Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

Go down 
+7
Ace
Tricky
ipodflix
FlyingKanga
AlterBlade
Emily♥
Vixx
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixx
Wanderer
Wanderer
Vixx

Registration date : 2010-01-02

EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare Empty
PostSubject: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 8th 2010, 4:45 pm

EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare Browse
Electronic Arts says it's ready to launch an "attack" against the hugely popular Modern Warfare series and it's looking to the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company 2 to make it a success.

There's no question that when it comes to modern combat shooters, Activision's Modern Warfare franchise rules the roost. The games have made truckloads of money for the publisher and turned Infinity Ward into one of the most highly-regarded developers in the business.

EA says it's gearing up to challenge that state of affairs, but not, surprisingly enough, with the recently announced Medal of Honor overhaul.

"In March we will launch Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which is our first strong attack on Call of Duty," EA Europe Senior Vice President Jens Uwe Intat said in an interview with MCV.
"The shooter space is one we don't want to give up. It's an important genre and we were the number one," he continued.
"So we are certainly working on how we can get that crown back and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is an important product in that context. The franchise is strong, with a good product record."

When I first saw the headline I assumed that the revamped Medal of Honorwould be EA's weapon of choice and not the online shooter from DICE, which is respected but hardly a genre killer. After watching some of the videos at the Bad Company 2 website, however, particularly the Panama Canal gameplay trailer, I can't help but think that maybe Intat is onto something. "If any of our studios can take on Modern Warfare then it's DICE," he added.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is scheduled for release on March 2nd (:P) for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Last edited by Vixx on January 10th 2010, 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emily♥
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
Emily♥

Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 9th 2010, 7:59 pm

So they're 'attacking' them?

A little rubbish on EA's part. I thought wrong about EA. I mean that's an epic failure. Generaly I think Modern Warfare is still going to come on top.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 9th 2010, 8:01 pm

EA is going to go downhill because of this selfish, greedy article they decided to make. I'm having second thoughts about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 9th 2010, 8:20 pm

March 2nd.
Back to top Go down
Vixx
Wanderer
Wanderer
Vixx

Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 4:10 am

Chao wrote:
EA is going to go downhill because of this selfish, greedy article they decided to make. I'm having second thoughts about them.
Agreed. They laid off a few of their employees to save money and just went ahead and bought PlayFish a week after or something.

The game shows potential, though. I don't know, it looks like EA is up to something.
.Snookims wrote:
March 2nd.
What March 2nd? I don't know what you're talking about. :P
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyJanuary 10th 2010, 6:34 am

As soon as I get MWF2, you are all going to switch to Battlefield. EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare 153259
Back to top Go down
ipodflix
Observer
Observer
ipodflix

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 12:00 pm

I have not played any recent EA shooters but i used to play Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142, which are both overall better games then any game infinity ward has ever released.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 1:20 pm

I've always liked the CoD series, even though it has gotten massively better over time. BC2 is an ok game, from what I've seen, but definitely not about to overtake MW2, at least not for me.
Back to top Go down
Ace
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 2:32 pm

CoD1 FTW

The thing about the CoD series is that many companies have made versions. Its still called CoD.
Like Treyarch who made CoD for Gamecube and for wii. And Activision...well activision did good
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 3:02 pm

I love Bad Company 2, and I like it more than Modern Warfare 2.

"Why?" You might ask. Well, it gives you a whole tactical and somewhat realistic experience. MW2 is just a broken arcade shooter, where all you do is run around the map like a crazy madman killing people and requires barely any teamwork to become successful. I barely see anyone in MW2 that plays tactically, and when they do, they take it too far by pretending they're in the army.

I've played many BC2 matches, and when we play like people do in MW2, then we lose. When you play tactically, and help out your teammates, then you become successful.

I've also played many MW2 matches, and it doesn't really matter if you play tactically or not.

The only problem I can say about BC2, that the guns have a small magazine.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 4:18 pm

Na, if you run around like a "madman" then you will die in a few seconds. You can be good at the game without teamwork, but you can be amazing with teamwork. I'd love to be in a good clan where we actually use teamwork. At this point, I'm pretty much on my own in random matches. I've never seen any of them that pretend that they are in the army.

BC2 is a different game, of course you have to play with a different strategy.

MW2 gives you different ways to win. If you think of it, it is almost like a chess game or whatever. Each player/team has different moves that they can make to stop the other's move. You could camp, you could Run&Gun, you can do it all tactically, you could tactically run&gun.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 5:02 pm

Tricky wrote:
Na, if you run around like a "madman" then you will die in a few seconds. You can be good at the game without teamwork, but you can be amazing with teamwork. I'd love to be in a good clan where we actually use teamwork. At this point, I'm pretty much on my own in random matches. I've never seen any of them that pretend that they are in the army.

BC2 is a different game, of course you have to play with a different strategy.

MW2 gives you different ways to win. If you think of it, it is almost like a chess game or whatever. Each player/team has different moves that they can make to stop the other's move. You could camp, you could Run&Gun, you can do it all tactically, you could tactically run&gun.

Yes, but what I was trying to get at though that I find BC2 more of a realistic game, and that's how I like it.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 10th 2010, 11:28 pm

Bambi wrote:

DONT BE A LOSER LIKE ME, DON'T CLICK AND DON'T JOIN...
http://iteen.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Fix'd. :D
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 11th 2010, 12:11 pm

Bambi wrote:
QUE??

You know I'm kidding. :P
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 12th 2010, 11:27 am

Bambi wrote:

DONT BE A LOSER, CLICK AND JOIN...
http://iteen.forumotion.com/forum.htm
http://irefuse.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Eh, MW2 wasn't that great of a game to me, anyway. I'm not a big fan of shooter games, but I'll check out BC2 whenever I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 13th 2010, 10:23 pm

Im gonna say one thing, and one thing only. Battlefield:BC2 is better than cod.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 13th 2010, 10:43 pm

RR wrote:
Im gonna say one thing, and one thing only. Battlefield:BC2 is better than cod.

What's your gamertag?
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 13th 2010, 10:44 pm

I have a PS3 haha.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 13th 2010, 10:46 pm

RR wrote:
I have a PS3 haha.

I thought you had both?
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare EmptyFebruary 13th 2010, 10:46 pm

Nope, never.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare   EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare Empty

Back to top Go down

EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare
Page 1 of 1