Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3

Go down 
+5
OhLawdy
Skyward Sam
Hellopayton
KingdomDarkII
Maria
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 Empty
PostSubject: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 7:10 pm

Finishing your education, getting married, having kids, etc.
What's the point of all of this? Are we all just part of God's pointless little hamster show or am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 9:46 pm

I stayed up two nights thinking about this. It's pointless.
Here are some ways I will "disprove" some common ones.

God:
God creates us all as a "test", yet, being omnipotent and omniscient, he already knows where we will go and what will happen. Therefore, no need to test us.

To be happy:
If the purpose of life is to happy, then we wouldn't die. We would continue our pursuit of happiness.

To learn all:
If that was true, one man would or could have the ability to know all the knowledge to the universe. Also, if you believe time travel is impossible, then secrets wouldn't die with those who know them.

To pass our genetic coding:
Those who believe in God believe this is false, as it supports evolution. Other than that, I find no reason for this to be inaccurate, other than the fact extinction exists.

To die:
As emo as it sounds, this may be it. What are we striving to do before we die? And what happens after you achieve that? You die. Only problem... If this was the purpose of life, then it wouldn't be so easy to obtain.

To survive:
The problem with this is that surviving is no longer a challenge.

To find the truth:
Possibly... It is hidden rather well.

That's all I can think of now...
So, life is probably pointless. Which is funny because it's the only conclusion I can come to and it's the only one I can't accept.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 9:53 pm

You live
You do stuff that affects other stuff
You die

The end!
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 10:06 pm

I don't really get myself nervous over this, and whatever happens happens for me. Basically, I'll find out everything when I die so until then let's party.
Back to top Go down
OhLawdy
Vagabond
Vagabond
OhLawdy

Registration date : 2010-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 11:02 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
You live
You do stuff that affects other stuff
You die

The end!

Well put.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 2:44 am

Imagine pure nothing after you die. Doesn't it sound depressing?
This is a test life. The real life is going to come later.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 3:19 am

Kanga wrote:

:D
PREACH IT
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 3:42 pm

Kanga wrote:

Lots of things are true and depressing. If this is a test, why? What is the purpose of testing us? Doesn't God already know how we will do? And if this is a test, why make us the way we are? Does a man who knows not of religion because of where he lives, does he go to heaven? How do you know yours is right? Because a book written by humans tells you so?

And the real life is going to come later? Please, explain heaven. I don't get it. You float around and do nothing all day. Sounds mundane. I would rather live in this atrocity of a world then that.
Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 12619410

Here's some selected quotes from your book. See the loving God that is testing us?
Lev:20:13
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have
done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be
on their own heads."
Ah, so if they make a choice with the free will you gave them, they should die?

Lev:20:9
"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put
to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be
upon him."
Have you ever said "No, I'm not going to do that" to your father or mother. You should be killed.

And why would God give us something he wants us to cut off? Weren't we made in His image?

Matt 10:35-6
Here's a quote from Christ.
"For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household."

Only love Jesus, for he is the self-proclaimed son of God.
We must hate our family, according to him. You know your mom? Hate her. What has she done for you? Give you food, clothing, love, and money? Go out into the woods and pray to God that a chicken dies, cooks itself, and feeds itself to you. He is all powerful, isn't he? I mean, if He existed, he would do this for you. He is all-loving and all-powerful. Oh wait, he's NOT all-loving. If he was, there would be no devil! He created the devil. He created all the hate, misery, and disease in this world. He created war and refuses to intervene. He wants us to KILL each other and then he wants them to go to Heck. Hmmmmm... Funny. I could've sworn being gay isn't a choice, but they're born that way. Hmmm... So, God creates people we should kill?
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 3:50 pm

He never said heaven, you are just assuming and trying to jump on someone for being a Christian which I find funny. Anyway, I don't bring religious views to forums because everyone just argues about it and it gets boring. I find myself not having religious views more and more everyday though, because I'd rather keep it personal.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 3:59 pm

DirkD wrote:
He never said heaven, you are just assuming and trying to jump on someone for being a Christian which I find funny. Anyway, I don't bring religious views to forums because everyone just argues about it and it gets boring. I find myself not having religious views more and more everyday though, because I'd rather keep it personal.
I've seen his posts before. He's a christian.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 4:00 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
DirkD wrote:

Ok, well still he never said heaven. Plus, we should just stop talking about religion completely.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 4:47 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
DirkD wrote:
If I recall correctly, Kanga once said he's a Muslim.
Don't know. Just felt like pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 8:16 pm

Yeah, he is.

And I don't really care. If I live a good life now, then I'll consider the consequences when I need to.
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 8:42 pm

Couldn't matter less to me. Sometimes I think that maybe God finds this whole thing funny. And then sometimes I just like to think that there's just a God out there to care, and try to warn you when you're gonna do something bad...but that he's ultimately just like any other friend. He's gonna let you go into some bad situations because he really thinks he's done everything he can do to talk you out of it.

And also that ultimately, he's going to just stick by your side and be a friend. Not someone that's gonna make you come to him and humble yourself before him before he accepts you again. Every time I really mess something up, I just kinda say "Sorry 'bout that, man", and that's repentance for me. :P

That's my take on it. Also - screw all that omnipotence crap. I honestly think there are several things in the Bible that are completely untrue (Genesis, namely), and I think that half of the time, prophets were entirely self-proclaimed. Basically, we're just taking the word of God-knows-who. For all we know, these were a bunch of religious schizophrenic maniacs. So I'll stick to my own theories.

Oh, and also...isn't there a Debates forum for these kinds of topics? Because in Chit-Chat, people are just going to bash this after a while. At least in Debates, people focus on the subject at hand and don't argue the controversy of it instead.
~Egaro
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 10:01 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Kanga wrote:

Lots of things are true and depressing. If this is a test, why? What is the purpose of testing us? Doesn't God already know how we will do? And if this is a test, why make us the way we are? Does a man who knows not of religion because of where he lives, does he go to heaven? How do you know yours is right? Because a book written by humans tells you so?

And the real life is going to come later? Please, explain heaven. I don't get it. You float around and do nothing all day. Sounds mundane. I would rather live in this atrocity of a world then that.

Here's some selected quotes from your book. See the loving God that is testing us?
on their own heads."

upon him."
Have you ever said "No, I'm not going to do that" to your father or mother. You should be killed.

And why would God give us something he wants us to cut off? Weren't we made in His image?

"For I have come to turn

We must hate our family, according to him. You know your mom? Hate her. What has she done for you? Give you food, clothing, love, and money? Go out into the woods and pray to God that a chicken dies, cooks itself, and feeds itself to you. He is all powerful, isn't he? I mean, if He existed, he would do this for you. He is all-loving and all-powerful. Oh wait, he's NOT all-loving. If he was, there would be no devil! He created the devil. He created all the hate, misery, and disease in this world. He created war and refuses to intervene. He wants us to KILL each other and then he wants them to go to Heck. Hmmmmm... Funny. I could've sworn being gay isn't a choice, but they're born that way. Hmmm... So, God creates people we should kill?

We don't know if god knows how we will do. If judgement day just comes first instead of the test and god says you did bad, you would say HOW?! I didn't do anything.. And there is no proof that religion is not the correct path.

@Harbinger
Yes I am.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:19 am

Kanga wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Kanga wrote:

on their own heads."

upon him."

"For I have come to turn

We don't know if god knows how we will do. If judgement day just comes first instead of the test and god says you did bad, you would say HOW?! I didn't do anything.. And there is no proof that religion is not the correct path.

@Harbinger
Yes I am.
He is known as omnipotent and omniscient. That is all powerful and all knowing. And the thing is... We won't live to see Judgment day if it ever DOES come. God said "Next time, I will destroy the Earth by fire", meaning that we will all be dead by judgment day. He said he WILL destroy the Earth by fire, not "If Earth gets like this again, I'm going to burn it." And, by saying he WILL destroy it, it means he knows the future, meaning he knows our "test scores."

And I know I'm not a good person. If I am judged, the only surprise outcome will be getting into heaven or purgatory.

Also, I direct you to evolution, dinosaurs (When did God make those?
Before Adam and Eve?), evil, history, any part of history where a man
claims to be the second coming... It's easy to convince those who are
desperate.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:23 am

I can show you a website that has all the signs of judgement day and most of them are true now but you will get offended by it a bit..
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:26 am

Kanga wrote:
I can show you a website that has all the signs of judgement day and most of them are true now but you will get offended by it a bit..
Doesn't mind me one bit. I have an open mind and have consider opinions.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:28 am

You only look for scientific facts. That's not open minded.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:40 am

Kanga wrote:
You only look for scientific facts. That's not open minded.
Not true. I find the one that has the most facts. And you can't prove the Bible, Torah, or Koran true, can you? Bits and parts, maybe, but not all of it. Science, however, is based on fact. We have bones to prove the dinosaurs lived and we have proof a meteor wiped them out. We have the remains of the missing link between humans and animals. You, however, have a book that says a man can walk on water and a big all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible man in the sky is watching me. First, how can anything be all-knowing? And all-powerful? Where is he? How is he invisible? How is he watching us? Is he just a consciousness or is he an actual being?

And that the all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible man impregnated a lady to give birth to his son. Yes. His sperm magically flew through the air into her. And he magically gave his son the ability to walk on water, even though this has not been proven, nobody that actually WROTE THE BIBLE/TORAH/KORAN saw it, and logically... It can't be done.

Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 Sciunc10

Last edited by KingdomDarkII on March 6th 2010, 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 12:43 am

The Quran isn't the only proof. Prophets have made books over time of what is going to happen.
I'd appreciate if this would stop so it won't become a flame war or if you want to continue, then chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 1:10 am

Just stop debating.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 EmptyMarch 6th 2010, 1:22 am

In case you haven't noticed, we're done. A mod can delete these posts if it is necessary. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3   Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Life + all that deep crap that makes me so deep <3
Page 1 of 1