Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Google officially changing it's name?

Go down 
+9
Maria
FlyingKanga
BabyCP
Kyuu
Chub 777
Bandit
Endless Night
Bam
ParkourSAM
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

Is Google officially changing it's name? Empty
PostSubject: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 2:52 pm

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/04/different-kind-of-company-name.html

Recently, Topeka officialy renamed their city to Google. Google is now, in honor of the name change of the city Topeka to Google, is changing their name to Topeka. Check out www.google.com and you can see for yourself!

Google = Topeka

Topeka, KS = Google, KS

APRIL FOOLS!!
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 4:03 pm

It's a true story though isnt it? Not the part about google, but the part about the town?
Back to top Go down
Endless Night
Sidekick
Sidekick
Endless Night

Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 4:45 pm

Bam wrote:
It's a true story though isnt it? Not the part about google, but the part about the town?

Topeka did change their name to Google but Google's name isn't going to change.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 5:01 pm

Bam wrote:

Yeah, but what I read was that it might change back in the future...
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 6:15 pm

Oh, okay then.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 6:21 pm

I don't know if Topeka actually changed their name to Google, since on Google Maps I typed in Google, Kansas and nothing came up. I then typed in Topeka, Kansas and it came up normal.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 10:51 pm

I knew this was a joke all along.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 1st 2010, 10:54 pm

SW wrote:
I don't know if Topeka actually changed their name to Google, since on Google Maps I typed in Google, Kansas and nothing came up. I then typed in Topeka, Kansas and it came up normal.
They wont change there name on a map because its only changing its name temporarily.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 1:09 am

Of course this is a fool. Google changing their name would be in the news... I don't think your aware of how much power the search engine has.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 3:46 am

Kyuu wrote:
Of course this is a fool. Google changing their name would be in the news... I don't think your aware of how much power the search engine has.

Actually, Facebook has more hits than Google...
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 6:52 am

Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

Hits has nothing to do with how popular or how much social power a site has. Seeing to the fact there's a movie named after google and a town named after google, I doubt facebook as anything on google. Facebook is going to die like Myspace did. Facebook is a social site, when your friends leave you'll leave. Google however will always be in business, not to mention how they own YouTube, but see the fact that human curiosity is endless, therefor google will always serve a purpose.

Actually, Your argument is invalid.....
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:08 am

Oh wow. You got me there! D;
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:20 am

Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

Hits has nothing to do with how popular or how much social power a site has. Seeing to the fact there's a movie named after google and a town named after google, I doubt facebook as anything on google. Facebook is going to die like Myspace did. Facebook is a social site, when your friends leave you'll leave. Google however will always be in business, not to mention how they own YouTube, but see the fact that human curiosity is endless, therefor google will always serve a purpose.

A movie? And you actually fell for the town part?
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:23 am

Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

The only thing that makes Facebook popular is Farmville.
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:33 am

Kanga wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

The only thing that makes Facebook popular is Farmville.
Not really. ;D I know a lot of people who hate Farmville and they still go on Facebook. :p
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:37 am

Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

The town point is questionable, but yes there was a movie, and the rest of my evidence is correct. Your evidence however does not exist.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 7:53 am

Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

The town point is questionable, but yes there was a movie, and the rest of my evidence is correct. Your evidence however does not exist.

http://www.google.com.au/trends?q=google%2Cfacebook

Go knock yourself out. It also said on the news. And as for the Google movie...

It isn't here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_%28disambiguation%29
(BTW, the name change was real)
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 8:06 am

Facebook get's more hits because you need to manually get there. Millions open firefox and the first thing they see is Google. I don't think your understanding this whole thing, sir. You see a hit is a rise in popularity, in order to get a hit you have to go from lower to higher. Facebook has just recently began to blow up, google has been on it's popularity trend for years. Grab hold of some internet Chub, now look around, on a ratio, what do you see more, facebook or google?

Google owns Youtube, Google owns business advertisements, Google offers stay at home jobs, Google offers a search engine ( The same engine Ask and Babylon run on). Google is an online empire, Facebook is a social site. Get back to me in two years when it dies like Myspace...

And as for that movie: http://www.googlemethemovie.com/

People who have no idea what they're talking about irritate me.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 8:12 am

Kyuu wrote:
Facebook get's more hits because you need to manually get there. Millions open firefox and the first thing they see is Google.

That's just the Google stats. The "I'll open Firefox and out comes Google" hits are unknown, me thinks.

Kyuu wrote:
Get back to me in two years when it dies like Myspace...

It has 5 million people on line. I don't think it will die anytime soon.

Kyuu wrote:

And as for that movie: http://www.googlemethemovie.com/
It looks cheap.

Kyuu wrote:

People who have no idea what they're talking about irritate me.

Sorry about that. I'm just trying to make a point. Now, lets just stop this before it turns into a flame war.
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 8:16 am

I pity those who think Facebook won't fall. I mean, have we learned nothing from watching Myspace crumble directly in front of us?

I pointed out the movie because it had the Google trademark name in the title... they all talked about Google in the movie, not Topeka.

I don't know how this got into a Google vs. Facebook thing, but the competition doesn't really exist. Chub, do you really think Facebook is more popular then Google? Youtube is Google. That should be enough said.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 10:04 am

Google is the internet. 'nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 2nd 2010, 12:35 pm

Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kyuu wrote:

http://www.google.com.au/trends?q=google%2Cfacebook

Go knock yourself out. It also said on the news. And as for the Google movie...

It isn't here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_%28disambiguation%29
(BTW, the name change was real)
That's how many people have searched google in google, not how many people visited it.
Back to top Go down
ipodflix
Observer
Observer
ipodflix

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 6th 2010, 7:52 pm

its an april fools joke, they do something like this every year
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 6th 2010, 7:58 pm

Chub. Your evidence is 100% invalid:
http://www.alexa.com/topsites

Facebook could not compare and it never will.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? EmptyApril 7th 2010, 12:26 am

Fender wrote:
Chub. Your evidence is 100% invalid:
http://www.alexa.com/topsites

Facebook could not compare and it never will.

But it was on the news...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Google officially changing it's name?   Is Google officially changing it's name? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Google officially changing it's name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next