Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Member Non Member debate.

Go down 
+9
2PXI
Skyward Sam
Paint Ninja
Bam
Giatekla
tntclay
melb3
Green Puffle
Clonewars2
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

Member Non Member debate. Empty
PostSubject: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 5:55 pm

Here you can talk about if you think Non members deserve more respect, Whether you think Clubpenguin is going overboard with the member updates ( New log in page, Member party). Or if you think members deserve more and want to get thier money's worth. or if you think membership should be free and Clubpenguin should rely on Ads to get money. And please remember NO FLAMING.

(Im a Member) I think that members do deserve more, but I think that the log in page is going way to far and should not revolve all around membership. I understand that clubpenguin relys on membership for money, in order to stay Ad free but I also understand that clubpenguin does not need extra money and is extremely good financhialy right now considering disney owns it and how they donated 1 million dollars to charitys around the world. I also think cp should give non-members some respect.

Last edited by clonewars2 on January 21st 2009, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green Puffle
Super-Human
Super-Human
Green Puffle

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 5:59 pm

Though I'm a member, it must seem awfully patronising for any nonmembers. Also, I don't think anyone will join just because they want a member's badge... they didn't even put it in the right place. It should've been on the opposite side of the pin in my opinion...
Back to top Go down
melb3
Vagabond
Vagabond
melb3

Registration date : 2008-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 6:01 pm

im amember but everything is going to far.im amember and non member.and to be fair i like my non member best but now the whole cp has gone over bouard
members deserve respect but so does non members
Back to top Go down
tntclay
Adept
Adept
tntclay

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 6:33 pm

Im a member, and i think giving members more things is a good thing. How else would they pay for club penguin! But i do think the login page and the badge is going to far even though they are really cool
Back to top Go down
Giatekla
Digintary
Digintary
Giatekla

Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 6:43 pm

Lately, I've been thinking this money thing that Disney wants...
Because...
First off, by excluding non-members from the Night Club.
Second off, by putting in a cool music box in the Night Club (which non-members can't get) where penguins can dance this cool dance with it.
Third off, advertising membership on the home page. Lol...

Well, I think membership is a cool advantage too have, for 5.00... I mean that's my weekly allowance!

So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Bam

Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 6:46 pm

Gia-Jingles wrote:
Because...
Second off, by putting in a cool music box in the Night Club (which non-members can't get) where penguins can dance this cool dance with it.

Well, I think membership is a cool advantage too have, for 5.00... I mean that's my weekly allowance!

So yeah.

Most sites dont even let nonmembers play anything, I think non members should be thankfully that you can even play. Most things give you like a trial for a few days or hours, cp is not stop and you can do a lot as a nonmember. So I am a nonmember right now and i have been a member before, and I think members are better.

~Bam
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 6:58 pm

I think that the start-up page about the Members is REALLY harsh to all nons, who don't have enough money to become a member..

~STG
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 21st 2009, 7:03 pm

Bam wrote:
Gia-Jingles wrote:
Because...

So yeah.

Most sites dont even let nonmembers play anything, I think non members should be thankfully that you can even play. Most things give you like a trial for a few days or hours, cp is not stop and you can do a lot as a nonmember. So I am a nonmember right now and i have been a member before, and I think members are better.

~Bam
You do have a point about how they should be lucky to play without paying ever but the login page should not revolve around membership. It doesint fit the clubpenguin image at all.
Back to top Go down
Paint Ninja
Adept
Adept

Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 3:16 am

I'm a non member and I think non members should stop whining and be happy for what they have. Although, I do think the home page is going too far with the membership advertising. Non members are lucky that Club Penguin even lets them to continue to play. Other games only let you play a trial of it and that's only about 3 days.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 4:22 am

If you are willing to pay for something, you deserve more. I'm sorry I don't see how non-members are disrespected?
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 4:57 am

I agree with what everyone has said so far, but I think that CP sometimes wastes its time, effort, and money on pointless stuff, when it could be making more things for members and non-members. I won't go into examples, I've got too many.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 12:41 pm

The new log in screen is a bit much, I like the older ones better.

But everything else is fine, not unfair...
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 2:30 pm

Peng Peng 11 wrote:
I agree with what everyone has said so far, but I think that CP sometimes wastes its time, effort, and money on pointless stuff, when it could be making more things for members and non-members. I won't go into examples, I've got too many.
i agree i mean they made this pointless update and then the fiesta was one the worst parties in a while hopfully the festival of snow can redem it cp looked like they would redem themselves with the mabers party but then the fiesta messed that up.
Back to top Go down
CrazyCatoon
Super-Human
Super-Human
CrazyCatoon

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 7:11 pm

I think that CP is obviously on a money hunt right now.

They've been doing awesome parties for members, with new games and everything, and then they host these rubbish little parties where they barely do anything XD

However, as a paying member myself, I think that I finally see a really good reason to be one. I hope CP actually will use this money well, because this campaign will sure get them alot of it.
Back to top Go down
smeeble
Lurker
Lurker
smeeble

Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 9:24 pm

cp has gone a little overboard with the login page... before cp met up with Disney and became "organized" it was less laggy on cp... now i cant even go on cp without puching the + button to make it pixely... and it still lags... :oops: as far as the member thing goes.. im just glad im able to play :D ... some games don't let u play unless u pay... :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Non Member debate.   Member Non Member debate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Non Member debate.
Page 1 of 1