Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Storytelling Contest Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

Registration date : 2009-03-17

Storytelling Contest Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Storytelling Contest Guidelines   Storytelling Contest Guidelines EmptyMarch 18th 2009, 9:22 pm

Coming up, I am soon (starting in April), I have decided to come up with a story-telling contest, just to test the creativity of all the people on the website. To start off, I would like to show you my story-telling cycle, which works mainly in 30-day intervals:

1. Days 1-3 (Preparation): I create the beginning of a new Club Penguin story and post it on the forum.
  2. Days 4-5 (Submissions): All other penguins on the website can submit their ideas on the continuation of the story by sending me PRIVATE MESSAGES.
  3. Day 6 (Filtering): I go through all private messages and delete all "junk" stories, bringing my options down to a maximum of TEN stories.
  4. Day 7 (Finalizing): I go through the remaining continuations, choosing one story I like best to post.
  5. Day 8 (Posting): I post the continuation to the story, giving credit to the person who made up the section.
  6. Days 9-12, 16-19, and 23-25 are all days for submissions. Days 13, 20, and 26 are all filtering days. Days 14, 21, and 27 are all set aside for finalizing. Days 15, 22, and 28 are to post new continuations.
  7. On Day 29, the story is considered to be complete. Once this happens, the story is copied onto a private message and sent to each of the moderators. The moderators all review the now-finished story and make last-minute revisions. They then pass the message onward to The Gang and the administrators, where they all make comments regarding the story, which are posted as replies for the story. They also give ratings for the stories from 1 to 10, with 10 being extremely good.
  8. On Days 30 to Day 2 of the next month, the story is considered to be locked. All authors of the posted continuations are to send in their ideas for the next story. I use these suggestions, along with ideas I have, to make up a new story for the following month.

Regulations on what you can and cannot post in a possible continuation:

• You may not use any words that would be inappropriate to a 10-year-old or that your penguin would not normally be able to say on Club Penguin without being banned.
  • You may not use these stories as mudslings: be respectful to all penguins on Club Penguin and all penguins on this forum.
  • Follow the normal rules of the forum.
  • Your story must at least have 250 words to progress the story enough to actually get something good happening, but you may NOT use more than 10,000, just to give other penguins a chance.
  • You may not make the story end prematurely: you must try to keep the story going. In the first and second weeks, you want to build things up regarding suspense, more in the second than the first. The third week should mark the climax (the most dramatic part), but then we start to wrap things up. Week four is mainly to simply finish a story (if we do NOT finish a story by Week 4, then I present it as a Part 1 to the admins and mods, and on a month with little inspiration, I take the cliff-hanging Part 1 of an old story (up to one year old, normally) and come up with the beginning of a Part 2 to the story.
  • Keep the story within the lines of reason. By that, I mean, don't like, suddenly make a boatload of monkeys suddenly land on Club Penguin that turn into vicious lions that have puffle meat for lunch in your story. Club Penguin is an imaginative, creative place, but don't stretch that principle so far the story turns awkward. Also, this means to stay at least fairly relevant to the original story and all continuations.
  • Please do not involve human beings in a Club Penguin story.
  • You may only submit ONE STORY per account.
  • Do not type random, unreadable gibberish such as DHMLshihd&*e837{{}j797JHajkhj6^%2ghSGJfhf. As you can imagine, I am not very good in forigen languages, so please make what you're typing worth my time to read and consider.
  • Remember to try to use proper spelling and grammar. So long as I can consider it readable content, I may consider it. If I post your story on the main forum, then I will simply correct spelling and grammar errors for you. However, if it is so much I don't know what the heck you're writing, then I simply consider it to be RUG (Random Unreadable Gibberish) and you know what I do with that.
  • DO NOT SEND ME YOUR STORY CONTINUATIONS IN REPLY FORMAT. Replies for the story-telling contest are only for one reason: for everyone to make comments for the COMPLETED STORY. To ensure this, we lock the stories as soon as they are first posted and unlock it around Day 25. If you DO send it in like that, then I won't even consider it, plus I will add you to my foe list should you do that.
Back to top Go down

Storytelling Contest Guidelines
Page 1 of 1