Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgpcds
Citizen
Citizen
Tgpcds

Registration date : 2008-11-25

Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes... Empty
PostSubject: Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...   Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes... EmptyMay 26th 2009, 12:58 pm

Other than just Internet Explorer making new windows at my face and multiplying which is supremely irritating and anger-creating
I also have this other problem... I'm posting from my Administrator account on my computer which is activated through CMD Prompt
And instead of IE just multiplying windows playing games with me like it's a poker game all over my screen, I'm
struggling to use Firefox and post with ease, but I can't. It keeps refreshing automatically to my homepage, and if it's like an encrypted
page, it asks me if I want to continue or not, I say no. While Internet Explorer keeps making new windows making
myself a poker game all over my screen it always keeps crying and begging me to make Internet Explorer my default browser, NO!

I uninstalled it, and if I need to. I should just throw the computer OUT THE WINDOW because I am really irritated
and I sometimes have to use my PSP for internet access, then my PSP keeps crying and saying, "There is not enough memory"
Any advice this time?? About the refresh thing, if I need to rephrase it, for example, if I'm trying to post on CPP, it just refreshes
by itself and I'm not even clicking the refresh button and it just redirects me to my homepage.

Seems like a virus, don't you think? I scanned my computer and it took 6 hours and something minutes, no virus detected.
Wow.. no virus huh. There is one, it's just hiding as a different file.

Again, any advice???
Back to top Go down
Greenday/tim123
Sidekick
Sidekick
Greenday/tim123

Registration date : 2009-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...   Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes... EmptyMay 27th 2009, 2:56 pm

This is common behaviour, found in that of Malware and Spyware.

Regardless of your previous scan, I suggest you get a reliable anti-virus and the free version of Ad-aware by Lavasoft.
Install, and scan.
Also, be on the look-out for anything that looks suspicious, or any programs that you don't remember downloading. Try the 'Program Files' folder (located in your C: Drive) or looking through your 'Start Menu'.
Back to top Go down
Tgpcds
Citizen
Citizen
Tgpcds

Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...   Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes... EmptyMay 27th 2009, 3:08 pm

Oh never-mind, I think it's probably nothing apparently. I watched a video on YouTube that tells how to uninstall / delete IE ENTIRELY from your computer and I tried what they did, it completely works!

Now I don't get pop-ups or refreshes, the refreshes sometimes are accidental when I click 5 and click F5 instead...

Anyways, request for thread to be locked, and my other Internet Explorer pop-ups thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...   Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes... Empty

Back to top Go down

Instead of IE making pop-ups, refreshes...
Page 1 of 1