Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Signature Size Limit

Go down 
+20
DGKiD
magicNASRI
lookathis
Ghost
Bandit
Tricky
Talan
Greenday/tim123
iSnow
FlyingKanga
Catflap60
leahcim
Kool Kat
Iced8383
Thunder
iCool
Ally687
xPYRAMiD™
Rudolph
Argie
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

Signature Size Limit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 7:48 am

Greenday/tim123 wrote:
Back to sigs, is mine respectable, or too big?

Yep, yours is fine.
I think it can be like 2 images or something.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 9:30 am

Argie wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:
Even though nobody would notice if a signature image was a couple pixels outside the size limit, some people's signatures are getting so ridiculously big that I think a size limit should be put in place and stay in place this time. For example, Polina's signature contains about 10 images and takes up way too much space. And some other guy has about 4 images, two of them really big, and it's bugging me a lot.

I suggest you consider enforcing that signature size limit that nobody ever bothered to care about, or at least parts of it, because I swear one more image and Polina's will be about a foot long.

Why can't you just let the staff worry about it and mind your own business?
Because, most obviously, the staff has not noticed this yet or has been rather slow taking action. It seems as if you want me to be stripped of my right to share my opinion and point this very annoying problem out because your faith lies in the staff entirely to help out the forum. I would never, ever dare dream of minding my own business and letting the staff sort it out, because if I did then what would ever get done? I'd like my problems to be sorted out with a much higher priority than you seem to think they deserve.

So please, why don't you just let the people who care worry about it and mind your own business?

I never said that I didn't care. I do care. It's gets annoying. These big signatures.
Back to top Go down
Talan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Talan

Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 2:27 pm

Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:
Even though nobody would notice if a signature image was a couple pixels outside the size limit, some people's signatures are getting so ridiculously big that I think a size limit should be put in place and stay in place this time. For example, Polina's signature contains about 10 images and takes up way too much space. And some other guy has about 4 images, two of them really big, and it's bugging me a lot.

I suggest you consider enforcing that signature size limit that nobody ever bothered to care about, or at least parts of it, because I swear one more image and Polina's will be about a foot long.

Because, most obviously, the staff has not noticed this yet or has been rather slow taking action. It seems as if you want me to be stripped of my right to share my opinion and point this very annoying problem out because your faith lies in the staff entirely to help out the forum. I would never, ever dare dream of minding my own business and letting the staff sort it out, because if I did then what would ever get done? I'd like my problems to be sorted out with a much higher priority than you seem to think they deserve.

So please, why don't you just let the people who care worry about it and mind your own business?

I never said that I didn't care. I do care. It's gets annoying. These big signatures.

On my screen yours is big too.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 2:30 pm

Talan wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:

Yes, but do I have 6 images like Polina? No.
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 2:35 pm

what does it matter if i want a big signature i can have a big signature
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 3:06 pm

iCool wrote:
what does it matter if i want a big signature i can have a big signature
It matters because we are annoyed! Polina was and still is being immature, but AT LEAST she changed her sig. You still haven't done that. You are just being ignorant... Just listen to us and change your sig. It's not that hard.
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 3:22 pm

fine but then Argie goes on my enemy list
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 6:02 pm

Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:

As already stated, anyone at the forums can give suggestions and post their opinions. As long as they abide by the rules of course.

Argie wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:

I've noticed this way before I was staff. I believe it became a rule one time but didn't stay long. :S I agree though, some of these sigs need to be cut down. 2 images seems like enough. I normally only use 1.

Kool Kat wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:

Its good she brought this up. Shes part of the forum, shes allowed to bring this sort of stuff up.
I think tricky brought it up in the staff forum.
Thanks Argie, i'll have a talk to the people with big sigs.
;)

leahcim wrote:
Hey people if you don't like my siganture and it's does not fit in your screen IT"S YOUR PRIOBLEM NOT MY! I LIKE MY SIGNATURE AND I WILL BE THERE ALL THE TIME LIKE I WANT IF I WANNA CHANGE IT IWLL CHANGE IT.
If a rule gets added, a rule is added. These are forums for you to post your opinions in. Anything that could go into your signature, could go into it's own post or topic somewhere around here.

leahcim wrote:
:x YOUR FORUM IS SO SLUCK I THINK I SHOULD LEAVE THIS FORUM AND START POSTING IN CLUBPENGUIN DOCK :P :x I HATE THIS FREAKEN FORUM.
...because you can't have a long signature?

Lightning wrote:
Talan wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:
Lightning wrote:
Argie wrote:

Yes, but do I have 6 images like Polina? No.
Don't start pointing fingers. :line:

iCool wrote:
fine but then Argie goes on my enemy list
Whether or not that she would have suggested it, it would probably have come about sooner or later. Also, she does have some good opinions... whether or not that you want to actually read them.

-----------

Stop with all of the flaming everyone. This thread would have been made sooner or later, I've made one just like it tons of times. Having a long signature may not hurt yourself, but it could others. Not everyone uses the same resolution.

Signatures CAN be disabled. The staff does not have to let anyone have one. I don't expect it but if adding a rule won't help, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 7:01 pm

There usually isn't anyone with a super-long signature. Sometimes people tend to have it stretched out far or like an over sized avatar that stretches down their post. This gets awful annoying at times, there isn't really a way to prevent it without adding a rule so I guess if it was long people could put it in a spoiler..?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 7:34 pm

Argie, I totally agree. Signatures get way to big for the computer screen you have. The thing is, users have 17" screens which for them, it doesn't make the screen go bigger, but a lot of users have 15" like me. That makes it so the screen has to be bigger then the computer.

The size limit should be...500 PX wide, no more.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 9:49 pm

leahcim wrote:
:x YOUR FORUM IS SO SLUCK I THINK I SHOULD LEAVE THIS FORUM AND START POSTING IN CLUBPENGUIN DOCK :P :x I HATE THIS FREAKEN FORUM.

Maybe you should have listened to us and taken out a few images.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 9:51 pm

leahcim wrote:

Are you kidding me? Your signature is to big. It's much to ask. Put it in a spoiler. Good bye.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 16th 2009, 11:47 pm

Wiiracer Wurm wrote:
There usually isn't anyone with a super-long signature. Sometimes people tend to have it stretched out far or like an over sized avatar that stretches down their post. This gets awful annoying at times, there isn't really a way to prevent it without adding a rule so I guess if it was long people could put it in a spoiler..?
Many don't want to use spoilers though. If they would, I'm sure everyone would be fine with tons of images in your sigs.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 17th 2009, 2:56 am

We have a 500 character limit...
Alot really won't fit.

And don't we have a sig size limit rule ?
Back to top Go down
lookathis
Super-Human
Super-Human
lookathis

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 17th 2009, 3:07 pm

TFK: There is.
I belive it is 500 X 300
Spoiler:
Then, I think your alowed no more picures (Not sure on that bit)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 17th 2009, 3:42 pm

I think it shouldn't be over 500 pixels. It's just because of different screen sizes, 500 pixels will work for all screen sizes.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 17th 2009, 4:05 pm

lookathis wrote:
TFK: There is.
I belive it is 500 X 300
Spoiler:
Then, I think your alowed no more picures (Not sure on that bit)
Bringing this from my memory but I think it was something like...

Your signature must be at max 500 x 300 including all images. In other words, you combine all of your images sizes. If it is under 500 x 300, you are good, if not then you will have your signature removed.

Dragon eggs did not count as a part of the size though. You could have 1 row max of dragon eggs in your signature.

There was more to the sig rules but I forgot them. I wonder if that old thread is still around... tricky
Back to top Go down
leahcim
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire

Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 5:12 am

lolz like my :face:
Back to top Go down
Catflap60
Super-Human
Super-Human
Catflap60

Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 6:52 am

Leahcim

Isin't your sig is too long?

It cant fit on my screen!
Back to top Go down
magicNASRI
Exemplar
Exemplar
magicNASRI

Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 20th 2009, 6:56 am

Catflap60 wrote:
Leahcim

That's you.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 2:58 pm

Tricky14 wrote:
I've noticed this way before I was staff. I believe it became a rule one time but didn't stay long. :S I agree though, some of these sigs need to be cut down. 2 images seems like enough. I normally only use 1.

2 Images plus some text seems reasonable in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 3:21 pm

Iced8383 wrote:
Tricky14 wrote:

Like yours + that smiley? ;) Yes, though, it does seem reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 6:11 pm

Tricky14 wrote:
Iced8383 wrote:
Tricky14 wrote:

Like yours + that smiley? ;) Yes, though, it does seem reasonable.

Some people's signatures seem to be long although they only have about 2 images, but they hit the "Return" button after ever photo and sentence (or fragment for that matter.).
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 6:15 pm

magicNASRI wrote:
Catflap60 wrote:
Leahcim

That's you.
You're is long too. :oh:
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 EmptyJuly 21st 2009, 6:16 pm

Yes, Oggy, your own signature has grown unreasonably long, don't you think? It seems quite large. It would be very helpful to please change it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Size Limit   Signature Size Limit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Signature Size Limit
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next