Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No new users

Go down 
+4
Bronze
Hellopayton
Maria
Skyward Sam
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

No new users Empty
PostSubject: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:30 pm

Wow, after 4 days we have had no new members. Club Penguin is really racking up the users for us.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:32 pm

DirkD wrote:
Wow, after 4 days we have had no new members. Club Penguin is really racking up the users for us.
Club Penguin is one mainstream beauty of a game, isn't it!?
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:33 pm

It's not like we've been getting users anyways.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 3:34 pm

Hellopayton wrote:

Oh, wow really. Yeah, Club Penguin has been helping us get more posts lately as you can see from the 5000 posts last month. And again, it hasn't been helping us at all you are saying. Maybe, just maybe, we could get a new topic for the forum??!! No one has brought that up before.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 4:08 pm

DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

Oh, wow really. Yeah, Club Penguin has been helping us get more posts lately as you can see from the 5000 posts last month. And again, it hasn't been helping us at all you are saying. Maybe, just maybe, we could get a new topic for the forum??!! No one has brought that up before.

Oh, what a wonderful idea dirk, what made a genius like you think of such an original idea like that? ;D
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 4:14 pm

Ice wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

Oh, what a wonderful idea dirk, what made a genius like you think of such an original idea like that? ;D
Wow! Hey, slow down, kid.

I helped out, too! Don't I deserve some sort of glorification? Maybe a few awards as well?
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 5:50 pm

Harbinger wrote:
Ice wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

Wow! Hey, slow down, kid.

I helped out, too! Don't I deserve some sort of glorification? Maybe a few awards as well?

Okayokayokay, you can be forumer of the week too...

Happy nao?
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 5:51 pm

DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

Or you could.. you know... go to any of the countless other forums for whatever topic you want to talk about.

My point is even though we're getting users registered no one really sticks around and uses their account, and it's probably not going to change.

And jesus Censored christ, if you want to talk about COD or Halo or any of that other crap so badly, go somewhere else. There's no need to move thousands of posts to the archive, buy a new domain name and redesign the forum just because Club Penguin isn't getting us new users. This place would probably die altogether if the topic was changed because the majority of guests and new registered users we get (even though they don't post) are looking for Club Penguin when they find this place
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 6:02 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

Or you could.. you know... go to any of the countless other forums for whatever topic you want to talk about.

My point is even though we're getting users registered no one really sticks around and uses their account, and it's probably not going to change.

And jesus Censored christ, if you want to talk about COD or Halo or any of that other crap so badly, go somewhere else. There's no need to move thousands of posts to the archive, buy a new domain name and redesign the forum just because Club Penguin isn't getting us new users. This place would probably die altogether if the topic was changed because the majority of guests and new registered users we get (even though they don't post) are looking for Club Penguin when they find this place

We don't get new registered users. Plus, it would be more fun to talk about another topic here because I know everyone. If you want to stay around with Club Penguin, why don't you go to another club penguin forum.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 6:38 pm

Yes, you may be right, but we'd get a lot more users if we weren't just geared towards ONE game. If we open it up a little it presents a broader interest to potential users.
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 7:52 pm

DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

We don't get new registered users. Plus, it would be more fun to talk about another topic here because I know everyone. If you want to stay around with Club Penguin, why don't you go to another club penguin forum.

1. Invite your friends to go to your new forum or the forum you want to post on about COD or whatever, you can frequent both places.
2. I don't really talk about Club Penguin much, but sometimes I do, and I just think that it makes more sense to NOT change the topic as it would likely kill any activity we still have. The site's suffering a huge bout of inactivity but that can be fixed, and I think that if the staff and users try hard enough that the activity problem can be easily fixed.

And here's a deal; if we haven't gotten out of this little forum dry spell by say the end of June, I will support your cause to change the forum topic, because by then it will be obvious that things aren't going to pick back up
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 8:42 pm

Who says everyone will stay that long before actually trying to fix it. Look at the farewell thread, we've been losing more then gaining the past couple days. If your waiting for June, then I'm guessing this forum won't last much longer.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 4th 2010, 10:03 pm

Hellopayton wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:
DirkD wrote:
Hellopayton wrote:

1. Invite your friends to go to your new forum or the forum you want to post on about COD or whatever, you can frequent both places.
2. I don't really talk about Club Penguin much, but sometimes I do, and I just think that it makes more sense to NOT change the topic as it would likely kill any activity we still have. The site's suffering a huge bout of inactivity but that can be fixed, and I think that if the staff and users try hard enough that the activity problem can be easily fixed.

And here's a deal; if we haven't gotten out of this little forum dry spell by say the end of June, I will support your cause to change the forum topic, because by then it will be obvious that things aren't going to pick back up

Why do you just bring up COD, I am not saying that at all. Anyway, the inactivity can't be easily fixed because it is so low right now and none of our users are involved in the game so we can't advertise it, etc
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 4:32 am

If we switch now before we lose most users, we could go off with a better start. Maybe Gaming Planet? I reckon making a forum that discusses lots of games would go better.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 5:18 am

Wait. Didn't we have four more forums that are semi-forums with CPP as the big forum?
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 6:19 am

The users came from there as I've heard of.. Club Penguin Island and Club Penguin Light House?
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 6:42 am

Kanga wrote:
The users came from there as I've heard of.. Club Penguin Island and Club Penguin Light House?

Yes, those were the ones. What happened to them. Why aren't we getting any *cough*migration*cough* from those forums?
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 7:22 am

They're dead. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 7:38 am

Chub 777 wrote:
Kanga wrote:

Yes, those were the ones. What happened to them. Why aren't we getting any *cough*migration*cough* from those forums?
Club Penguin Treo, Club Penguin Lighthouse, and Club Penguin Club (very creative name, huh?) all shut down when the forums merged to create this forum, Club Pengiun Planet. So, unless nothingness can use public means of transportation, we won't be getting "migration" from those forums anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 7:43 am

Harbinger wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Kanga wrote:

Club Penguin Treo, Club Penguin Lighthouse, and Club Penguin Club (very creative name, huh?) all shut down when the forums merged to create this forum, Club Pengiun Planet. So, unless nothingness can use public means of transportation, we won't be getting "migration" from those forums anytime soon.

I thought CPP was the base forum and all those other ones were sub-forums. Looks like we are at a dead-end...
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 9:00 am

The internet doesn't have dead ends.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 6:59 pm

Kanga wrote:
The internet doesn't have dead ends.

Well not dead ends-DEAD ENDS, but dead ends-we have to do something. Don't you think we should start a new CPL and a new CPT
and CPC? We'll have more forums to manage, but on the bright side, more users (hopefuly).
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 9:28 pm

I was on CPLH when the forums merge. To the best extent of my memory, the merge was a joint effort by the three forums to boost activity and bring more users discussing the same subject on similar forums to the same place. It wasn't to create a central "hub" with three other duplicates. Honestly, I think that if that was the case, people would put a certain preference on one of the four - and because of that, all that would really be happening here is that the users would be dispersed. It would create even less activity and probably result in a much quicker death to CPP.

Also - I know that a lot of you guys are pretty opposed to the idea of switching the primary topic of this forum. I don't know how long CPP has been this inactive, but if it's been sometime over three months, then it's probably been too long. Changing the subject of CPP would be risky, yeah, but is it any more risky than just leaving this place to die slowly? Basically, as long as you can find a subject that the grand majority of your active users would like to talk about, then you should be fine. It would really just be like starting a whole new forum; only a little bit better, because you'd actually have a few faithful users at the start.

Also, if you start up some advertising concepts and the like with good prizes - odds are you could start boosting up some activity, whether the subject remains Club Penguin or changes. Everyone likes a good contest with a good prize.
~Egaro

Last edited by Egaro on March 5th 2010, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 9:33 pm

Egaro wrote:
I was on CPLH when the forums merge. To the best extent of my memory, the merge was a joint effort by the three forums to boost activity and bring more users discussing the same subject on similar forums to the same place. It wasn't to create a central "hub" with three other duplicates. Honestly, I think that if that was the case, people would put a certain preference on one of the four - and because of that, all that would really be happening here is that the users would be dispersed. It would create even less activity and probably result in a much quicker death to CPP.
~Egaro

Oh. But we only have a few people here that are active. 8000+ users don't even post...
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 9:37 pm

Chub 777 wrote:
Egaro wrote:
~Egaro

Oh. But we only have a few people here that are active. 8000+ users don't even post...

True. So it honestly wouldn't matter if you made new forums; it's probably only going to cost the people running this forum more trouble. Money for the different domains, time for the different themes for each and methods of advertising, more prizes for contest (if contests are even still going on here)...it's probably better to focus on trying to draw a new group of users onto one forum instead of three.

Also, take a look at the addition to my post above. See if any of that seems like a good take on this..
~Egaro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No new users Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users Empty

Back to top Go down

No new users
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next