Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No new users

Go down 
+4
Bronze
Hellopayton
Maria
Skyward Sam
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

No new users - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users - Page 2 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 9:46 pm

Egaro wrote:
Chub 777 wrote:
Egaro wrote:
I was on CPLH when the forums merge. To the best extent of my memory, the merge was a joint effort by the three forums to boost activity and bring more users discussing the same subject on similar forums to the same place. It wasn't to create a central "hub" with three other duplicates. Honestly, I think that if that was the case, people would put a certain preference on one of the four - and because of that, all that would really be happening here is that the users would be dispersed. It would create even less activity and probably result in a much quicker death to CPP.
~Egaro

Oh. But we only have a few people here that are active. 8000+ users don't even post...

True. So it honestly wouldn't matter if you made new forums; it's probably only going to cost the people running this forum more trouble. Money for the different domains, time for the different themes for each and methods of advertising, more prizes for contest (if contests are even still going on here)...it's probably better to focus on trying to draw a new group of users onto one forum instead of three.

Also, take a look at the addition to my post above. See if any of that seems like a good take on this..
~Egaro

Yeah, you could have good prizes for advertising, and yes, changing the topic would be risky indeed. But if we change the topic then that means a few people would "migrate" to a CP forum because CPP changed topics.

The domain would cost lots for a forum in the long-run. You do make a point. Looks like we're stuck in a "CPP-User *cough*Non-Economic*cough* Depression.
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users - Page 2 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 10:11 pm

Quote :
Yeah, you could have good prizes for
advertising, and yes, changing the topic would be risky indeed. But if
we change the topic then that means a few people would "migrate" to a
CP forum because CPP changed topics.

Yeah, it would - but it would also mean that people would "migrate" here because the new topic might interest them. It's really all just a gamble, though. There's no way to know what would happen unless you tried it out, and I think everyone's scared to take a risk like that at this point.

Quote :
The domain would cost lots
for a forum in the long-run. You do make a point. Looks like we're
stuck in a "CPP-User *cough*Non-Economic*cough* Depression.

Sadly, yeah. There are alternate methods to getting new users - the old Club Penguin advertising was a pretty good way, and so was the use of nice signatures on different forums. I don't see why either of those methods wouldn't still work now if people really put their minds to it. Which probably means contest. I would pay for an iTunes giftcard or something for it, but I'm flat broke. In any case, I hope there's someone out there who'd be generous enough to buy a prize.
~Egaro
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users - Page 2 EmptyMarch 5th 2010, 10:17 pm

Quote :

There's no way to know what would
happen unless you tried it out, and I think everyone's scared to take a
risk like that at this point.

You could make a test forum and pretend it used to be a CP forum.

Quote :
Sadly, yeah. There are alternate methods
to getting new users - the old Club Penguin advertising was a pretty
good way, and so was the use of nice signatures on different forums. I
don't see why either of those methods wouldn't still work now if people
really put their minds to it. Which probably means contest. I would pay
for an iTunes giftcard or something for it, but I'm flat broke. In any
case, I hope there's someone out there who'd be generous enough to buy
a prize.

So your saying the person with the best advertising sig would get something like an iTunes giftcard?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No new users   No new users - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No new users
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2