Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Update - 07/05/11

Go down 
+9
Mike
Thunder
Skyward Sam
Digit
Maria
Creeper
xXD34thXD3alrXx
Rifleman-Dlb
Bronze
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 6th 2011, 9:57 pm

@Dlb

There is so much wrong with everything you are saying. Honestly, I would have kicked off Big Sb months ago, but I am not that mean of a person. By what you have said about him, it seems as though you think he should be an Administrator because he can make good themes and he is more mature than the new Administrators. Since I worked with him for over a year, my opinion should be pretty credible. You may know him as a brother, but I know him as an Admin.
1. Theming: I have to admit that Sb knows his way around photoshop/illustrator and is a brilliant artist. However, that does not mean he can create a theme. A forum does not need to look anything special. People come on here to look at the conflict, not to gaze in awe at the header, the background, and the navigation. While the forum has to be pleasing to the eye overall, we don't need a recreation of the Mona Lisa. Unfortunately, Big Sb refuses to realize this. In his eyes, design is far more important than usability. Therefore, who cares if the header is so big that you have to scroll past it to get to the forum (this has happened in several themes and my monitor is 1920x1080). It's a freaking work of are and that is all that should matter! Due to all of the huge png files that go into making these themes, I have found the forum to be unusable on my older computers unless I disabled images. His themes are not even professional (this is a totally different thing than a Work of Art). Look at forums like iFans.com and minecraftforum.net. They maintain a basic look while polishing it overtime. Instead, Big Sb likes to add rushed themes to the forum every month so he designs them for that purpose. A theme should last a forum for a couple of years. If not, the forum will lose its identity. Shouldn't the forum be recognizable to a person on the forum who went inactive for a year?
I am also going to admit that I saw what Big Sb wanted to release as our new Topic's theme and I was disappointed as always. He made a nice background for it, I will admit. What ruined the theme was he took that background and used it for the header and then the navigation too. It was way too much to look at. Maria then replaced the header with something simple and professional, but Big Sb deemed it messy (Though he was the only one out of the 4 of them who disliked it. And you can say 5 if you want because I was there too..)
2. Maturity. Big Sb acts his age on the forum, which is expected. By that, I mean he is very good with the users. As an Admin though, you have to be just as respectful to your staff. That means you need to treat everyone on the team equally. During my whole Admin term, he failed to comply to this requirement and instead made his opinion the only one that mattered even when 90% of the staff wanted something else. We could eventually convince him to let us do something, but it required a lot of yelling because we were tired of being held back by him. Maria, being an admin with him for merely a few days, realized this quickly and almost gave up on the forum.

Big Sb was a distraction to me as an Administrator. I didn't just resign because of school. When I had free time to update the forum, he was in my way. I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to. Bam felt the same when she resigned shortly after I admined her. Bronze, Dirk, and Maria were smart in removing him. If they didn't, they probably would have left instead and this forum would have returned to the frozen state it was in for month. For the record, COPPA is no excuse to do nothing. Do not even get me started on that. I could right a novel on why that was a phony reason to not touch the forum Admin panel.
Back to top Go down
ParkourSAM
Digintary
Digintary
ParkourSAM

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 8:16 am

Creeper wrote:
@Dlb

There is so much wrong with everything you are saying. Honestly, I would have kicked off Big Sb months ago, but I am not that mean of a person. By what you have said about him, it seems as though you think he should be an Administrator because he can make good themes and he is more mature than the new Administrators. Since I worked with him for over a year, my opinion should be pretty credible. You may know him as a brother, but I know him as an Admin.
1. Theming: I have to admit that Sb knows his way around photoshop/illustrator and is a brilliant artist. However, that does not mean he can create a theme. A forum does not need to look anything special. People come on here to look at the conflict, not to gaze in awe at the header, the background, and the navigation. While the forum has to be pleasing to the eye overall, we don't need a recreation of the Mona Lisa. Unfortunately, Big Sb refuses to realize this. In his eyes, design is far more important than usability. Therefore, who cares if the header is so big that you have to scroll past it to get to the forum (this has happened in several themes and my monitor is 1920x1080). It's a freaking work of are and that is all that should matter! Due to all of the huge png files that go into making these themes, I have found the forum to be unusable on my older computers unless I disabled images. His themes are not even professional (this is a totally different thing than a Work of Art). Look at forums like iFans.com and minecraftforum.net. They maintain a basic look while polishing it overtime. Instead, Big Sb likes to add rushed themes to the forum every month so he designs them for that purpose. A theme should last a forum for a couple of years. If not, the forum will lose its identity. Shouldn't the forum be recognizable to a person on the forum who went inactive for a year?
I am also going to admit that I saw what Big Sb wanted to release as our new Topic's theme and I was disappointed as always. He made a nice background for it, I will admit. What ruined the theme was he took that background and used it for the header and then the navigation too. It was way too much to look at. Maria then replaced the header with something simple and professional, but Big Sb deemed it messy (Though he was the only one out of the 4 of them who disliked it. And you can say 5 if you want because I was there too..)
2. Maturity. Big Sb acts his age on the forum, which is expected. By that, I mean he is very good with the users. As an Admin though, you have to be just as respectful to your staff. That means you need to treat everyone on the team equally. During my whole Admin term, he failed to comply to this requirement and instead made his opinion the only one that mattered even when 90% of the staff wanted something else. We could eventually convince him to let us do something, but it required a lot of yelling because we were tired of being held back by him. Maria, being an admin with him for merely a few days, realized this quickly and almost gave up on the forum.

Big Sb was a distraction to me as an Administrator. I didn't just resign because of school. When I had free time to update the forum, he was in my way. I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to. Bam felt the same when she resigned shortly after I admined her. Bronze, Dirk, and Maria were smart in removing him. If they didn't, they probably would have left instead and this forum would have returned to the frozen state it was in for month. For the record, COPPA is no excuse to do nothing. Do not even get me started on that. I could right a novel on why that was a phony reason to not touch the forum Admin panel.

I completely agree. Btw, I keep forgetting who you are. What was your previous username?
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 10:22 am

He's Brian aka Tuxytron am I correct?
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 10:50 am

Dlb your just kissing up to your brother. We need some change around here anyways. I can't wait to see the updates.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 11:23 am

Thanks Brian.
Back to top Go down
Rifleman-Dlb
Vanguard
Vanguard
Rifleman-Dlb

Registration date : 2008-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 2:54 pm

Creeper wrote:
@Dlb

You just wasted time typing that...
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 3:09 pm

Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Creeper wrote:
@Dlb

If you're going to ignore perhaps the most valid argument in this thread, you're wasting your time on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Rifleman-Dlb
Vanguard
Vanguard
Rifleman-Dlb

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 3:16 pm

Colonel Sam wrote:
Stop being a faggot.

ParkourSAM wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Bronze wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Creeper wrote:
As always. We can always trust Sb to be around and give everybody in the staff forum equal power.

Better idea. Let's have Maria, Sam, Bronze sit back and watch Sb do everything right.
Sb got kicked off staff, and now, who is gonna do the GFX?

Er, the admins? It sounds sensible to me.
Who? Your GFX isn't nearly as good as Sb's....None of yours is as good as Sb's.

You know, Maria and Bronze can do the same thing as Sb or even better.

Fruit Ninja wrote:
Dlb your just kissing up to your brother. We need some change around here anyways. I can't wait to see the updates.
I lol'd at ALL of that.
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Bandit

Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 3:44 pm

Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Colonel Sam wrote:
Stop being a faggot.

ParkourSAM wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Bronze wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Creeper wrote:
As always. We can always trust Sb to be around and give everybody in the staff forum equal power.

Better idea. Let's have Maria, Sam, Bronze sit back and watch Sb do everything right.

Fruit Ninja wrote:
I lol'd at ALL of that.

You're like 7 years old. You probably don't even know what lol stands for.
Back to top Go down
Rifleman-Dlb
Vanguard
Vanguard
Rifleman-Dlb

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 5:12 pm

Fruit Ninja wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Colonel Sam wrote:
Stop being a faggot.

ParkourSAM wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Bronze wrote:
Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Creeper wrote:

Fruit Ninja wrote:
I lol'd at ALL of that.

You're like 7 years old. You probably don't even know what lol stands for.
Laugh Out Loud...
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 6:20 pm

No, it stands for lots of love. As in, "I heard Big Sb has terminal cancer, LOL."
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 11:27 pm

Rifleman-Dlb wrote:
Creeper wrote:
@Dlb

No offense, but when you stay quite about Big Sb for too long, the negative things to say about him as an Administrator really build up. That 'long' post is not even close to half of it. Also, posts of that length are actually typical on more mature forums.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 7th 2011, 11:48 pm

Guys, leave him alone. lol
It's over, apparently Sb is gone and the new admins are making a theme, no big deal. Leave it and move on.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2011, 1:10 pm

All right. Once DirkD and Bronze login, we'll begin the changes. We've waited long enough for Dark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Update - 07/05/11   Forum Update - 07/05/11 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Update - 07/05/11
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2