Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!

Go down 
+10
*I.Bros.*
xVx iMurk xVx
RR
Devious Dale
Flubby
AlterBlade
weirdal204
Mickey4741
Adsertif.
Goobenheimer
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 9:04 pm

This really stinks. I found out that I have a virus on my PC and my antivirus program is out of date.

Can somebody please help me and tell me what to do. I am posting this from my mac but my dad will kill me when he finds out a virus got on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm

Download this:
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=pop.software&cdlPid=10861654

Get rid of it, scan your comp dude, GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 9:11 pm

That will remove any existing viruses on it?

Do you know how long it takes?
Back to top Go down
Mickey4741
Paragon
Paragon
Mickey4741

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 9:13 pm

It should take anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on how many files you have. It will remove it.
Back to top Go down
weirdal204
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 22nd 2008, 9:55 pm

well this sucks i dont know how to fix it maybe if you listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GaRKDsz-Y
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 9:49 am

Did you ever hear of McAfee?I had a Trojan that I didn't even know about and it was removed so maybe it can get rid of your virus. ;)
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 10:07 am

Just download a free Scanner online. If the virus is a Trojan then I could help you with it.(I know how to get those off)

Your best bet though is to download the fastest free Scanner you can find and just sweep until the results show up.
Back to top Go down
Devious Dale
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Devious Dale

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 10:47 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
This really stinks. I found out that I have a virus on my PC and my antivirus program is out of date.

Can somebody please help me and tell me what to do. I am posting this from my mac but my dad will kill me when he finds out a virus got on the PC.

Glad it's not your Mac :face:

Lol, I can't help you, we have two PCs in the house and I never used them, my mom uses the one, and the other is my dads...I used the Macs only. :P
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 12:55 pm

Flubby wrote:
Just download a free Scanner online. If the virus is a Trojan then I could help you with it.(I know how to get those off)

Your best bet though is to download the fastest free Scanner you can find and just sweep until the results show up.

But you gotta make sure its legal. Some free scanners are illegal and carry even more viruses.

My thing expired and now my dad downloaded trend micro internet security. Its great.
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 1:28 pm

Good point RR, I guess thats the reason we're making recommendations. :roll:

I use SpySweeper, I'm not sure if its free though. I know it atleast has a free trial.
Back to top Go down
xVx iMurk xVx
Super-Human
Super-Human
xVx iMurk xVx

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 1:44 pm

Flubby wrote:

I use SpySweeper, I'm not sure if its free though. I know it atleast has a free trial.

I use SpySweeper aswell, get the version that has the virus scan too. Good luck Goob.
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 1:53 pm

Flubby wrote:

Are those rolling eyes towards me?..Sorry if I did somethin wrong. D:

Anyways, Spy Sweeper is another great one. I had that for a couple years..but it expired or something..
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 1:58 pm

No they mean I did something wrong. :face: (Not being sarcastic)

Same with me, my SpySweeper expired 2 months ago. I use Mcafee to, it usually notifies you right away when something isn't safe, its virus scan works pretty well to.
Back to top Go down
*I.Bros.*
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
*I.Bros.*

Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 2:51 pm

Kant Sbell wrote:
Flubby wrote:

I use SpySweeper aswell, get the version that has the virus scan too. Good luck Goob.

I have that too.
I have 5 viruses right now :|
I keep scanning them and they aint going away.
Just awhile Ago I had 80 some viruses.:roll:
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 11:32 pm

Yeah McaFee is good too.
Back to top Go down
xVx iMurk xVx
Super-Human
Super-Human
xVx iMurk xVx

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 23rd 2008, 11:34 pm

~RainbowTop~ wrote:
Kant Sbell wrote:
Flubby wrote:

I have that too.

Are you sure those aren't just tracking cookies? :roll:
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 4:05 am

Kant Sbell wrote:
~RainbowTop~ wrote:
Kant Sbell wrote:
Flubby wrote:

I have that too.

Are you sure those aren't just tracking cookies? :roll:
If not then what do you download to get 80 viruses? :0o
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 7:00 am

SpySweeper. Get the free trial. It is automatically on my comp and it works real well.
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 9:21 am

I used to have Norton Internet Security, where can I get it?

Goob, you last resort is formatting your computer completely, backup all the files that you are sure don't have viruses before you format your computer IF you have to

If you don't feel like doing that, SpySweeper
(costs money), the AVG antivirus program ad mentioned, Trend micro (costs money), Nod32 (great but costs money), or McAfee (costs money).
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 10:26 am

Waddle50008 wrote:

Goob, you last resort is formatting your computer completely, backup all the files that you are sure don't have viruses before you format your computer IF you have to

(costs money), the AVG antivirus program ad mentioned, Trend micro (costs money), Nod32 (great but costs money), or McAfee (costs money).
Norton is the second best rated AV program. It is the only one with a successful quarantine tool. The number one was made by a Japanesse 9 year old. Sonic Boom used his computer, it's fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 10:29 am

Actually SpySweeper has a sucsessful quarantine tool aswell, I've used it several times and it always works. ;)
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 10:48 am

What is its maximum hold?
Back to top Go down
RR
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
RR

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 24th 2008, 1:45 pm

Waddle50008 wrote:

I have the Trend Micro trial that lasts for like half a year;full version. Just go to the site..
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! EmptyJuly 25th 2008, 7:27 pm

I don't have any important files on my PC.

How do I format my computer completely?

Sorry I'm so dumb with that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!   VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

VIRUS - PLEASE HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1