Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evolution - Believe in it or not?

Go down 
+9
Rutherfordium104
Mickey4741
Dieg
KingdomDarkII
Waddle50008
2PXI
Argie
Vortex
Kool Kat
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

Registration date : 2009-04-14

Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:03 pm

Contrary to what I said before, I am posting again, just to say one thing: I still believe in evolution. I just am not debating it anymore. Others can still debate it, but I am leaving the debate. There are greener pastures out there!

Last edited by Technetium43 on April 15th 2009, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ADDING)
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:05 pm

Kay mate. You go frolick in your "green pastures".
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:19 pm

With evolution something was created out of nothing, out of that "nothing" were no thoughts or beliefs.

If evolution is true than there are no morals, rights, or way of thinking. Not one man can judge whether something is good or evil, because there is nothing perfectly good to compare anything to.

The only way would be to have a supernatural being that has neither fault or blame. If that is false than we have not "evolved" like you said, we would still be the same immoral and unjust humans deserving nothing.

Only by something perfectly good deciding to give grace instead of rightfully judging us, which should be to eternally burn.

Scientifically speaking... ;)
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:21 pm

Actually, our brains can evolve too. I'm not really sure what you are getting at there, but we can tell pain, annoyance, etc. No doubt eventually our brains evolved enough to realize that we might be granted well if we did something good. And that might've just been a religious thingy made up by someone of long ago, kind of like karma. I have no idea. But we don't need someone else to grant us right from wrong.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:27 pm

Argie wrote:
Actually, our brains can evolve too. I'm not really sure what you are getting at there, but we can tell pain, annoyance, etc. No doubt eventually our brains evolved enough to realize that we might be granted well if we did something good. And that might've just been a religious thingy made up by someone of long ago, kind of like karma. I have no idea. But we don't need someone else to grant us right from wrong.

Then what seperates good from evil?

If being bad considers you evil, then what is bad to be compared to? What is ultimately evil which everything else considered "evil" is compared to?

If evolution did create everything, then there is nothing good when you die, you just die.

That may be true, but it just goes by what you believe in. You can believe evolution or any other thing, just try and think of what you actually think is true, is there a purpose to your life or not? If evolution is true, then there's not.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:29 pm

Just because evolution is true, that does not mean purpose is not. Do not think I am athiest and treat me that way, because evolution does not mean no religion. And I am on the very verge of believing there is nothing when you die. So? What's the proof against that?
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:35 pm

Argie wrote:
Just because evolution is true, that does not mean purpose is not. Do not think I am athiest and treat me that way, because evolution does not mean no religion. And I am on the very verge of believing there is nothing when you die. So? What's the proof against that?

No, I'm not directing it towards you as though your an atheist. I'm just saying if it was all accident, then how is there purpose? That kinda of contradicts itself.

If a super-being did use evolution, instead of making it themself. Wouldn't they know that all this confusion and misunderstanding would happen? Wouldn't it be much more sensible to just do it themselves?
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:38 pm

Man, I hate Darwin. Yes, I believe in evolution. No, I don't believe it was an accident. It does contradict some things in the bible most definitely... but still, it is possible. You don't have to be full of yourself and take so much credit (That was not a directed comment, by the way). Instead, you can let things happen on their own, see the results, let people and animals learn and live and BREED- the basis of evolution. And if there was no breeding between species and no mutations than there would not be evolution. But there WAS.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:39 pm

but to say we evolved from apes? No. Because Darwins THEORY is that we evolved from apes.
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:40 pm

Actually, it said humans and apes had a common ancestor. Don't mind me. Think of this as an anonymous note.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:41 pm

Well, Darwin has been proven wrong by other SCIENTISTs. No, we didn't evolve from apes, we evolved from homo whatevers!!!
EDIT: Techtewhateverhisfaceis beat me to it but I'll post it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:42 pm

No. I don't believe we have a "common ancestor". I don't believe in evolution.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:42 pm

Well, we sure act the same, look the same, etc.
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:43 pm

He actually said we and apes had a common ancestor. He didn't say that people evolved from apes. He said people and apes evolved from a common ancestor.

Again, think of this as an anonymous note.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:45 pm

No, actually by saying we have a common ancestor, he is suggesting that we evolved from apes.
Um argie, please do not tell me i look the same as an ape. =P
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:46 pm

Why are we any different than animals then?

We shouldn't get anymore special priveledges than them? Are minds must not be any more evolved than there's. Wouldn't the creator already know that all this chaos would happen and be able to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:47 pm

We don't look EXACTLY the same, but we have a similar body shape. No wonder that "...you look like a monkey, and you act like one, too!" part of the silly happy birthday song makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:48 pm

Triton wrote:

We shouldn't get anymore special priveledges than them? Are minds must not be any more evolved than there's. Wouldn't the creator already know that all this chaos would happen and be able to fix it?

Yeah, exactly, why aren't the animals treated especially well?
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:49 pm

Technetium43 wrote:
We don't look EXACTLY the same, but we have a similar body shape. No wonder that "...you look like a monkey, and you act like one, too!" part of the silly happy birthday song makes sense.

Then why aren't we seeing sudden changes in apes turning into humans now?
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:49 pm

Kool Kat wrote:
No, actually by saying we have a common ancestor, he is suggesting that we evolved from apes.
Um argie, please do not tell me i look the same as an ape. =P
Same bone structure and stuff. Plus, we have found evidence with bones and stuff as fossils. =P

Triton wrote:

Actually, apes are pretty smart for animals, and they are the animals we are related to as evolution goes. But, I guess we used our brains differently and branched off into people with a more complex knowledge. Then, we started using it, learned more, and became the top of the food chain and the top of the... we became smarter and smarter until we began to use a form of language called body language converted into WORDS!!! And then we turned into a civilization of sorts and eventually with all this progress just kept evolving.

That was crude guesswork, I'm no scientist.
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:51 pm

You are right, though, Argie.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:51 pm

Quote :
Then why aren't we seeing sudden changes in apes turning into humans now?
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:52 pm

Then why did some apes get left behind?
And if the fossils genuinly show that WE DID evolve from apes, then why does evolution still remain a theory?
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 10:55 pm

No, no no... that isn't what I mean. Fossils genuinly show that we and apes evolved from the same species because of the fact there were fossils found of us both as the same... and then slowly two different branches seperated.
Some apes got left behind, because like everything they evolved out on a different branch of the people... and they did different things. There are always a few odd ones out, if those were the humans or the apes.

@ Triton- Evolution isn't sudden. And apes can't just change into humans-- that might not be what they will evolve into over time. We are our own species now and did not evolve from apes.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 EmptyApril 15th 2009, 11:01 pm

But just in general why isn't evolution still happening?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evolution - Believe in it or not?   Evolution - Believe in it or not? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evolution - Believe in it or not?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next