Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...

Go down 
+13
Flatfoot18
Creeper
Bandit
Tricky
Neo
Sjb
Maria
Bronze
BabyCP
Hellopayton
Triton
Skyward Sam
KingdomDarkII
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

Registration date : 2008-02-23

This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:23 pm

Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Quote :

I agree.
This forum was set up by the Admins.
They were the ones who put the time and dedication behind CPP and brought it
to where it is today. In my opinion, it is only fair that they have
control over what goes on.
If you guys (DirkD, KD, etc) want the
forum to have a revolution, start your own forum, make all the users as
Admins, change the topic every week and see how far that gets you.
I think that changing the topic should be avoided unless particularly necessary (and now is not the time).
We,
as users, should address why we want the topic changed. At the heart of
all this is Gaming, General Discussion, and Graphics. Why change the
topic name when you can serve both groups of users (under 12's and
teenagers) without having to lift a finger and change the topic?

If we were seriously dying, if Club Penguin was dead, if all the ex-CP users were teenagers, we may need to change the topic.
But the thing is, there is still demand for Club Penguin.
We
should take advantage of that and keep a CP discussion forum, while the
teenage users discuss things they want to. Therefore everybody
wins.
No, the people that made CPP what it is today were people like DB, Egaro, DirkD, and RR.
YOU and the rest of the current mods have had NOTHING to do with what CPP is today, unless by that you mean a forum full of dictators.

And for a mod, you seem to stray off-topic alot.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING THE FORUM! IT HAS TO DO WITH THE STAFF ABUSING THEIR PRIVILEGES!

Ok stop with the dictating and all that crap and give us proof of all the "accusations" that you are talking about. We've been asking in the whole thread for them...
Yessir.
If you truly cared for us and didn't just want power, you'd open the staff forum. The more you keep hidden, the more blissfully oblivious we are to what's going on in the forum. The idea that a government would HIDE stuff from it's people... Recently, a news reporter got pictures of 9/11 from helocopters after filing a report saying the government was hiding them. The US has a certain procedure for people who want information they're hiding.
This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 2unwles
There's an oldie-but-goodie. According to ex-staff member Bam and now Admin Brian, we are nothing more than posting machines. Mindless. Thoughtless. I feel as if Mr. Brian has a superiority complex. He believes that his position and the power that comes with it make him better than users.

Argie wrote:
I know it is truly overboard when people start to complain about how
you guys let the NOOBS onto the forum. That's kind of dumb, considering
you really can't do much about it. However, I read the No Protests
thread and I disagree entirely. Are you saying that us, as forumers,
are being stripped of our rights to post what we please on the forum
even when it follows all rules? Are you saying that we should entirely
lose the ability to speak out properly? I object to these rules and
believe that my fellow forumers and I have every right to state our
opinions and request a change.

I could not find the "No Protests" topic she mentioned, but I do clearly remember a rule against making protests. I, personally, would consider that very... Totalitarian. Fascist. Saying "No, you can't say that. It's wrong and you will be punished for your opinion."

Equality, my friend, will be achieved.

Triton wrote:
And have you noticed how many of the "banned" users are back? Snookims, HP, KD, Maria, BT....How can you say we're dictators when the thought of you guys coming back 2 months ago was outrageous. And don't tell me half of you don't break the rules daily and don't get infracted. Such as flaming younger users and posting inappropiate comments. And when we do infract you, the discussion of dictating and communists always comes up. If you can't take a little enforcement of the cpp rules, then hit the road and start a forum with no rules.

Also, this isn't about rules. I'm talking about abuse of power. The belief that admins and such are "better" than other users. And that also proves our point. You're saying, through removing our bans, that you don't have to follow the conventional rules set out by others because you're admins. The users might not have wanted us here, but you let us back in because you "wanted to". That, too, is dictatorship, whether it gives rights or takes them away.

Last edited by KingdomDarkII on February 16th 2010, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:25 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Quote :

I agree.
I think that changing the topic should be avoided unless particularly necessary (and now is not the time).
We,

If we were seriously dying, if Club Penguin was dead, if all the ex-CP users were teenagers, we may need to change the topic.
We
wins.
No, the people that made CPP what it is today were people like DB, Egaro, DirkD, and RR.
YOU and the rest of the current mods have had NOTHING to do with what CPP is today, unless by that you mean a forum full of dictators.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING THE FORUM! IT HAS TO DO WITH THE STAFF ABUSING THEIR PRIVILEGES!

[size="EXTRA BIG SO MY POINT GETS ACROSS EVEN BETTER"]
[/size]

Trust me dude, this whole thing interlinks. If Dirk D hadn't have criticized the Admins for holding back the changes he wanted, then this may never have started.
(That was not a quote, but a representation of what I felt he was saying)

This may be news to you, but II am not a mod. And nonetheless, you should be the one on-topic, seeing as you are the one who feels so strongly about CPP and wants power.
By the way- caps lock is old. Please turn it off, now.
Yes, perhaps the users you listed had a pivotal role in bringing the forum to where it is today, but if they had no restrictions from the Admins on what they said and did, they could have wrecked havoc on the forum. That is what usually happens when people do things for lulz.

I think I've said enough.
Can we please stop this?
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:30 pm

Cold wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Quote :

I agree.
We,

We
wins.

[size="EXTRA BIG SO MY POINT GETS ACROSS EVEN BETTER"]
Trust me dude, this whole thing interlinks. If Dirk D hadn't have criticized the Admins for holding back the changes he wanted, then this may never have started.
(That was not a quote, but a representation of what I felt he was saying)

a- I am not a mod. You should be the one on-topic, seeing as you are the one who feels so strongly about CPP and wants power. By the way- caps lock is old. Please turn it off, now.
Yes, perhaps the users you listed had a pivotal role in bringing the forum to where it is today, but if they had no restrictions from the Admins on what they said and did, they could have wrecked havoc on the forum. That is what usually happens when people do things for lulz.

I think I've said enough.
One on topic note: I have nothing against the admins.
Listen...
Sucking up won't get you a staff position. And don't deny it, it couldn't be more obvious if you hung a sign around your neck.

a-I am on topic. And I don't want power. Just equality. CAPS LOCKS IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, BRAH! And the admins should also have limits. They can, for whatever reason, ban any one of us for no reason... What can you do about it?
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:31 pm

Most of the staff that is in the staff forum are the same things that are being discussed in the forum discussion. The reason that they it is hidden is so when we think of ideas they can actually be a surprise. How do you want us to plan the 12 days of christmas, new theme, the test forum, or any contests? Would you like us to resort to pming each other and it taking 3 times as long?
Back to top Go down
Emily♥
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
Emily♥

Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:32 pm

I'm sorry but isn't this thread out of controll. It's just a big flame mess if you will. Going back and forth. It's pretty stupid to fight over this.

Anywho, on the staff part, they are actally very good to us. They don't abuse their power. The only reason you users are against the staff is probably because they banned you. You broke the rules and that's what you get. It's the same with every user. They treat us equally, they don't favor. If you don't like the way the forum is run, don't come to the forum then. When you regestiered you agree to the Terms & Conditions. So I guess that is an end to that rant.

Anyhow, I'm trying to stay netrual on this because I've only been here for a month so I really don't know that much about the forum. But, put 2 and 2 together and just leave if your not happy with the forum.

I don't want to hear that much complaining because we have it pretty good here. I just have one complaint about the staff, they let users get away with swearing where there is young users on this forum.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:33 pm

Triton wrote:
Most of the staff that is in the staff forum are the same things that are being discussed in the forum discussion. The reason that they it is hidden is so when we think of ideas they can actually be a surprise. How do you want us to plan the 12 days of christmas, new theme, the test forum, or any contests? Would you like us to resort to pming each other and it taking 3 times as long?
You act as if I don't know what's going on in there...
You're talking about users, also. Judging them. Calling them "n00bs" or "spammers" and such. You're posting things in there so you won't be persecuted by users if you posted them publicly.

Emily♥ wrote:
I'm sorry but isn't this thread out of controll. It's just a big flame mess if you will. Going back and forth. It's pretty stupid to fight over this.

Anywho, on the staff part, they are actally very good to us. They don't abuse their power. The only reason you users are against the staff is probably because they banned you. You broke the rules and that's what you get. It's the same with every user. They treat us equally, they don't favor. If you don't like the way the forum is run, don't come to the forum then. When you regestiered you agree to the Terms & Conditions. So I guess that is an end to that rant.

Anyhow, I'm trying to stay netrual on this because I've only been here for a month so I really don't know that much about the forum. But, put 2 and 2 together and just leave if your not happy with the forum.

I don't want to hear that much complaining because we have it pretty good here. I just have one complaint about the staff, they let users get away with swearing where there is young users on this forum.
You haven't been here long, have you?
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:40 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Listen...
Sucking up won't get you a staff position. And don't deny it, it couldn't be more obvious if you hung a sign around your neck.

a-I am on topic. And I don't want power. Just equality. CAPS LOCKS IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL, BRAH! And the admins should also have limits. They can, for whatever reason, ban any one of us for no reason... What can you do about it?

I love how you feel so strongly want to btch about this so much that you get on the thread before I can even sort out my post.

I don't like returning to old mistakes, but you clearly said you wanted power.
We can do nothing. We accepted the T&C and we are bound to that agreement for as long as we possess an account here. Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:41 pm

Quote :
You're talking about users, also. Judging them. Calling them "n00bs" or "spammers" and such. You're posting things in there so you won't be persecuted by users if you posted them publicly.

Yes, your exactly right you of all people would know, since you have been in there. And your a potential hacker looking to overcome the forum through a persuasive act. Oh, wait, am I not allowed to say things as well? If we're just going to splatter out random accusations throughout this whole forum I can do the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:42 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:

You sound paranoid/crazy, dude. Over an online forum too. We barely use the staff forum. It may get 3 posts a week at most. We have nothing to discuss on that matter and certainly do not.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:45 pm

DarkBoom wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:

You sound paranoid/crazy, dude. Over an online forum too. We barely use the staff forum. It may get 3 posts a week at most. We have nothing to discuss on that matter and certainly do not.
I've been there. I saw what you posted (Not you specifically) and yes. I've seen many an insult in there.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:47 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
DarkBoom wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:

I've been there. I saw what you posted (Not you specifically) and yes. I've seen many an insult in there.

Please , let us hear the comments..

Last edited by Triton on February 16th 2010, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:47 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
DarkBoom wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:

Good to know, when?
Back to top Go down
Emily♥
Forum Dweller
Forum Dweller
Emily♥

Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:49 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:

Emily♥ wrote:

You haven't been here long, have you?
If you read the post then you would know. This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 275633

As I said before I would like to stay netrual so this is my last post on the subject.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:49 pm

Triton wrote:
Quote :

Yes, your exactly right you of all people would know, since you have been in there. And your a potential hacker looking to overcome the forum through a persuasive act. Oh, wait, am I not allowed to say things as well? If we're just going to splatter out random accusations throughout this whole forum I can do the same thing.
I've never hacked something in my life and am just looking for equality.
And as far as I'm concerned, you admitted it. And fine. Call me a "hacker", a "troll", a "flamer" (Or "Flammer in Big SB's case :D), and such. But it only further proves my point. You won't be "infracted" or reprimanded for calling me a hacker or anything, yet if I did, it would be "flaming"
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:51 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

And as far as I'm concerned, you admitted it. And fine. Call me a "hacker", a "troll", a "flamer" (Or "Flammer in Big SB's case :D), and such. But it only further proves my point. You won't be "infracted" or reprimanded for calling me a hacker or anything, yet if I did, it would be "flaming"

Exactly, how do you want us to take your word if all you do is reject everyone else's? This thread hasn't been closed and won't be until you say, there's your proof.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 7:57 pm

Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

Exactly, how do you want us to take your word if all you do is reject everyone else's? This thread hasn't been closed and won't be until you say, there's your proof.

This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 Nmkjv5
Very dated. I don't usually take pics of the staff forum.
And it only hasn't been closed because I would be able to say that it proves my point.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:01 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

And it only hasn't been closed because I would be able to say that it proves my point.

I'm not the one who asked for the pics of the staff forum. I was making a general statement that we won't take your word if you won't take ours.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:03 pm

Just so we're clear... you do realize that no matter how much time you spend in this thread, this is not going to help anything at all whatsoever, right?
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:06 pm

Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

I'm not the one who asked for the pics of the staff forum. I was making a general statement that we won't take your word if you won't take ours.

The only way I'll take your word is if you and the rest of the staff make some... changes... in the forum.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:10 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

The only way I'll take your word is if you and the rest of the staff make some... changes... in the forum.

See? All you do is say changes, and when we do make changes you say, "Oh no not those changes...DICTATORS!!21212"

What changes for crying out loud?
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:10 pm

I want to try to end this. Last time I checked, the concept of a forum is not to be a government. That is not what we are trying to do here. I don't really know how the punishment is handled here because I mostly work on the technical side of the forum but I know we try to be as fair as possible. The forum has rules for a reason. To be honest, I would love to get rid of them. However, there will always be at least one person who will ruin it for the rest of the forum.
If you are on this forum to have a conversation or to take part in the updates like contests, then you are on this forum for the right reasons. If you are here to become staff or post useless topics or posts, then go because you are not wanted. The people that come on this forum for the right reasons do not want to be flamed at, they do not want to go off topic, and they certainly do not want to spam. Those who break our rules are not meant to be on this forum. Go to another forum that allows flaming (if there are any).

If you find a staff member taking his powers for granted, please post it. I know that is kind of what this thread is about but you really were not that specific. Also, we do like these threads but we dislike it when they get out of hand. They always do so learn to control yourselves.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:18 pm

Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

See? All you do is say changes, and when we do make changes you say, "Oh no not those changes...DICTATORS!!21212"

Basically, have the mods and admins elected. In order to counter voter-fraud, have it so that if they have more than 200 posts, they can vote. Also, make it so that if over 21 users want a staff member out, they will be forced to resign. Lastly, have all admins and moderators follow the forum rules and can be infracted for such.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:23 pm

KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

Basically, have the mods and admins elected. In order to counter voter-fraud, have it so that if they have more than 200 posts, they can vote. Also, make it so that if over 21 users want a staff member out, they will be forced to resign. Lastly, have all admins and moderators follow the forum rules and can be infracted for such.
I like the way that you're trying to move things into, but that won't work. How do we do anything if we do not have a concrete staff? Also, where do you expect us to get these admins? From current staff or just from random users out of the forums who get elected? We can have a mod staff done this way possibly, but not admins. Admins are here to run technical things and etc. Mods do just about the same, but admins are the ones who have to add it in the end.

Getting 21 votes on a user isn't hard, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
KingdomDarkII
Forum Legend
Forum Legend
KingdomDarkII

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:28 pm

DarkBoom wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Triton wrote:
Quote :

I like the way that you're trying to move things into, but that won't work. How do we do anything if we do not have a concrete staff? Also, where do you expect us to get these admins? From current staff or just from random users out of the forums who get elected? We can have a mod staff done this way possibly, but not admins. Admins are here to run technical things and etc. Mods do just about the same, but admins are the ones who have to add it in the end.

Getting 21 votes on a user isn't hard, I'm sure.
Fine then. Just the moderators. And 21 users with +200 posts (To stop double accounting)

This way, the users will have more freedom and will be on equal ground.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 16th 2010, 8:29 pm

Yes, I like it. Why 21 though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...   This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

This will be closed for flaming (Opinion) in about...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next