Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

Registration date : 2008-02-03

How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP Empty
PostSubject: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 9:29 pm

Brushes are really not a necessity for me,i have like 15 and most of them are default, but here we go.
GIMP:
1)Download them from here for GIMP(This can handle .ab r(Photoshop brush files too.):
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/gimpbrushes/?order=9
2)Click on the one you like, and than click the "download button to the left
3)If you have IE click the save file thing on the dialog that pops up, if you have FF, than make sure you have the "Save File" circled in(For IE, when it asks you where just replace the new file location with "Desktop"
4) Wait for it to download for Firefox, and right click on the .zip and click "Open Containing Folder" and right click on the .zip file in the folder and click Extract all or some variation of that for XP. Make sure you replace the file location to "Desktop" for Firefox
5)Once the brush file is on you desktop go to My Computer>Desktop>Your computer's name>gimp 2.4>brushes, and drag the brush files to that folder, done!

Photoshop:
1)Download them from here for Photoshop:
http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/psbrushes/
2)Click on the one you like, and than click the "download button to the left
3)If you have IE click the save file thing on the dialog that pops up,
if you have FF, than make sure you have the "Save File" circled in(For
IE, when it asks you where just replace the new file location with
"Desktop"
4) Wait for it to download for Firefox, and right click on the .zip and
click "Open Containing Folder" and right click on the .zip file in the
folder and click Extract all or some variation of that for XP. Make
sure you replace the file location to "Desktop" for Firefox
5)Once the brush file is on you desktop go to My Computer>Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop CS3>Presets>Brushes and copy it to there, done!
--------------------------------------------------

I have lots of fonts, I love having a variety, so you can pick one which complements the piece of artwork you are working on.
GIMP:
1)Pick a font you like here, have fun searching there are lots!:
http://www.dafont.com/
Click on the font you want and click the grey box that says
Download
PC/Mac OS
2)If you have IE click the save file thing on the dialog that pops up,
"Desktop"
3) Wait for it to download for Firefox, and right click on the .zip and
4)Go to My Computer>Windows>Fonts and copy the font files (either .otp or .ttf files) to that folder, done!
Photoshop:
1)Pick a font you like here, have fun searching there are lots!:
http://www.dafont.com/
Click on the font you want and click the grey box that says
Download
PC/Mac OS
2)If you have IE click the save file thing on the dialog that pops up,
"Desktop"

3) Wait for it to download for Firefox, and right click on the .zip and
4)Go to My Computer>Windows>Fonts and copy the font files (either .otp or .ttf files) to that folder, done!

Well this should help a bit, with the people who don't know much of how to add things like that to their GFX Programs.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 10:06 pm

Great tutorial! ;)
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 10:15 pm

No problem, man hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 10:36 pm

If only you had made this last year. XD
Back to top Go down
iJosh
Digintary
Digintary
iJosh

Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 10:44 pm

thanks for the tut
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 11th 2008, 11:08 pm

Nice! ;) I'll use that now.
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 19th 2008, 6:03 pm

No problem guys, glad it is helping you.
Back to top Go down
Starskie
Seeker
Seeker
Starskie

Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 19th 2008, 6:25 pm

Great, did you put you can make a folder and high light the brushes drag and drop them in the folder you made??? and have gimp find them on your desktop.
I'm not sure if you added it or not.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 19th 2008, 8:25 pm

Starskie wrote:
Great, did you put you can make a folder and high light the brushes drag and drop them in the folder you made??? and have gimp find them on your desktop.
Easier than that. Save the brushes into your GIMP and Photoshop folders. Thats what I do, saves time. :D

For fonts, I made a folder in my C drive so that it is C:\Fonts and then I just save them into that folder. After that I just add them the normal way.

Easiest way for me to add new stuff. Same for gradients, patterns, etc. They can all just be saved instantly into the folders, as long as you know the right folders. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 19th 2008, 8:33 pm

I just explained it for the people who are new to it, not any tips, if you want me to, I guess I can add them.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 19th 2008, 9:00 pm

adsertif123 wrote:
I just explained it for the people who are new to it, not any tips, if you want me to, I guess I can add them.
If that was directed towards me:

I was just saying that it is easier to add them to the folders instead of having the program search for them. Also, I was saying how I did it, no need to add it unless you want to.
Back to top Go down
Adsertif.
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Adsertif.

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP EmptyAugust 28th 2008, 8:43 pm

Tricky14 wrote:
Starskie wrote:
Easier than that. Save the brushes into your GIMP and Photoshop folders. Thats what I do, saves time. :D

For fonts, I made a folder in my C drive so that it is C:\Fonts and then I just save them into that folder. After that I just add them the normal way.

Easiest way for me to add new stuff. Same for gradients, patterns, etc. They can all just be saved instantly into the folders, as long as you know the right folders. ^_^

I'm just saying this is for the people who are new with it if they are comp wiz's than they can do that but this is for begginner, assuming they aren't comp wiz's. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP   How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP Empty

Back to top Go down

How to add brushes and fonts for Photoshop and GIMP
Page 1 of 1