Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bringing up a point I had to state at some point

Go down 
+15
iSnow
2PXI
Kool Kat
Skyward Sam
Triton
Iced8383
Mook
Tricky
BT
Chargers
Egaro
Goobenheimer
Dan
Clonewars2
Flubby
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

Registration date : 2008-05-21

Bringing up a point I had to state at some point Empty
PostSubject: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 9:39 pm

I know this could potentially cause flaming, so if you want to lock it, go ahead, I just want you all to understand.

Creating forum drama, is not the mature thing to do. For some reason though, people just think that leaving and coming back will get them attention, because people beg for them to stay, which is just them trying to be nice, which I can understand, but speak your mind people, not just the most polite thing that pops up in your head. The person leaves, still goes online but doesn't post... Then a few weeks later decides to come back.

I brought this up a few months ago, and you(The staff) said it would be a POSOTIVE infraction if someone left and came back a few weeks later, and multiple times, a ban.

Though people are still doing it, including staff members... If you don't think you can stay away from CPP, DON'T say your leaving. Just stay away from it, but don't make a thread, and if people are curious about why your inactive, well then go right ahead and tell them ''I'm trying to take a break, but I don't consider it quitting.''

Another thing that I've thought about lately, which you probobally think is crazy, and I think its a tad bit crazy myself, but it has a good point. This is directed to the staff, NO ONE ELSE, but you, as users of CPP still have your say about what you think of the staff, I'm not stopping you from talking about them, now back to the topic, look guys, you do a good job about keeping the forum clean, updated, etc. You also do a good job on getting users excited but let me compare you and MCCP.

MCCP, has one main, active admin, and thats RFS. They are a huge forum with alot of spam, but with one admin, and only a few mods, they manage to maintain a good, happy forum with alot of discussion. Us, CPP, on the other hand has FIVE admins, and don't get nearly as much spam as they do. With a total of five admins, 7 moderators, and 1 trainee. The CPP staff adds up to 13 people, and even after the mod wipe out, some mods STILL remain on the staff, which was pointed up a few days after the mod wipe out, but I'd like to bring it back to attention, it is TOTALLY unfair to Goob, RR, etc.

Yet still, you have 13 staff members, some un-needed, and I find it some what amusing that the staff members won't give up their job for the good of the forum. Imature, one word. I find it great that you all like to mod forums, and enjoy keeping everyone safe, but in my opinion, theres enough people already doing that...

I hope you actually read this, because I know it'll take a good 5 minutes, but I'm hoping for some good responses and please don't make any foolish, two word comments.

Hope you understand.

Thanks, Flubby.

EDIT: Yeah, I know, my thread title makes no sense. :P

Last edited by Flubby on January 8th 2009, 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Clonewars2
Adept
Adept
Clonewars2

Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 9:49 pm

I understand and your completely right. i had left during the summer and came back now and as you know thiers a hudge difference from being gone 3 days to being gone for 5 mounths.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 9:50 pm

I fully agree with all of it. Hey I'm a mod and that's awesome. But if I was demoted because of the amount, i would be perfectly fine.
Also, if it was up to me, staff would receive infractions. Yes its fun to full around but some do it on the forums and think they wont get an infraction. But honestly, no matter what your rank, or user name color, you should be able to receive an infraction. Member,Mod, or Trainee. I wont say admins because Ive never seen an admin break rule in the regular forums. That's my input..
See we need posts like this, it will make this forum a way better forum in my opinion.

Good post flubby.
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 9:52 pm

Thanks C0, but you deserve to say, you weren't a wiped out mod who came back, so you still have many experiences to have with the staff.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 10:04 pm

Great job getting the point across.

I really hate all these fake leavings. They are driving me crazy. I think leaving threads should just be banned all together. The only leaving threads should be if you are planning to come back.

About the staff. I do believe that it was unfair to de-mod RR and I by surprise. If they had thought we were inactive, they should have told us. I had an excuse. My computer crashed preventing me from getting on. But I'm not gonna whine about it now. I just think the staff should ask a mod why they are inactive before they de-mod them.

Thanks for getting this point across. I hope a lot of people read it.
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 10:13 pm

Your first point: The thing about these leavings and comings back is, really, that they NEVER work. Ever noticed? The only people who have successfully quit were the ones who let themselves "fade out" of the forum gradually instead of trying to make it sudden. It won't--can't--work. The only people I think I know who quit and really quit were VC and Goo Mad. DK, I would say, too, but he hasn't really quit--just is too busy for the whole deal.

We expect the staff members to be more mature about their leavings, and it usually is, though they usually do come back. And I will say that there was a VERY recent time I nearly quit, but came back, and that was probably a really immature thing to do. Nonetheless, I did it, I regret it, but there's really nothing we can do against it. For anyone. If it happens repetitively, in a generally close amount of time, we will give an infraction. But not if you just quit and come back.

Second point: I did, do, and always will agree with you there. We have a fairly large sum of staff members who really don't do as much as the others--if we cut down to six or so mods, we would probably be pretty well off, s'long as the mods chosen were the ones who did their jobs best. The biggest problem all of us have is, going back to your first point, the fact that it's hard to quit at all. You leave, try to do what's best for the forum and yourself, and wind up coming right back; it's just to hard to make that immediate jump out. I use a forum with over 40,000 members and 44 staff members. I did the math, and that's the equivalent of our forum having FIVE STAFF MEMBERS. Only five. And we could most likely do with that, in reality, as long as those five were active and truly devoted. But as it stands, we need the extra support; we really can't make ends meet when it comes to the moderation job without the backup. After all, most of us are in the range of thirteen to sixteen years old or so, whereas the forum mentioned before is moderated by people 18-50. The age difference and ability to handle responsibility really have a huge impact on how you well you can do. As it stands, I'm fairly certain that moderation would be too hard a task on a smaller group than this. Manageable, yes, but harder.

Splitting the staff members--properly--into different groups with "assigned" forums could help. In this way, we could feed in new things to the forums in smaller groups, and therefore make CPP work out better. We tried this once, but the disorganization and confusion it caused amongst us put the idea on a grinding halt. If we could reorganize that properly, we could stand a better chance of really making CPP work, interestingly. And in that way, we could also make moderation more manageable and efficient, true?

And one thing on administrators: because this is a merged forum, it's only right that we have our four main admins (Big Sb, Cj, RTL, Dark). Jazz was hired simply because of his energy and devotion to the forum--this ability to really get things done was what got him the job. We really needed that extra administrator to get important stuff done as such.

Now, anybody read all that (other than Flubby, who should, considering it's his thread :P)?
~Egaro
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 10:18 pm

I agree with the admin point, and nothing against Jazz, but if the new admin was anyone it should've been either You, iWaddle or Boom. Three of the most experienced and mature admins... Sorry if that offends you Jazz but they've been around with staff for a longer period of time, I'm not saying your not doing well with your job.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 10:57 pm

Well I think Jazz was doing fine as an admin. But other then that, I agree with this post. The fake leavings are pointless. People trying to get attention and people begging them to come back then they stay and everyone is happy. If you are gonna leave forever, then you can post about it.
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 11:23 pm

I'm still shocked by the horrible decisions of the staff on who are the mods.

Boom, iWaddle, and Egaro. Should be the only three mods.

But, the other mods (yes, almost all of you are obviously way to immature.)
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 8th 2009, 11:29 pm

lil.Drumma.Boi wrote:

No, the other mods are great. When they are immature, they are just having fun. But when it comes to modding, they are great and focused people. :)
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:19 am

Yes, RTL and CJ were removed from the admins list and had supposedly left but just like that, they are back. It is rather annoying at times, not just the staff but everyone who does this. I have actually tried leaving before, and I'm sorry that I didn't, but I just couldn't.

Yes, why do some of the staff get wiped out but then the rest of them come back? When it first happened, iWaddle and Egaro were also demodded.

If you are going to do a mod wipeout, carry on with it. Do not keep them unless they are the mod leader. You all had a good run, you all did a good job, but the one who got the mod leader job seemed more qualified to the staff and was kept. You all did a good job as moderators and still are (for those who were kept) but it is stupid idea of the ones of agreed on doing the mod wipeout. Why have a mod wipeout anyway? If something is good, don't fix it.

These mod things are starting to turn into contests it seems. Whoever seems fit the best or gives the best application is kept as a mod for a few months as a prize, and then is kicked out.

"s'long as the mods chosen were the ones who did their jobs best."
...and how come this was not thought about when doing the mod wipeout? You say you are going to take out all of the mods and you do, but then you bring most of them back. If you choose mods/users who do their jobs best, you shouldn't ever even do a mod wipeout. Being a mod is not a gift that every user should get to see at some point, being a mod is being a great user and benefiting the forums enough that you deserve to take it to the next level. Lost my train of thought... If the staff thinks that mod isn't doing there part good enough, give him/her a warning and if he/she isn't good enough by the next week or so, demod. If you want to get rid of some of them, do not call it a mod wipeout and then bring back half of them. Not saying this is what happened, just throwing out some ideas.

I want to say more but I lost my train of thought and I feel like I am repeating myself.
Back to top Go down
Mook
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:24 am

lil.Drumma.Boi wrote:

Won't take it into offence. I respect your opinion.

Flubby your right, we do have way to many staff members. We did just lose one, but I still think we do have to many. This will probably lead to us not picking a staff member for awhile--

at some points I do think I should be a mod just because we do have to many staff members.

Also about the leaving and coming back, I think this rule isn't being followed and I really thank you for noticing this.

I think I will be giving out infractions/warnings whatever the case to users that do this.

I give a personal thank you to you Flubby for posting this, it brings up a couple of the major problems we need to fix it least get a handle on. Once again thank you. :)
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:27 am

Chargers2133 wrote:
lil.Drumma.Boi wrote:

No, the other mods are great. When they are immature, they are just having fun. But when it comes to modding, they are great and focused people. :)

Amen to that!
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:36 am

Ok, I can't hold my tongue anymore.

@Mook: Once, you became mod, I thought the staff made a mistake. But you proved me wrong a little. The only thing that keeps me from believing your the right person, is your self-confidence. I really can't tell you apart from a user or staff member. Just as we have the right to voice our opinion about you guys, so do you have the right to disagree. Stick up for yourself and you got my respect.

@ Chargers: The only reason that I have a small dislike for you is that you agree with most of the staff, even if they're wrong. You need to try and think in the way you want. The only conclusion that I got of why your acting like this, is to get in good with them. Not trying to be mean, but I think I'm right.

Ugh, and for the rest of the users, you don't always have to back up what the staff says. Usually 5 of you post comments agreeing with the staff. And I know you all do this for the same reason, to get in good with the staff. I might be wrong about some of you, but for the others, I'm dead on target.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:46 am

Triton wrote:
Ok, I can't hold my tongue anymore.

@Mook: Once, you became mod, I thought the staff made a mistake. But you proved me wrong a little. The only thing that keeps me from believing your the right person, is your self-confidence. I really can't tell you apart from a user or staff member. Just as we have the right to voice our opinion about you guys, so do you have the right to disagree. Stick up for yourself and you got my respect.

@ Chargers: The only reason that I have a small dislike for you is that you agree with most of the staff, even if they're wrong. You need to try and think in the way you want. The only conclusion that I got of why your acting like this, is to get in good with them. Not trying to be mean, but I think I'm right.

Ugh, and for the rest of the users, you don't always have to back up what the staff says. Usually 5 of you post comments agreeing with the staff. And I know you all do this for the same reason, to get in good with the staff. I might be wrong about some of you, but for the others, I'm dead on target.

First off all, I don't ALWAYS agree with the staff. I don't see myself agreeing with the staff right now. Why do you think they got picked to be staff? They are usually right on these type of things. I don't want to start a flame war, but sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. I am not a moderator freak if that's what you think. I just come on this forum help people out and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 12:52 am

Whoah, chill out, buddy. It's not going to be a flame war.

I never said you always agreed with them. What I meant by that is that, more than likely you do. You might not be agreeing with them to get in good. That just might be the way I look at it.

Also, they might be picked as a staff for a reason, but that doesn't make them less prone to making mistakes.

All I'm saying is be a little bit more charger and less somone else. Sometimes all you need to do is take criticism and run with it.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 1:03 am

Yeah you said I agree with the staff even if they are wrong. I know, everyone makes mistakes. I am just saying, they know pretty much more about the forum then anyone else does. I only agree with someone if I think they are completely right. And this is one of those situations. I always be myself and don't let other people make my decisions. I'm not saying you are doing that, but that's just what I do. Because people make up fake leavings more over less. And now you see my point.
Back to top Go down
Skyward Sam
Paragon
Paragon
Skyward Sam

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 1:45 am

Goobenheimer wrote:

I really hate all these fake leavings. They are driving me crazy. I think leaving threads should just be banned all together. The only leaving threads should be if you are planning to come back.

About the staff. I do believe that it was unfair to de-mod RR and I by surprise. If they had thought we were inactive, they should have told us. I had an excuse. My computer crashed preventing me from getting on. But I'm not gonna whine about it now. I just think the staff should ask a mod why they are inactive before they de-mod them.

And Dirkd.... its like their is some cult against not remembering my name. Plus i had been a mod longer than anyone on the active staff, so maybe i should've gone anyway, just because i had stayed the longest. I guess thats how it works? But yeah, there should be 3 admins, and 5 mods.
I agree with that, when i was released from modding, to be quite frank, i was really dissapointed with the descision of not just letting go of me, but Goob and RR as well, plus i did not agree with some of the choices... the two former mods i had mentioned above had done a great job... it just didnt make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Egaro
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Egaro

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 8:30 am

Quote :
"s'long as the mods chosen were the ones who did their jobs best."
...and how come this was not thought about when doing the mod wipeout? You say you are going to take out all of the mods and you do, but then you bring most of them back.

You wanna know the truth? At least one of them bribed their way back in. It was supposed to be just a few of the old mods--me, DB, and Flubby, I believe--but then the rest were adding back because--you guessed it!--the users complained. And a couple of those who were not added back in bribed their way in again. And we wound up with an even more packed-in staff than before. We should've left it as it was--considering that now everyone's complaining that we did put them back in. Or complaining about the ones we left out. Is there, truly, no satisfactory point? No agreement that can be reached?
~Egaro
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 8:45 am

DirkD wrote:
Goobenheimer wrote:

And Dirkd.... its like their is some cult against not remembering my name. Plus i had been a mod longer than anyone on the active staff, so maybe i should've gone anyway, just because i had stayed the longest. I guess thats how it works? But yeah, there should be 3 admins, and 5 mods.
I agree with that, when i was released from modding, to be quite frank, i was really dissapointed with the descision of not just letting go of me, but Goob and RR as well, plus i did not agree with some of the choices... the two former mods i had mentioned above had done a great job... it just didnt make sense to me.

I didn't forget you. I just didn't mention you since you left.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 9:15 am

Triton wrote:

i have to agree with that.
to be honest, triton and tricky seem the only 2 people that actually speak out. and as a matter for me... nobody really cares what i write.

i seriously didn't the see the point of adding mook in, (no offence, your great and all) when you had so many mods already.
and i don't see why forum rules shouldn't apply to staff members when they break the rules too.
other than that, i have nothing to complain about.
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 10:03 am

OH
MY
GOD

COULD SOMEONE PUT ALL THIS IN A FLIPPING NOVEL CUZ YOU PEOPLE WRITE WAY TOO MUCH.
(seriously even I don't usually write this much)

I know I haven't been here long enough really to have seen these things, but it seems fairly obvious what the major problems are and have been on CPP. I won't go over them all right now, but there is a way to fix this. FIRST, don't accept ANYMORE people as staff members. SECOND, if a staff member quits, but comes back later DON'T GIVE THEM THEIR RANK BACK. That only increases the problem (not pointing at anyone in particular, it just seems every time someone leaves, someone else takes their place).

From the little sample that I've seen of CPP, it seems to be functioning well. It could use improvement, but it is definitely a well put together forum. It'll just take a little while to get all the tweaks out. Remember that this is only JUST NEARLY THE BEGINNING OF THE SECOND YEAR, so of course this forum will have had some trouble and will still have trouble seeing as it's relatively new (not counting the time before the forums merged).

I say that seeing as it's nearly the end of the first year, that everyone just try to forget all the bad, and unfair things that have happened within the past year.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 9th 2009, 5:32 pm

I don't think Kant needs to be replaced right now but it seems that some mods were just picked to bring attention to the forum. I'm not saying names but some of them didn't deserve the job at all.

Getting more mods will NOT stop any spamming problems on CPP. We need BETTER and more experienced moderators who know what they are doing.

And does anyone agree that we should just ban "I Quit" threads? Everybody will just come back. The fake leavings just make everyone mad.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 10th 2009, 5:20 am

Triton wrote:
All I'm saying is be a little bit more charger and less somone else. Sometimes all you need to do is take criticism and run with it.
You have no right to say this. He is himself. He can act however he wants. The past is the past. If there is a new "charger" then there is a new "charger". You can not classify someone in one year and keep your expectations their whole life. People change.

Quote :
You wanna know the truth? At least one of them bribed their way back in. It was supposed to be just a few of the old mods--me, DB, and Flubby, I believe--but then the rest were adding back because--you guessed it!--the users complained. And a couple of those who were not added back in bribed their way in again. And we wound up with an even more packed-in staff than before. We should've left it as it was--considering that now everyone's complaining that we did put them back in. Or complaining about the ones we left out. Is there, truly, no satisfactory point? No agreement that can be reached?
~Egaro
This is a little late news. I already knew about some of this and that is part of what makes me mad. Not sure if this is the only mod who did it or the mod that you are referring to but I remember seeing a post by iWaddle that if he was demodded them the CP Album would go with him.

Sorry, Egaro, I do not believe so. Everyone has their own wants and needs and most of the time, they can not all be fulfilled and so the win would have to go to the majority. :/
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point EmptyJanuary 10th 2009, 10:02 am

@Goob: I agree, if people are going to leave, do it in private don't make a big thread.

@Dirk: Sorry Dirk, I forgot your name, but I didn't know if you would've like me to mention it since you haven't been here in quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing up a point I had to state at some point   Bringing up a point I had to state at some point Empty

Back to top Go down

Bringing up a point I had to state at some point
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next