Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger) Empty
PostWow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

***If your young, please stop here.

Well, the other day, my friend's mom called my mom to ask me if I wanted to go to this "church thing". Since I had nothing to do Sunday night (which is tonight), I decided to go to "that church thing".

Today came, and I don't know why, but I was actually kind of excited for this "church thing". I went to my friend's house extra early to play with the few friends that were there, then we went to the church. I found out that the "chuch thing" was about abstinence (okay, this is where you will need to bring your mature self out. please, no bad comments about this). And when we walked into the auditorium, it was dressed up in dark stuff and lights, and it looked like a party of some sort. There were disco balls and lasers and.... all that good stuff.

Now, onto the real thing. At the beginning, told what the whole thing was about, and that it wouldn't be like any normal lecture about abstinence, but a fun one. And it was. At the beginning, they displayed on the screen some jokes from fake commercials that were extremely hilarious that had to do with the big, three letter "S" word. And then, like the show "Mythbusters", they started to solve some myths about dating and abstinence and the "S" word.

A bunch of people came out of the stage to do some skits. My favorite one was about Guitar Hero. The ironic part about it was that you had to infer that they were talking about the "S" word when they said "guitar hero". So for example, if someone on the stage during the skit said "let's play some guitar hero. you know, I love going up and down that neck and playing that guitar", they were really talking about that "S" word.

So all through the whole show, they did some skits and more hilarious fake commericals, but I really learned more about the way culture is moving. Many people do stuff just because they think it's cool or its the "right" thing to do. The host said it was "the way to destruction". But then there are those few people who actually do the right thing. They are the ones that break away from that path to destruction and go the other way. The other way to life.

I don't know why, but those words just tagged onto me like a tick. I promise you that I was a different person when I went in than when I came out.

I'm sorry if this is to revealing or if this offends someone of a different religion, but I just felt like I knew God was with me at that very point and that He would help me keep my abstinence until I get married and I'm sure I would give that great gift to someone.

And yes people, that "S" word is a gift. Those experts who did the show led us to believe that "s" is GREAT. They even made us yell all of that out, the whole word too because staying abstinent is the greatest gift you can give to someone because they know they've waited all their life to give it to you.

I know I sound like some icky person that is just posting this for no reason, but those people up there really reached out and grasped everyone's attention with their words. I was one of those people who got their attention taken away by those people. And I believe every word they said. They even gave away free Bibles that are built to be used for a teen, and I'll be honest... I really like it! I've never believed in something other than now so greatly.

So yeah, that was my day. Once again, I apologize if I offended other people of different religions. I just really had a great day.

Comment or talk to me on AIM if you want to know more about it.

AIM- JazzDawg22

-P.S. The name of the program was called "The Silver Ring Thing". I'll explain what it means if you talk to me on aim.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger) :: Comments

I'm glad you enjoyed your "S" education, mines was terrible....just horrible. They didn't convince anyone.
Okay... that works. O.o

Kinda wacky.
Ha the most education we get is WAIT training.

W-Why
A-Am
I-I
T-Tempted
smileygurl wrote:

W-Why
A-Am
I-I
T-Tempted

Yeah, they said the word "wait" only a million times during the show. XD
[quote="Addy"][quote="Addy"]
JazzDawg wrote:
smileygurl wrote:

W-Why
A-Am
I-I
T-Tempted

Yeah, they said the word "wait" only a million times during the show. XD

it's a religious thing more than a rule once you think about it.
See church isn't a Old people thing. :P

What you were talking about sounds just like my youth group. It's church, but on energy drinks. The music is contemporary and the preaching is awesome.
Triton wrote:
See church isn't a Old people thing. :P

What you were talking about sounds just like my youth group. It's church, but on energy drinks. The music is contemporary and the preaching is awesome.

Yeah, but it wasn't any ordinary thing. It was this group that travels around the US on a tour every year and they do special performances and skits and stuff, but incorporated with believing in God. It was extremely fun and interesting.

I mean like, the jokes they did would be considered inappropriate if it weren't in that show.
I always here about the 'S' word everyday in school so I'm glad you enjoyed hearing it. :P
I saw a video of to club penguin penguins doing "S". The boy was like "THIS FEELS SOOOOOOOO GOOD." and stuff like that. 8X
IDK if I agree on waiting till marriage... I think you should wait until you find someone you love, not marriage.
Mickey4741 wrote:
IDK if I agree on waiting till marriage... I think you should wait until you find someone you love, not marriage.

Not arguing with you, just debating, but when you get married, you agree to stay committed to each other through everything bad and good. When you find someone you love, you sometimes go a bit too far, and what if all that happens and you guys can't get along? Then you are stuck in a very messy situation...
Well, if you were in love, you would think about stuff like that. That could happened when you're married, too, though. I think people should wait until the time is right, not when someone tells you to wait until. They should be the judge of when they do it, whether its a bad judgement or not.
No comments. :P
JazzDawg wrote:
Mickey4741 wrote:

Not arguing with you, just debating, but when you get married, you agree to stay committed to each other through everything bad and good. When you find someone you love, you sometimes go a bit too far, and what if all that happens and you guys can't get along? Then you are stuck in a very messy situation...
Do you know how many people have sex before they are married? It is not like when you are married you are required to be with eachother forever. In fact, I really would not want to wait till marriage. Not when I'm a teen, but really, marriage seems like a pretty pointless landmark to me. It just makes it harder to break up... all those divorce papers and stuff are so much more work than "Okay, I'm done!".
OMG you actually said the S word!! 8o
Argie wrote:
JazzDawg wrote:
Mickey4741 wrote:

It just makes it harder to break up... all those divorce papers and stuff are so much more work than "Okay, I'm done!".

Exactly. I never said that one HAS to be with someone forever, but it is hard to get a divorce these days.

Guys, I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but this is meant to be a blog, not a debate. If you'd like to debate, make a topic in the debate section. I don't want this blog to be a debate; I just wanted to know what you guys thought about my day. That's all.
JazzDawg wrote:
Mickey4741 wrote:

I agree with you completely. That is why I'm waiting until marriage. Still looking for a promise ring...
our heath teacher said i don't care what you do but you'll pay for your mistakes later he talked about why it was bad too but that was pretty much his message.
babyCP wrote:
OMGZ I SAW IT TOO! :omg:
SHE SAID IT!
rockergurl7 wrote:
JazzDawg wrote:
Mickey4741 wrote:

I agree with you completely. That is why I'm waiting until marriage. Still looking for a promise ring...

I want to get a promise ring too. I'll have to look for a place where they sell them.
Anyway I can't stop laughing at the Guitar Hero part.

Chilleh88 wrote:
babyCP wrote:
SHE SAID IT!
Okay...

Last edited by Argie on March 24th 2009, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Promise rings = stupid.
Mickey4741 wrote:
Promise rings = stupid.

Thanks for not reading what I said about "it's just my blog... i don't want to turn this into a debate."

It's your opinion about abstinence rings.
Chilleh88 wrote:
babyCP wrote:
SHE SAID IT!

Im going to wait to have it till I'm older.

And yea, the Guitar Hero part is funny.

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next