Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger) - Page 2 Empty
PostWow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

***If your young, please stop here.

Well, the other day, my friend's mom called my mom to ask me if I wanted to go to this "church thing". Since I had nothing to do Sunday night (which is tonight), I decided to go to "that church thing".

Today came, and I don't know why, but I was actually kind of excited for this "church thing". I went to my friend's house extra early to play with the few friends that were there, then we went to the church. I found out that the "chuch thing" was about abstinence (okay, this is where you will need to bring your mature self out. please, no bad comments about this). And when we walked into the auditorium, it was dressed up in dark stuff and lights, and it looked like a party of some sort. There were disco balls and lasers and.... all that good stuff.

Now, onto the real thing. At the beginning, told what the whole thing was about, and that it wouldn't be like any normal lecture about abstinence, but a fun one. And it was. At the beginning, they displayed on the screen some jokes from fake commercials that were extremely hilarious that had to do with the big, three letter "S" word. And then, like the show "Mythbusters", they started to solve some myths about dating and abstinence and the "S" word.

A bunch of people came out of the stage to do some skits. My favorite one was about Guitar Hero. The ironic part about it was that you had to infer that they were talking about the "S" word when they said "guitar hero". So for example, if someone on the stage during the skit said "let's play some guitar hero. you know, I love going up and down that neck and playing that guitar", they were really talking about that "S" word.

So all through the whole show, they did some skits and more hilarious fake commericals, but I really learned more about the way culture is moving. Many people do stuff just because they think it's cool or its the "right" thing to do. The host said it was "the way to destruction". But then there are those few people who actually do the right thing. They are the ones that break away from that path to destruction and go the other way. The other way to life.

I don't know why, but those words just tagged onto me like a tick. I promise you that I was a different person when I went in than when I came out.

I'm sorry if this is to revealing or if this offends someone of a different religion, but I just felt like I knew God was with me at that very point and that He would help me keep my abstinence until I get married and I'm sure I would give that great gift to someone.

And yes people, that "S" word is a gift. Those experts who did the show led us to believe that "s" is GREAT. They even made us yell all of that out, the whole word too because staying abstinent is the greatest gift you can give to someone because they know they've waited all their life to give it to you.

I know I sound like some icky person that is just posting this for no reason, but those people up there really reached out and grasped everyone's attention with their words. I was one of those people who got their attention taken away by those people. And I believe every word they said. They even gave away free Bibles that are built to be used for a teen, and I'll be honest... I really like it! I've never believed in something other than now so greatly.

So yeah, that was my day. Once again, I apologize if I offended other people of different religions. I just really had a great day.

Comment or talk to me on AIM if you want to know more about it.

AIM- JazzDawg22

-P.S. The name of the program was called "The Silver Ring Thing". I'll explain what it means if you talk to me on aim.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger) :: Comments

babyCP wrote:
OMG you actually said the S word!! 8o

It's not that much of a deal you know. It's not like it's a bad word, a racist comment, or anything.

Too many people have it nowadays.

Even look at these people having it so young:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AniLyX10lq533OfI8ZGvjgUjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080630200004AAVOm2p

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AoGOn47cSV..6n6rLrn7SOMjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20080904002921AAbeLED
Well, the second link waasnt her fault, she was raped. It's not like she chose to.
smileygurl wrote:
Well, the second link waasnt her fault, she was raped. It's not like she chose to.

Oh, I didn't bother to read them. :face:

You still get the point though. The guy wanted to have it.
:omg: You know thats just sick what you just posted there IWaddle and its sad...the secound link in it wasnt the girls fault...

And JazzDawg, They made you scream the the "S" Word was Great? What kind of teaching lesson is that? Im sorry but this kind of talk is to be done by the parents teaching. Sorry for you bro :unsure:
Kakaromango wrote:
:omg: You know thats just sick what you just posted there IWaddle and its sad...the secound link in it wasnt the girls fault...

And JazzDawg, They made you scream the the "S" Word was Great? What kind of teaching lesson is that? Im sorry but this kind of talk is to be done by the parents teaching. Sorry for you bro :unsure:
O o That's what i was thinking,
They made everyone there scream it?
Ya thats just sick dude
Well, if you are mature enough to handle it, it's actually correct.

The Church teaches that it is good. And kids think that it's actually not. They actually taught us that it actually is a good thing. Without it, life would not be renewed.

-----

This is also exactly what I was talking about. If you aren't going to be mature about this, then don't look at it. It's as simple as that.
I'm okay with the ''S'' Word.
Did you shout it out? LOL.
Nah. I just said it. LOL.
The church brainwashes you guys. O.o

Just cause it is the only method of reproduction doesn't mean you have to shout it.
Argie wrote:
The church brainwashes you guys. O.o

Just cause it is the only method of reproduction doesn't mean you have to shout it.

First off, it wasn't my church's fault; it was a traveling group that came in.

Also, you guys don't even really know why we had to say it. You guys are just thinking that we had to say it randomly. There was a reason we said it, but I really don't feel like going into details because of all the rude comments about this. Like I said before, if you can't be mature, don't look at the thread.
We are being mature enough not to go shouting OMG OMG OMG U SIAD DA S WORD!!!

I'm just wondering why you would have to shout it. It seems like a large twist on abstinence.
Argie wrote:
We are being mature enough not to go shouting OMG OMG OMG U SIAD DA S WORD!!!

I'm just wondering why you would have to shout it.

They did the whole show, and they convinced us that it IS good because without it, life can't go on, and many other reasons. You just have to be responsible about it. They made us say it in unison so that we aren't afraid to say the word and so that we know that it isn't always a bad thing.

Okay, not exactly scream it, but say it in unison, so it sounded loud.
It is good. Very good.

Just wondering... I get the point now.
They should let people make their OWN decisions not have kids shout "ABSTINENCE! ABSTINENCE!" while thats not really the right way to go in this modern world.
Mickey4741 wrote:
They should let people make their OWN decisions not have kids shout "ABSTINENCE! ABSTINENCE!" while thats not really the right way to go in this modern world.
Actually they shouted "SEX! SEX!" not "ABSTINENCE! ABSTINENCE!".

They wanted to get the message across that sex was a good thing, not a bad thing... 'cept they made it seem as if it was all about pregnancy, apparently, because now nobody wants to have it before marriage.
Oh. And what is really so bad about having a baby before marriage? My cousin had a baby at 21 I think, she wasn't married, and she and her boyfriend are still together and still love each other.
Mickey4741 wrote:
Oh. And what is really so bad about having a baby before marriage? My cousin had a baby at 21 I think, she wasn't married, and she and her boyfriend are still together and still love each other.
Yeah there is nothing bad... but I think they are referring to more of the teen thing, which is your choice completely but stupid. I think we are referring to much older people here. People who are 20-30-40 and stuff.
A 18 or 19 year old could be perfectly happy too, depending on the situation. It's just that they only show the bad cases.
Depending on who they were and how they lived, yes, I guess they could be happy. But if they are planning to go to college or something I wouldn't.
Mickey4741 wrote:

Like I said, this was a program for TEENS.... Ugh. I said TEENS shouldn't do it. That's what the whole show was about... Encouraging TEENS to make the right choices.
Well ok but im just saying the making you shout it if you dont want to but you have is just wrong.
I think teens shouldn't have babies.

But if they use protection whats wrong? As long as theyre 16+ and its legal.
Kakaromango wrote:
Well ok but im just saying the making you shout it if you dont want to but you have is just wrong.

They never made us shout anything out. Jeez.

Mickey4741 wrote:
I think teens shouldn't have babies.

But if they use protection whats wrong? As long as theyre 16+ and its legal.

I know. Like I said, it was a program for TEENS. I never said having a baby when your older is wrong and you aren't married, but it is when you are a younger teenager.
I agree teens shouldn't have BABIES. But "that" is a different thing.

Wow, I feel greatly changed. (Please be careful reading this if you are younger)

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next