Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need for you all to read this...

Go down 
+34
ScooterMeow
Flatfoot18
Clonewars2
XdBoYxD
Yoda.
Cardinal55
Skyward Sam
Argie
Triton
KingdomDarkII
Ace
Starfish456
Bandit
Rudolph
Drivr3joe
Bam
Ally687
pufflegirlN
Sprtygrlbabs
ClubpenginRox
Cycle22
iSnow
roflboom
Thunder
Donkey
BabyCP
stevenF50
FlyingKanga
Mikki
Brennan
Dan
iCool
JazzDawg
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

I need for you all to read this... Empty
PostSubject: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:19 pm

Okay, I know CPP has been a bit sketchy for the past...meh 5 months or so, is that right? Okay, well now I'm making this post that is directed to everyone, the users, the mods, and even the admins. To the users, this post was not something that we thought of in the staff forum. This is something coming from my own brain, my own words. Now listen very carefully to what I have to say.

Even though I am an admin who tries to take care of this site very well in a fashionable way, obviously it's not working exactly as it should. The staff has had a few embarassing moments that just degraded us all. We've had it all: the spamming, noobs, hackers, bots, and just plain weird people. And we are still surviving...by a few threads now. Just about a year ago, we were a flowing ribbon, flawless, original, creative. That ribbon is now ripped apart, with just a few threads to keep it together. Could there be a person who could sow the ribbon together, or will the ribbon fall apart and never be reunited with the other half of itself again?

I intend to sow the ribbon up. Now here are a few propositions.

Imagine...imagine a place without infractions. No one would fight, argue, hack, spam, etc. Do you think that maybe if you all prove to me you are part of the same family, the same group of people on CPP, that maybe those infractions will begone? Even though this one is the hardest to achieve, I know you guys have a shot at this.

Another proposition. What if I made a sort of "game" where if I see you do something positive, I will give you a ticket, which in turn could be put into a lottery where you have a chance to win a prize? The way it would work is you could put in however many tickets you want to strengthen your chance to win, as long as you have the tickets for it. Then I will randomly pick a name, and whoever's name I pick will receive a CP membership, or something along the lines of that. How does that sound?

ANOTHER proposition. Bringing back Who Wants to Be a Millionaire or another show like 1 vs 100 onto CPP to win coins.

I am still thinking of more ways to improve this site, but do you think that you guys can pull yourselves together and forget about your differences? I know this may all seem like a big huge bribe I am trying to make, but I honestly want all of you to accept each other for who other people are. Just because someone thinks different from you doesn't mean that they are wrong or bad. It just means they are not the same person as you are. Now just think about it and put a response here. Remember my three propositions, plus more to come.

And please...let's try to start the anti-flaming campaign now.
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:25 pm

Nice speech Jazz i will help this forum stay alive you can count on me :face:
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:28 pm

See, this is why I made my "Slackin" thread. To see if the Admin/s would come forward instead of sitting back and just letting it go in one ear, and out the other. Like I tend to do a bit in school. Anyway, I'm proud of you Jazz. Stepping up when the times right.
There we go, good quality posts from our admins trying to step it up. :D
I like the first one. But I'm not sure we could all handle ourselves.
Also, the third one sounds exciting too. :)
-Dan
Back to top Go down
JazzDawg
Vanguard
Vanguard
JazzDawg

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:32 pm

Happy Dance!

Yes, we need to see if we can handle ourselves for that first one. But it definitely could be done. It's all a matter of teamwork.
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:33 pm

Agreed we need to love each other NOT just be nice
Back to top Go down
Brennan
Exemplar
Exemplar
Brennan

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:36 pm

that was a nice metaphor with the ribbon. :brennan888:
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:38 pm

We need to stitch that ribbon! What's Gonna Work Team Work!!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:39 pm

JazzDawg wrote:
Happy Dance!

Yes, we need to see if we can handle ourselves for that first one. But it definitely could be done. It's all a matter of teamwork.

Oh, no doubt we can handle ourselves. We all have part one, "Potential" but can we do the second step and pull through.
We shall see.
-Dan

P.S.
Skills we need to improve:
-Grammer.
-Quality of posts.
-Overall Kindness
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:40 pm

Agreed I love agreeing
Back to top Go down
Mikki
Exemplar
Exemplar
Mikki

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:48 pm

I agree with you, but theres a lot of threads like these and they never seem to work out.

Hopefuly this one will.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 28th 2009, 11:53 pm

Unlike iCool, I disagree(XD), this is a very good motivator. Lets try the first one first. :)
We could even do multiple if we acihieve the first one. Then we can do games and such. It could be an "incentive" or whatever.
:P
-Dan
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 12:10 am

we need every one to see this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 12:14 am

Danâ„¢ wrote:
JazzDawg wrote:
Happy Dance!

P.S.
Skills we need to improve:
-Grammer.
-Quality of posts.
-Overall Kindness

It's spelled grammar. :veryhappy:
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 2:11 am

We'll try to be good.
But there is no need for any paid for prizes.
Back to top Go down
stevenF50
Super-Human
Super-Human
stevenF50

Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 5:49 am

Quote :
Another proposition. What if I made a sort of "game" where if I see you do something positive, I will give you a ticket, which in turn could be put into a lottery where you have a chance to win a prize? The way it would work is you could put in however many tickets you want to strengthen your chance to win, as long as you have the tickets for it. Then I will randomly pick a name, and whoever's name I pick will receive a CP membership, or something along the lines of that. How does that sound?

ANOTHER proposition. Bringing back Who Wants to Be a Millionaire or another show like 1 vs 100 onto CPP to win coins.

I like those ones but not the other because removing infractions would meen more spammers and everyone would double post and flame
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 6:07 am

Jazz, I'm proud of you, for letting that all out. Happy Dance!

I know their were alot of times, were I had arguments with people or did some bad things, but that's put away to the side now. And I'll try an do my best. Sometimes, I get a little angry and forget that I am a moderator on this forum. So, I'll help and I'll make things better this time. (:

~:babycp:
Back to top Go down
Donkey
Sidekick
Sidekick
Donkey

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 6:22 am

I cannot do the first one because I hate 99% of people on this forum :)
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 10:13 am

Jazz, great speech. I want this forum to survive past my 12th birthday, so that may help it.
Back to top Go down
roflboom
Mercenary
Mercenary
roflboom

Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 10:18 am

That would be great jazz. I like the prize part. The prize could be something like 1000 coins aswell :)
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 10:41 am

I put my hat down to you, Jazz. tricky

Excellent speech. I agree. Where is the blue ribbon CPP once was? Ripped? From what? Little walrus attacks, hah. If that's the reason, why is CPP still on it's feet? I know some of you, (Donkey, smileygurl...) read Jazz's post, and probably mine, and say: "HAHAHAAHAHAHA!" Nothing funny here, you just sit on here, for no reason actually. Except that the flaming for you is fun. Well, CPP is a kids forum, deal with it. If you want some teen stuff, simply go to ExtremeTeens forum, in Donkey's signature. Just leave the kids here, (I'm not un-counting me) alone. Those who even have a bit of respect for us, are more than welcome to stay. CPP was created from three forums, Club Penguin Treo, Club Penguin Lighthouse and Penguin Club.
All have the word Club Penguin or Penguin in it. And what is Club Penguin? A bully-kids site? No, it's a game for every age. So, if you don't accept the fact that this is a kids forum, please leave then.

Best regards,
iElmo
Back to top Go down
Donkey
Sidekick
Sidekick
Donkey

Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 11:26 am

Thats lovely but a forum without punishments (infractions) must fail. There is no way in Heck.
Back to top Go down
FlyingKanga
Super-Human
Super-Human
FlyingKanga

Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 11:31 am

Then we'll have to kick those people out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 12:33 pm

Donkey wrote:
I cannot do the first one because I hate 99% of people on this forum :)

Well, I love you.

Nice post Jazz.
Back to top Go down
Cycle22
Pinnacle of Survival
Pinnacle of Survival
Cycle22

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 2:10 pm

I like this idea. I have been on many forums without infractions and they have worked out great. The only thing is that getting banned is easier since there isn't a system of warnings. Not sure what will be done about this but hopefully this will all work. Apart from this, I think all the other ideas will go nicely and help make the forum what it once was :)
Back to top Go down
ClubpenginRox
Drifter
Drifter
ClubpenginRox

Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... EmptyAugust 29th 2009, 2:19 pm

Yes not the hackable type,Or no Flaming,Or hacking,or spamming this is uncalled for we made this forum for 1# Reason,is to get along with everyone and have a good share of 99% of the forums.,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need for you all to read this...   I need for you all to read this... Empty

Back to top Go down

I need for you all to read this...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next