Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lame People

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Lame People Empty
PostLame People

Quote :
mm yeah.. so... let me see... 15 i guess. I think your a bit like me... Older than your age by mind. Yet there's that kid inside you. Your not totally intelligent in terms of mathematics and that crap but you intelligent in terms of common sense. something a lot of people lack nowadays. Wow.. i sound like a loser tellign the results of a quiz or something

Quote :
Yeah it is lame. Its just how the mind works i guess. We're like that. It's all in our mind. :) I'm not sitting here smiling while im writing this, yet there's always :) or :D signs in my messages. Why? Because thats just how we are when we're speaking online. Its lame right? That we express emotions through the internet that just seem... what? fake? even though they're there somewhere.
Sometiems i feel like a total loser coming here. But i still come? Its weird right?

Quote :
Not really my post, but ----'s and --------'s. In RL, would you and your friends care to argue (or talk) about how the Payton Bice smiley should be used? It's just... lame. Another thing, when you use the (broken) smileys/emotions on here, are you really like that or is it just your mind? I rarely know of a time when I've said lol and have really been laughing out loud. When I use 😢 , I'm not really crying. When I use :oops: , I'm not really embarassed. It is how my mind feels and thinks, but it relates to nothing about myself.

Quote :
I come to CPP to basically have power and put a say in on things. I try to improve the forums that I go to, whether or not that I am doing so. I don't care much about talking to many people online. Another reason why I don't have AIM and such. I suppose you're an exception. ;)

Quote :
good to hear ur life is good :P ... cool... so what? u have an online life or something? do you talk a lot to randoms? or ha ve you already told me this. i cant remember. ... life should be enjoyed though..... you know, its really not THAT long, and we should make the most of it.... with no regrets.

Quote :
It's ok, but I can't complain. No, kind of, maybe. No, it's normally the same people. If I get to know someone somehow, then they become apart of that circle of people. I don't care to go up to someone in... CP for example, and start talking. Never have, never will. >_> Yes. There was this old quote or advise which I had heard somewhere and really liked. It was something like... "If you aren't having fun, then why are you doing it?" Basically just saying that you shouldn't do things that you don't want to do, since life is only so long.

Quote :
Anyways, I had a few people offer me space on their own servers to host the game off of. :D

Quote :
Yes, I'm burning from this. We must stop! :o
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Lame People :: Comments

KingdomDarkII
Re: Lame People
Post November 11th 2009, 10:58 pm by KingdomDarkII
Would be easier to read if we knew who was making the quotes.

Other than that, no comment.
Tricky
Post November 11th 2009, 11:05 pm by Tricky
KingdomDarkII wrote:

Leaking = no. 😢
KingdomDarkII
Post November 11th 2009, 11:08 pm by KingdomDarkII
Hidden wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:

Leaking = no. 😢

Well, what is the point if we don't know which one you are?

Just put the other one as "Anon" or something.
Post November 11th 2009, 11:25 pm by BT
And...?
KingdomDarkII
Post November 11th 2009, 11:29 pm by KingdomDarkII
This is a conversation with you and Mr.DirkD, I believe.

Or possibly Mr.Jazzdawg.
Tricky
Post November 11th 2009, 11:42 pm by Tricky
KingdomDarkII wrote:
Hidden wrote:
KingdomDarkII wrote:

Leaking = no. 😢

Well, what is the point if we don't know which one you are?

Just put the other one as "Anon" or something.
They aren't all mine. Only like... 2 or possibly 3. Anyway, the title isn't meant to say that we (those typing these quotes) are lame (even though we are :p), but yet that the idea is lame.

The title is referring to the 2nd and 3rd quotes, mainly. I find it lame how people on the internet like to use smileys and such to say things. Especially saying things like how the Payton Bice smiley should result in a ban if missused. It's just stupid, IMO. However, that is how people go about their day. They put themselves in a state of happiness to which they are enjoying themselves. Whether or not that that is physically enjoyed. When you type lol or :) or whatever, are you really doing those things? If you think about it, probably not. I rarely find myself actually laughing when I type lol.

Smileys such as embarassed. How can you be embarassed in front of a computer screen, talking to someone who you don't know and probably never will. You type it, because you are thinking it or mentally feeling it. Yet, it is not there.

I also point this towards the Random forum. Most of the stuff in there is just... fake.

I find it funny and lame. It's almost as if people come to the internet as a way of life, to escape that outside world. What will this ever do for you?

I'm not trying to run people off and tell them that they should go back into their real lifes and forget about this, but I am saying that you might want to think about what you say (type :/) before you do so next time. Just to see how you can easily rip apart the basics. When you are happy, why would you want to try and ruin it? If you can accept the answers that you will be given when you look deep inside, then you might want to chance it sometime.

Quote :
after the conversation we had last night, i got thinking a lot.
KingdomDarkII
Post November 11th 2009, 11:51 pm by KingdomDarkII
This site is pointless.

A needless addiction.
If I needed YOU to tell me that, THEN I'd need to realize how bad it is and leave.

Ever hear the song Hotel California?
You can check out any time,
but you can never leave.
AlterBlade
Post November 12th 2009, 12:40 am by AlterBlade
I would not say pointless, my friend. It still has a purpose, but it may be losing life...
Kool Kat
Post November 12th 2009, 5:06 am by Kool Kat
Chao wrote:
I would not say pointless, my friend. It still has a purpose, but it may be losing life...

Hang on, what are you talking about there? real life or the internet?

Anyway. I can see where these two people are coming from. In fact i totally agree. Which one you are, well i won't bother guessing cause im not bothered. But....- i was going to say something. but i forgot.

Question: Why DO we come here then? Or better, for individual, why do YOU come here? Not just you tricky, but everyone in general.
.Kira
Post November 12th 2009, 11:45 am by .Kira
if I may give my opinion, I don't think that you can just tell what to type and what not to type. If people want to be lame and fake it's their issue. You didn't have to make a whole thread about. We all have our reasons for coming. Maybe we are trying to escape reality, but who really cares. I am an individual who needs to get away for a few minutes so, I can escape my problems for a bit. it's not just internet it's everywhere. the world is surrounded by distractions so, don't assume we're all pathetic losers just because our form of distraction is different.
Maria
Post November 12th 2009, 12:16 pm by Maria
Some of us come here because they're too lazy to get up and have a face-to-face conversation with anyone they know, it's too much of a hassle for most people these days. Others come here looking for advice, which is ridiculously hilarious seeing that this is a forum filled with mostly immature kids and angsty teenagers. Some of us view this forum as a toy, something they can use to amuse themselves with. Kind of like a circus, members being the clowns and BT being the ringmaster. (Payton Bice) Some just like wasting their time here for no apparent reason, although it's highly likely that people come here to find and interact with individuals that share the same interests and hobbies with them, I guess you could add most of the userbase to this category.

Online interaction allows you to say things you'd probably never say in reality, taking that in consideration makes forums a place to vent off anger without facing serious consequences.

But again, the same question can be applied to every other aspect of our daily lives. Why are we so eager to make new friends? To make our miserable lives more bearable. Why do we go to kindergarten? To go to elementary school. Why do we go to elementary school? To go to middle school. Why do we go to middle school? To go to high school. Why do we go to high school? To go to college. Why do we go to college? To make sure we have a higher chance at being employed. Why do we get jobs? To have enough money to spend on attracting a mate, get married, have kids and use that money to support their education. It's a never-ending cycle. if you think about it, our whole lives are as meaningless and pointless as going on forums like these.

I don't really understand those quotes, they seem to have been taken out of context. I do, however, absolutely love this one:

Quote :
I come to CPP to basically have power and put a say in on things. I try
to improve the forums that I go to, whether or not that I am doing so.
I don't care much about talking to many people online. Another reason
why I don't have AIM and such. I suppose you're an exception. ;)

I'm guessing that's Hidden. I'm 100% sure at least one of those is made by Dan, too. Actually, I think this whole conversation is between Tricky and Dan.
.Kira
Post November 12th 2009, 4:44 pm by .Kira
Life in itself is filled with many problems that make it difficult. I hate to admit to but, those problems balance us. Without problems the world would be boring ; we'd all be happy freaks. I know poverty is a huge issue but, these obstacles create traits that we never we had.
Tricky
Post November 12th 2009, 7:20 pm by Tricky
Kool Kat wrote:

Question: Why DO we come here then? Or better, for individual, why do YOU come here? Not just you tricky, but everyone in general.
For myself, I have nothing better to do. I live near none of my friends and have no way to get to most of them. If I had, I probably wouldn't even be here now. I was going to say this earlier, but I forgot to include it in my post and so... yeah.

Do as you wish, but this is what I think.

Lily wrote:
if I may give my opinion, I don't think that you can just tell what to type and what not to type. If people want to be lame and fake it's their issue. You didn't have to make a whole thread about. We all have our reasons for coming. Maybe we are trying to escape reality, but who really cares. I am an individual who needs to get away for a few minutes so, I can escape my problems for a bit. it's not just internet it's everywhere. the world is surrounded by distractions so, don't assume we're all pathetic losers just because our form of distraction is different.
Type whatever you want, I'm not telling you what to do. It's my own opinion on this however, I can make the thread if I want. ;) Plus, this is a recent discussion. From like the last few days. I put it in here as a blog because it made me wonder and I've been thinking about posting this for a while. It's not that you come here, it's what you do here that I'm more concerned of. Where I live and how I've grown up, everyone around here would probably consider it stupid and nerdy. Like that :brothers : thread. It's called the Awesome smiley, ...I think, but who really cares? Posting a thread saying that users should be banned for missusing it, is just... _______.

Sovereign wrote:
Some of us come here because they're too lazy to get up and have a face-to-face conversation with anyone they know, it's too much of a hassle for most people these days. Others come here looking for advice, which is ridiculously hilarious seeing that this is a forum filled with mostly immature kids and angsty teenagers. Some of us view this forum as a toy, something they can use to amuse themselves with. Kind of like a circus, members being the clowns and BT being the ringmaster. (Payton Bice) Some just like wasting their time here for no apparent reason, although it's highly likely that people come here to find and interact with individuals that share the same interests and hobbies with them, I guess you could add most of the userbase to this category.

Online interaction allows you to say things you'd probably never say in reality, taking that in consideration makes forums a place to vent off anger without facing serious consequences.

But again, the same question can be applied to every other aspect of our daily lives. Why are we so eager to make new friends? To make our miserable lives more bearable. Why do we go to kindergarten? To go to elementary school. Why do we go to elementary school? To go to middle school. Why do we go to middle school? To go to high school. Why do we go to high school? To go to college. Why do we go to college? To make sure we have a higher chance at being employed. Why do we get jobs? To have enough money to spend on attracting a mate, get married, have kids and use that money to support their education. It's a never-ending cycle. if you think about it, our whole lives are as meaningless and pointless as going on forums like these.

I don't really understand those quotes, they seem to have been taken out of context. I do, however, absolutely love this one:

Quote :
why I don't have AIM and such. I suppose you're an exception. ;)

I'm guessing that's Hidden. I'm 100% sure at least one of those is made by Dan, too. Actually, I think this whole conversation is between Tricky and Dan.
Exactly as I've said, it is just a fake happiness.

Now you are getting it! Our existance and way of life is just a mystery. Why do we do the things that we do? To live a happy life. What is a "happy life"? Our way of enjoying ourselves. Why do we want to enjoy ourselves? It is how we are. Why are we like that? No one knows. It continues into unknown territory which is most likely a repeating cycle like a lot of things are.
Kool Kat
Post November 13th 2009, 6:36 am by Kool Kat
Lily wrote:

I don't think he's saying that your lame. =/
You're not getting the point. I guess its pretty much seeing what makes people come here.

Sovereign wrote:
Some of us come here because they're too lazy to get up and have a face-to-face conversation with anyone they know, it's too much of a hassle for most people these days. Others come here looking for advice, which is ridiculously hilarious seeing that this is a forum filled with mostly immature kids and angsty teenagers. Some of us view this forum as a toy, something they can use to amuse themselves with. Kind of like a circus, members being the clowns and BT being the ringmaster. (Lame People 461392) Some just like wasting their time here for no apparent reason, although it's highly likely that people come here to find and interact with individuals that share the same interests and hobbies with them, I guess you could add most of the userbase to this category.

Quote :
why I don't have AIM and such. I suppose you're an exception. Lame People 275633

I've got to say i agree with all that pretty much. People have their online lives to get away from all that crap that goes on in life and pretty much just do stuff that would have different consequences if they were to do it in real life. I guess this stuff is all really psychological.

But i highly doubt this conversation is between Tricky and Dan. In fact, it seems more of a conversation that would be between YOU and Tricky or KD and Tricky.

Hidden wrote:
Kool Kat wrote:

For myself, I have nothing better to do. I live near none of my friends and have no way to get to most of them. If I had, I probably wouldn't even be here now. I was going to say this earlier, but I forgot to include it in my post and so... yeah.

Do as you wish, but this is what I think.

Lily wrote:
Type whatever you want, I'm not telling you what to do. It's my own opinion on this however, I can make the thread if I want. Lame People 275633 Plus, this is a recent discussion. From like the last few days. I put it in here as a blog because it made me wonder and I've been thinking about posting this for a while. It's not that you come here, it's what you do here that I'm more concerned of. Where I live and how I've grown up, everyone around here would probably consider it stupid and nerdy. Like that :brothers : thread. It's called the Awesome smiley, ...I think, but who really cares? Posting a thread saying that users should be banned for missusing it, is just... _______.

Sovereign wrote:
Some of us come here because they're too lazy to get up and have a face-to-face conversation with anyone they know, it's too much of a hassle for most people these days. Others come here looking for advice, which is ridiculously hilarious seeing that this is a forum filled with mostly immature kids and angsty teenagers. Some of us view this forum as a toy, something they can use to amuse themselves with. Kind of like a circus, members being the clowns and BT being the ringmaster. (Lame People 461392) Some just like wasting their time here for no apparent reason, although it's highly likely that people come here to find and interact with individuals that share the same interests and hobbies with them, I guess you could add most of the userbase to this category.

Quote :
why I don't have AIM and such. I suppose you're an exception. Lame People 275633

Exactly as I've said, it is just a fake happiness.

Now you are getting it! Our existance and way of life is just a mystery. Why do we do the things that we do? To live a happy life. What is a "happy life"? Our way of enjoying ourselves. Why do we want to enjoy ourselves? It is how we are. Why are we like that? No one knows. It continues into unknown territory which is most likely a repeating cycle like a lot of things are.

Indeed...
We waste life time too much... We take all this time for granted... We could be doing so much more. But we don't. Because?
We're lazy Lame People 153259
Life is complicated ... Lame People 108663
.Kira
Post November 13th 2009, 3:01 pm by .Kira
Quote :
I don't think he's saying that your lame. =/
You're not getting the point. I guess its pretty much seeing what makes people come here.

If you got that out of my post. Then you didn't understand. The moderator guy's post wasn't directed at me. He was speaking of the posts of others. I was saying that if people want to make post that are considered random , it's really none of his concern as long the post follows the rules.
Post November 13th 2009, 11:33 pm by BT
You should be banned for using :awesome: incorrectly.

And stop acting like you know what :awesome: means, because you don't know anything about the internet past Club Penguin and MySpace.
Kool Kat
Post November 13th 2009, 11:35 pm by Kool Kat
BT wrote:

And stop acting like you know what :awesome: means, because you don't know anything about the internet past Club Penguin and MySpace.

who u?
Bandit
Post November 15th 2009, 12:48 am by Bandit
That post is very..confusing.
Post November 15th 2009, 2:10 am by BT
Kool Kat wrote:
BT wrote:

who u?
I am currently leading one of the largest internet crusades ever.
Triton
Post November 15th 2009, 2:17 am by Triton
BT wrote:

That's cool, but no one cares, so if it bothers you that much just leave, ok? Your not funny and it's old.
Post November 15th 2009, 2:20 am by BT
Triton wrote:
BT wrote:

That's cool, but no one cares, so if it bothers you that much just leave, ok? Your not funny and it's old.
Everyone else thinks it's funny.
Tricky
Post November 15th 2009, 3:44 am by Tricky
BT wrote:

I don't have a MySpace and I don't go on Club Penguin, much anymore. I know more than that.

BT wrote:
Kool Kat wrote:
BT wrote:

who u?
Aren't you awesome. :/

BT wrote:
Triton wrote:
BT wrote:

List "everyone" for me, if you would.
Kyuu
Post November 15th 2009, 4:22 am by Kyuu
BT wrote:
Kool Kat wrote:
BT wrote:

Oh?
who u?
Excellent.
Triton wrote:
BT wrote:

Oh?
BT wrote:
Triton wrote:
BT wrote:

Like me.

This if a forum. I've always came here to express my emotions and opinions. I do find it 'lame' to be silenced or limited to or from Smilies. Rules are rules, but let's not go dictator on a bunch of ten year olds. Please?
Kool Kat
Post November 15th 2009, 4:23 am by Kool Kat
You have a weird sense of humour.
Post  by Sponsored content

Lame People

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next