Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1

Go down 
+32
Eddie
magicNASRI
Hellopayton
skate4money$$
jmg11
Technetium43
Aidan Henry
BabyCP
NeoquestMoo
rockergurl7
Adam[]
Snow Bunny
Triton
Kool Kat
BT
2PXI
sydthegreat
iSnow
Snowiyflake
Green Puffle
7Styl3
Dieg
Sjb
Ninja C
Maria
Mickey4741
Paint Ninja
Waddle50008
sevensevenzero
Argie
Yoda.
Rutherfordium104
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Chicken
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Bar_left42%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Bar_right
 42% [ 14 ]
Egg
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Bar_left58%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Bar_right
 58% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Registration date : 2008-01-26

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 4:02 pm

Demented Duck wrote:
Argie wrote:
Demented Duck wrote:
MJ came first, 'nuff said.

I personally think it was the chicken first, the egg relies on her mother until it hatches. Therefor meaning that there would really be a slight chance of that egg surviving alone in a dangerous place. The first human being on earth wasn't a baby, the same applies for chickens. :P
Oh my gosh you people don't read my posts. I said that the egg could've been easily hatched by something else- something that wasn't quite a chicken but through evolution and other weirdo processes actually turned out to be raising a chicken. That is so much more plausible than a random chicken plopping down to Earth from the sky.

Everyone, it's raining chickens!!!

I read your post, I just can't bring myself into thinking that a penguin would hatch a chicken or something...Or even worse...MJ hatching an egg. :omg:
Well, that'd explain homosexuals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:30 pm

Case closed, MJ had a kid.
Back to top Go down
Snowiyflake
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Snowiyflake

Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:36 pm

idk! ive always wondered though...
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:39 pm

The Egg.

One simple egg hatched itself, producing a chick.As the chick growed and growed, it turned into a chicken.The chicken hatched another one and yada-yada-yada...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:43 pm

iMusicLuvr wrote:
The Egg.

One simple egg hatched itself, producing a chick.As the chick growed and growed, it turned into a chicken.The chicken hatched another one and yada-yada-yada...

How'd the egg come to be?

I think it was the chicken first..it evolved over time, from what, the T-rex? And then gave birth to a wonderful egg..but how? I thought chickens reproduce sexually...no asexually.
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:46 pm

Believe me Snook, it's the egg xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 7:47 pm

I wonder if eggs could reproduce..
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 8:01 pm

Snookims wrote:
Exactly. If it was just one magical egg, then how in the world would it reproduce? There's one way, but I highly doubt that. :P
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 10:27 pm

Demented Duck wrote:
Snookims wrote:
Exactly. If it was just one magical egg, then how in the world would it reproduce? There's one way, but I highly doubt that. :P
It was hermaphrodic. Duh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 10:33 pm

Well, according to South Park, we're all retarded fish frogs
Back to top Go down
sydthegreat
Lurker
Lurker
sydthegreat

Registration date : 2009-03-20

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 10:38 pm

I have no clue! *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 20th 2009, 11:43 pm

Demented Duck wrote:
Argie wrote:
Demented Duck wrote:
MJ came first, 'nuff said.

I personally think it was the chicken first, the egg relies on her mother until it hatches. Therefor meaning that there would really be a slight chance of that egg surviving alone in a dangerous place. The first human being on earth wasn't a baby, the same applies for chickens. :P
Oh my gosh you people don't read my posts. I said that the egg could've been easily hatched by something else- something that wasn't quite a chicken but through evolution and other weirdo processes actually turned out to be raising a chicken. That is so much more plausible than a random chicken plopping down to Earth from the sky.

Everyone, it's raining chickens!!!

I read your post, I just can't bring myself into thinking that a penguin would hatch a chicken or something...Or even worse...MJ hatching an egg. :omg:
No no no no NO! It's not a completely different species that gave birth to the egg, it was a species that was incredibly similar to the chicken, almost exactly the same, but still technically different, that gave birth to the egg, thus the process of evolution is explained.

Snookims wrote:
iMusicLuvr wrote:
The Egg.

How'd the egg come to be?

I think it was the chicken first..it evolved over time, from what, the T-rex? And then gave birth to a wonderful egg..but how? I thought chickens reproduce sexually...no asexually.
That's a good theory because you are asking how the egg could of come to be if there was no chicken to mother it and lay it. The first ever chicken had to hatch from an egg, but that doesn't necessarily that the egg had to come from another chicken, but something obscenely close (genetically) to a chicken, so that would technically mean that the egg came first.

Demented Duck wrote:
Snookims wrote:
(If you want a shorter answer please skip to the summary at the bottom of the page)
No, they can't reproduce, but who's to say that there was only ONE chicken/egg when it came to be? Like Argie said, it could be that they were hermaphrodic, or that it went off and reproduced with something not too dissimilar to itself, which would of course mean that the combined genetics of the two species created what we can call today, a chicken egg. And keep in mind that the chicken was not formed through an instant, but was formed gradually as the genetics of other species (once again) not too dissimilar to the chicken became crossed with other (once again, again) species not to dissimilar to the chicken, but if you want an absolute moment when the chicken and/or egg came to be, it was probably when all of the genetics of all the species not too dissimilar to the chicken came together through a process of reproduction and the passing down of genes, created two OR MORE species that were (not this time folks) actually quite similar to the chicken, that then bred, to make an egg that would soon hatch into a chicken. Now remember how I said two OR MORE? By that I meant that the same two species that were actually quite similar to the chicken came together in the same place at the same time, and managed to create a chicken egg as well, which would then hatch and probably go breed with the one thing that was exactly the same as it which was the chicken I mentioned earlier, and keep in mind that this could have happened a whole number of times over different places creating a ton of chicken which would then go breed with the other chickens to make more chickens.

SUMMARY (only about three sentences):
Spoiler:

Edit: This should DEFINITELY be moved to the debates hall.
Back to top Go down
Maria
The Chosen One
The Chosen One
Maria

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 2:45 am

If God could just create the chicken instantly, why would it go through all those phases? Never mind anyway, that's a stupid question.. :P
The evolution theory sounds reasonable, I admit that. But I'm still going with Chicken..Or just neither since according to that, the creature who became a chicken came before it even existed. 8D
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 5:21 am

Demented Duck wrote:
If God could just create the chicken instantly, why would it go through all those phases? Never mind anyway, that's a stupid question.. :P
The evolution theory sounds reasonable, I admit that. But I'm still going with Chicken..Or just neither since according to that, the creature who became a chicken came before it even existed. 8D
Yes religiously the chicken came first, scientifically it's just a load of dingo's kidneys.
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 1:14 pm

I am very impressed with how much everyone is posting. I am wondering what would happen if Charles Darwin was alive today and read this post. I wonder what he would say...
Back to top Go down
Waddle50008
Super-Human
Super-Human
Waddle50008

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 1:16 pm

All I see in the Poll is Chicken & egg. Where is the answer "No"?

xD
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 1:18 pm

"Then God made animals"

The end.

Lock please.
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 2:53 pm

I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD (this is a SCIENTIFIC discussion). A second thing is, I heard the chicken evolved from Velociraptors. Also, the one penguin who posted right before was back-seat modding.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 10:05 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD

i think thats a matter of what you believe in. :roll:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 10:18 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD (this is a SCIENTIFIC discussion). A second thing is, I heard the chicken evolved from Velociraptors. Also, the one penguin who posted right before was back-seat modding.

I believe a talking hamburger made everything.

Kool Kat wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD

i think thats a matter of what you believe in. :roll:

And my point is..truth^
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 10:30 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:

First part was your opinion. And please explain to me how you want to have a "scientific discussion without religion coming in?

And to question your answer, if a chicken evolved from velociraptors, then what did the velociraptor evolve from and what did that creature evolve from etc.
Back to top Go down
Snow Bunny
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Snow Bunny

Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 21st 2009, 10:59 pm

Mickey4741 wrote:
It depends if you're talking creation or science.

That's right. ;)
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 12:10 am

Triton wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:

First part was your opinion. And please explain to me how you want to have a "scientific discussion without religion coming in?

And to question your answer, if a chicken evolved from velociraptors, then what did the velociraptor evolve from and what did that creature evolve from etc.
Pieces of bacteria that.... just... hmm. Good question.
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 1:33 pm

Argie wrote:
Triton wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:

Pieces of bacteria that.... just... hmm. Good question.

Well, here's what I have to say:

• For Triton, I would like to point out that it is possible to have a scientific discussion WITHOUT INVOLVING RELIGION. This conversation is supposed to be scientific. And it is not just my opinion God isn't real. It's a fact he doesn't exist. Also, I would like you to prove to me he does exist. I don't believe anything unless there's enough evidence (and please, books and web-sites are NOT evidence. Give me an experiment or something.)
  • For Argie, I would like to say that bacteria are mainly made up of only two things: organic molecules (DNA in the nucleoid, RNA in the ribosomes and on its own, and phosphilids in the cell membrane) and water (the cytoplasm).
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 2:37 pm

It is not possible to have a scientific discussion involving your beliefs on evolutions/creationism/and intelligent design smashed into a classic question without involving religion. And, even though you are athiest, don't say it is fact that there is no God, because then you will be lying. You have no idea, just like us. You could at least say "I believe".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next