Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1

Go down 
+32
Eddie
magicNASRI
Hellopayton
skate4money$$
jmg11
Technetium43
Aidan Henry
BabyCP
NeoquestMoo
rockergurl7
Adam[]
Snow Bunny
Triton
Kool Kat
BT
2PXI
sydthegreat
iSnow
Snowiyflake
Green Puffle
7Styl3
Dieg
Sjb
Ninja C
Maria
Mickey4741
Paint Ninja
Waddle50008
sevensevenzero
Argie
Yoda.
Rutherfordium104
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Chicken
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Bar_left42%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Bar_right
 42% [ 14 ]
Egg
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Bar_left58%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Bar_right
 58% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 2:40 pm

Wow, fact? Are you serious? Did you just think of that?

Do you actually want me to believe that our whole body structure and how it works was an accident?

And "bacteria" started it all? Then explain what they evolved from? Please, I would like to hear your whole list.
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 2:49 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD (this is a SCIENTIFIC discussion). A second thing is, I heard the chicken evolved from Velociraptors. Also, the one penguin who posted right before was back-seat modding.

Charels Darwin, creator of that theory, disproved that before he died. So before you start talking REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE learn your facts.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:08 pm

BT wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would add some things to point out: firstly, there is NO SUCH THING AS GOD (this is a SCIENTIFIC discussion). A second thing is, I heard the chicken evolved from Velociraptors. Also, the one penguin who posted right before was back-seat modding.

Charels Darwin, creator of that theory, disproved that before he died. So before you start talking REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE - REPORT ME I SWORE learn your facts.
You rock point
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:09 pm

Also, prove to me using an expeiment that evolution is real.

Because I know it's not.

A species of 100% senseless bug (can't see, hear, feel, ect...) camoflauges itself as a leaf. Tell me how it know to do that.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:12 pm

Exactly, and if evolution was real why is it not happening still today?

And again that first little bacteria, bug, or whatever you call it, how did that come to being? Are you going to say that evolved too? Then from what did that evolve from and so on.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:13 pm

Agreed if evolution then wouldn't we all be turning into some kind of thing with no hair at all
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:17 pm

It isn't happening today because it doesn't affect on person or anything. It affects a species over time. Not in three minutes.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:19 pm

But there has been so much time between the start of everything that it should at least have started forming again if it were true.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:22 pm

What do you mean? Since the start of everything, everything HAS changed a lot. You aren't going to notice changing of species by looking at your friend or something. It can take hundreds, thousands, millions of years to do something noticable.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:27 pm

Argie wrote:
What do you mean? Since the start of everything, everything HAS changed a lot. You aren't going to notice changing of species by looking at your friend or something. It can take hundreds, thousands, millions of years to do something noticable.

Exactly, but the same species that have been written in records from long past years still display the same species in their same natural forms. Nothing changed.

I just don't really get how I'm supposed to be able to believe that something happened out of nothing.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:29 pm

It's not happening out of nothing, it is happening with mutations, breeds, and natural selection.

Oops, I think this is the wrong thread... this is about the chicken and egg and not evolution. =P Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:30 pm

Argie wrote:
It's not happening out of nothing, it is happening with mutations, breeds, and natural selection.

But show me where that all started from. What cause these mutations and breeds?
Back to top Go down
Adam[]
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Adam[]

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:31 pm

A circle has no beginning.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 3:32 pm

Plus the evolution theory says we evolved from monkeys and what about all those monkeys out there eh? :roll:
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: reply   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 5:48 pm

I just thought I would say something: the first bacteria formed from organic molecules, water, and a bit of energy in the form of lightning.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 6:24 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:
I just thought I would say something: the first bacteria formed from organic molecules, water, and a bit of energy in the form of lightning.

Ok, now please explain where that water came from, those little organic molecules, and the bit of energy.
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 6:37 pm

Many of the elements were around when the earth was first forming. The energy came from lightning (there was a lot of that back then). Hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, and many other elements were on Earth. These then all combined to form the water and organic molecules. So there.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 6:48 pm

Rutherfordium104 wrote:
Many of the elements were around when the earth was first forming. The energy came from lightning (there was a lot of that back then). Hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, and many other elements were on Earth. These then all combined to form the water and organic molecules. So there.

I know I'm sounding annoying, but then where did those elements come from?
Back to top Go down
BT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 22nd 2009, 6:49 pm

Addy wrote:
A circle has no beginning
Or an end, therefore, it doesn't exist.

Just like time,
The future is neither the present or the past. But 5 minutes from now, it will be the present, and six minutes it will be the past. Time isn't relative.
Back to top Go down
Rutherfordium104
Lurker
Lurker
Rutherfordium104

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:26 am

Triton wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:

When the Sun was first forming, there were massive clouds of hydrogen. The Sun began to fuse two isotopes of hydrogen (deuterium and tritium) under intense heat and pressure, forming helium. Meanwhile, tiny bits of rock were swirling around in a disk around the Sun. These rocks all began to clump together to form the cores of the outer planets and the terrestrial planets. Farther out in the solar system, there was more gas, so the protoplanets out there became the gas giants. Those closer in became the terrestrial planets (which includes Earth).
Back to top Go down
rockergurl7
Citizen
Citizen
rockergurl7

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 8:21 am

My grandpa is a scientest and he says the chicken. I say the egg. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
2PXI
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
2PXI

Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 8:35 am

Triton wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:

Can I just end all of these annoying questions with a few rather simple yet confusing statements?

The answers to all of these questions can be explained in many different (and infinite) ways depending on what you believe in, and thus the argument becomes a science vs religion argument. But it's really a pointless argument seeing as both sides disprove each other. Plus you have to take into account that those aren't the only two possibilities. In an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities, which can disprove each other so well that it becomes incredibly improbable that any one of those possibilities is even CORRECT.

More importantly it becomes even more incredibly improbable that we will ever find the answer, if there even is an answer to begin with, if there even is ANYTHING to begin with.

The point I'm trying to make is that (when you think about it), all facts are indefinite. (So it only matters what you personally think, which in a way means that all imaginable debates are pointless)
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 8:41 am

BT wrote:
Addy wrote:
A circle has no beginning
Or an end, therefore, it doesn't exist.

Just like time,
The future is neither the present or the past. But 5 minutes from now, it will be the present, and six minutes it will be the past. Time isn't relative.

someones already stated it.
like he said, "the circle has no beginning or end"

end of story.
Back to top Go down
NeoquestMoo
Wanderer
Wanderer
NeoquestMoo

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 6:59 pm

The cat. Watch, as my amazing logic unfolds before your very eyes-
Cat=Scaredy Cat=Chicken
I
Egg.
HA!
Fools! All of you!
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:02 pm

I'd say egg because if their was no egg then the chicken wouldn't be alive but if you picked chicken. Where did the chicken come from? The egg of course.
8D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next