Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1

Go down 
+32
Eddie
magicNASRI
Hellopayton
skate4money$$
jmg11
Technetium43
Aidan Henry
BabyCP
NeoquestMoo
rockergurl7
Adam[]
Snow Bunny
Triton
Kool Kat
BT
2PXI
sydthegreat
iSnow
Snowiyflake
Green Puffle
7Styl3
Dieg
Sjb
Ninja C
Maria
Mickey4741
Paint Ninja
Waddle50008
sevensevenzero
Argie
Yoda.
Rutherfordium104
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?
Chicken
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Bar_left42%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Bar_right
 42% [ 14 ]
Egg
One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Bar_left58%One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Bar_right
 58% [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

Registration date : 2008-02-16

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:33 pm

Nope god created a chicken that had an egg and so on........
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:35 pm

Mhmm... a chicken just appeared in the middle of nowhere. Believable. Along with the fact that it had no mate.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:37 pm

God created roosters also
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:39 pm

Once again hard to believe that every species or type of species was simply plopped down to Earth by some unknown, unthinkable power that was so powerful s/he/it could make something so heavy that s/he/it couldn't lift it. < Which is even lamer to believe.
Back to top Go down
NeoquestMoo
Wanderer
Wanderer
NeoquestMoo

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:40 pm

Whatever evolved in to a Chicken lays a batch of eggs one day. Some became roosters, some became hens. Gradually, the chicken population expanded.
So egg.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:40 pm

2PXI wrote:
Triton wrote:
Rutherfordium104 wrote:
Many of the elements were around when the earth was first forming. The energy came from lightning (there was a lot of that back then). Hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, and many other elements were on Earth. These then all combined to form the water and organic molecules. So there.

I know I'm sounding annoying, but then where did those elements come from?
Can I just end all of these annoying questions with a few rather simple yet confusing statements?

The answers to all of these questions can be explained in many different (and infinite) ways depending on what you believe in, and thus the argument becomes a science vs religion argument. But it's really a pointless argument seeing as both sides disprove each other. Plus you have to take into account that those aren't the only two possibilities. In an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities, which can disprove each other so well that it becomes incredibly improbable that any one of those possibilities is even CORRECT.

More importantly it becomes even more incredibly improbable that we will ever find the answer, if there even is an answer to begin with, if there even is ANYTHING to begin with.

The point I'm trying to make is that (when you think about it), all facts are indefinite. (So it only matters what you personally think, which in a way means that all imaginable debates are pointless)

Exactly, but what I'm saying is that you stated that God did not exist and that it was a fact, and that's totally going against what you just said. It's not a fact it's your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ninja C
Vanguard
Vanguard
Ninja C

Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:42 pm

10 to 10.. :line:
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:42 pm

Let's put it in this point.

For us religious people our god created the world,of course it seems also hard to believe that everything just created itself casue that's also what science states eh?
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:44 pm

Dieg wrote:
Let's put it in this point.

For us religious people our god created the world,of course it seems also hard to believe that everything just created itself casue that's also what science states eh?
Nope, nothing can just "create itself". It is a big sequence of events, actually.

What religion is trying to say is that God has been around forever and forever and forever back to when there were no limits. Sorry if I seem limited, but I believe that is a bit impossible, because as BT said something that has no beginning must not have an ending. And as stated, technically this shows that the thing in perspective has no existance at all. Not trying to say that religion is wrong, I believe in God, but I consider it rather flimsy vs. evolution.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:46 pm

Aha but how did the first organism create I mean how can it create itself
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:47 pm

The first organism. Was that, like, a piece of one-celled random stuff or something? =P Well, the first organism was NOT a chicken. It is perfectly plausible that God did create that or whatever. But that proves nothing about evolution itself.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:48 pm

Well, in Religion God is a supernatural being, meaning you can't put a limit on him.
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:49 pm

But if we really evolved then what about those monkeys that are still there they have been there for a long time and there's nothing changed about them
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:50 pm

And that means you can't call God a "him" either, because that is rather limited, too. No meaning of offensiveness.

But, to state my real opinion I think evolution happened because God decided to do this and that led to that and bla bla bla and "that" had a mind of its own and started changing as it bred over the ages with other thats. Yeah... so basically I believe that God kinda watched over evolution but did not push, shove, or the etc in anyway.

EDIT: Darn this is the chicken/egg thread.

And at Dieg, I have said this a billion times before: WE HAVEN'T EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS!!!
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:52 pm

That might be real but I'm very very religious so I believe also in Adam and Eve
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:55 pm

Argie wrote:
And that means you can't call God a "him" either, because that is rather limited, too. No meaning of offensiveness.

But, to state my real opinion I think evolution happened because God decided to do this and that led to that and bla bla bla and "that" had a mind of its own and started changing as it bred over the ages with other thats. Yeah... so basically I believe that God kinda watched over evolution but did not push, shove, or the etc in anyway.

And at Dieg, I have said this a billion times before: WE HAVEN'T EVOLVED FROM MONKEYS!!!

Yea, but wouldn't God want to do it himself. What would be the point of creating something and not taking the credit for it?

Why not just do it yourself?
Back to top Go down
Aidan Henry
Beholder
Beholder
Aidan Henry

Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2009, 7:59 pm

Egg. Something else could have kept it warm.
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyApril 14th 2009, 9:15 am

Triton wrote:
Argie wrote:

Yea, but wouldn't God want to do it himself. What would be the point of creating something and not taking the credit for it?

Why not just do it yourself?

Triton, regarding your statement of creating something and not taking credit for it, I wonder what Madame Curie would say about that...

You see, after she (and her husband Pierre) discovered the element of radium :sun: , she, although she did take credit for discovering the element, chose to allow radium to be used for all mankind. She did not "patent" her method of extracting radium from uraninite, so she technically speaking allowed others to "copy" the process. Therefore, she is given credit for finding radium, even though she never patented it. She created something (actually discovered) and chose not to take official credit for it (in the form of a patent). So there, Triton (I wish I did have a time machine to hear what Madame Curie actually would say about this "create something, not take credit" thing :D ).

And nice try, Triton, sneaking in bad words. Uh... it seems like you may have to infract yourself (using a bad word indirectly, if someone knows what they mean, it still counts) :div: So, well, all things said, I thought I will also point out that we DID EVOLVE! We evolved from creatures known has hominids, and as we go back farther and farther in time (yet again I wish for a time machine :Joyful: ), we would find out our most distant ancestors are actually bacteria (in fact, the mitochondria in our cells were actually once on their own as a form of bacteria, explaining why protists are larger than bacteria and why mitochondria have their own DNA.) And now you wonder, where did all these bacteria come from? They formed when different gases in the atmosphere and oceans combined, along with a spark of energy in the form of lightning, creating organic molecules (such as DNA, RNA, and phosphilids). The DNA made the nucleoid (the single strand of DNA in a bacterium), the RNA made the ribosomes (the part of a cell that makes proteins), and the phosphilids made the cell membrane (the edge of the cell that keeps the whole thing from falling apart). And all of these molecules in the atmosphere and ocean were aleready there, from the great clouds of hydrogen, helium, and other elements left over from the formation of the Sun (which in turn was made from great clouds of hydrogen clumping together, which were produced from older stars that EXPLODED 8D , which leads us to the beginning of time: the Big Bang. As fusion began in the first stars, elements heavier than lithium and beryllium first formed, while the exploding stars produced elements heavier than iron (but lighter than neptunium). And these atoms came from the hydrogen. And the hydrogen came from a sea of protons and electrons lured to each other. The electrons and quarks (parts of a proton) were formed with the big bang in a burst of energy, and the Big Bang was caused by intense heat and pressure to a singularity, that exploded.

Therefore, there is no such thing as God :P .
Back to top Go down
Dieg
Super-Human
Super-Human
Dieg

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyApril 14th 2009, 4:04 pm

There is a thing as god and I can prove that to you without writing all those paragraphs explaining why god is real.Plus the big bang has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in my whole life,a whole planet can't just explode.Plus think who could create all that things you talk about.I don't believe they couldn't just make themselves.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyApril 14th 2009, 4:06 pm

A planet didn't explode. Something else did. An atom filled with light... a... yeah... something like that.
Back to top Go down
Technetium43
Beholder
Beholder
Technetium43

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyApril 14th 2009, 4:47 pm

A very small object with infinite density, called a singularity, was what exploded to cause the Big Bang.
NOW HIRING
Madame Curie Impersenator

I need somebody who can pretend to be Madame Curie (it's the next best thing to having a time machine to meet the REAL Madame Curie), for reasons you know (try scrolling up). I can't do it because I'm a guy.
If anyone thinks they could do it, please post! Just let me know that you are impersonating her. Thank you.

Last edited by Technetium43 on April 14th 2009, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : needed to add)
Back to top Go down
jmg11
Super-Human
Super-Human
jmg11

Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyJuly 3rd 2009, 11:45 pm

It was a big Super Nova. But anyway to get back on topic....

I say the chicken came first cause a Egg needs the chicken to keep warm and the chicken can lay the egg.
Back to top Go down
skate4money$$
Vagabond
Vagabond
skate4money$$

Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyNovember 11th 2009, 8:16 pm

ITS THE EGG OK PPLZ AND DATS FINAL
Back to top Go down
Hellopayton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hellopayton

Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 4:47 pm

Dinosaurs were laying eggs long before the chicken was even in existence, so on the evolutionary time line, the egg came first.
Back to top Go down
magicNASRI
Exemplar
Exemplar
magicNASRI

Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 4:57 pm

Chickens were the Dinosaurs ancestors, so it has to do with the dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1   One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

One of Mankind's Biggest Questions 1
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next