Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two New Mods!

Go down 
+42
AlterBlade
Ghost
Thunder
Snow Bunny
Kool Kat
iSnow
Triton
Snowiyflake
Plurk.
Crasher5456
Argie
Techno
Paint Ninja
Egaro
Payton
Creeper
Jess
RR
Lemondrops
Dan
Tricky
Ace
Skyward Sam
Asho
Ovaiz
iWaddle
BabyCP
.Tranquility
stevenF50
Loki Terry
Big Sb
Green Puffle
LtbJ
Bandit
7Styl3
magicNASRI
2PXI
Clonewars2
Ketchup Wasabi
Chargers
Goobenheimer
JazzDawg
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

Registration date : 2008-03-08

Two New Mods! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 4:21 pm

To your other posts, how is asking about a forum that the community shares for use getting into the staff's personal buisness? Yes, we have a right to know and to choose what goes on. It's like telling everyone not to know anything about how the president will try to help America because he's the president and it's none of our concern. That's dumb.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 4:23 pm

Omg read the top post. People have been asking who will be the next moderator and who will get demodded. We are getting tired of this. The people who are doing it, please stop.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 1st 2009, 4:57 pm

Well, at least some people here would be willing to inform forumers about stuff like is Cycle is getting demodded. But that's not my point. I was saying that you being modded wasn't something I agreed with.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:19 am

Chargers wrote:
Guys, these are things you don't need to know. You have been poking into the staffs buisness way to much. You guys need to stop asking personal staff questions. Thanks.

Relax relax everyone.
Chargers, that was kind of a weird thing to say... =/ it makes you sound like you think your very superior.

Anyhow, i don't think we should be targeting Chargers and being rude to him. It would be a different story if he were doing a bad job.
However, Chargers, you yourself said there were only 3 active staff members... So then why are the others still modded? :P

But being rude is not the way to go. Especially as Chargers hasn't done anything to us. =]
I don't care who is staffed and whose not. They're still just users to me. As long as it doesn't get to their head...
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:24 am

I don't know how you were looking at it, but I wasn't trying to be rude. All I wanted to know was why we are left out on some things.
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:27 am

Triton wrote:
I don't know how you were looking at it, but I wasn't trying to be rude. All I wanted to know was why we are left out on some things.

i understand. but i think it might of come across as rude to Chargers....maybe.

What are we left out on??
:S
Am i missing something?
Back to top Go down
Ketchup Wasabi
Super-Human
Super-Human
Ketchup Wasabi

Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:30 am

Triton wrote:
Agreed.

Chargers do make some point though. It is pretty stupid to go around and ask for who will be modded or demodded. If it was meant to leak out to all users, the staff forum wouldnt even exist! But sometimes the staff do hold a little too tight on some information. Like something about the walrus group, all you would tell us is they are trying to hack Club Penguin Planet. You dont even make a point about what CPP is gonna do with the hacking. All you say is "CPP will take action against it" What action? These acts are just getting us more and more fearful because we have no clue whats happening. And when we actually get a little more concerned and start to ask about it seriously and start to "bug" some of the staffs, you guys go wild like a million people are asking over and over for some chocolate when you dont have any(I know, bad example)

Cant we figure this out peacefully?

Btw, one thing you have done wrong, Chargers. Youre not making the crowd like you. Banning a user first thing you come in would drop your popularity a lot. xD
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:38 am

Quote :
Btw, one thing you have done wrong, Chargers. Youre not making the crowd like you. Banning a user first thing you come in would drop your popularity a lot. xD

I'm not so sure, that this time it was based on his performance.

The main reason he is getting negative vibes is, because he came in bad. He was gifted the job, which made users angry.

He probably is doing a wonderful job, but it's going to take a while for people to lighten up to him. Users are expecting him to do great, or if not, expect a whole lot of complaining.
Back to top Go down
Snow Bunny
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
Snow Bunny

Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 4:08 am

The new mods are cool :)

(I'm not going into a big long discussion ;) )

Two New Mods! - Page 4 Pica
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 12:07 pm

Yes, that made me angry along with his performance so far.
Back to top Go down
Thunder
I'm Dangerous
Thunder

Registration date : 2008-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 12:08 pm

Congratulations, RR and Chargers!
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 12:17 pm

Congrats Chargers and RR.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 2:34 pm

Alright, I think I've read enough of this.

Chargers, take it easy.You're still just a trainee and you seem to be taking this all way too seriously. Calm down, man. When you said "you guys are poking into the Staff's business way too much" you should stop talking. Yesterday (not literally), you were a regular member and I've seen some old posts of you trying to poke in their business. It seems like you're taking a large advantage over your status. You're not opening up well like most others mods have. Just take it easy, you don't need to get all worked up about this. You're new to this and I understand, but still, you were a user just a few days ago so you don't need to get all rude. Plus, you were gifted your spot by Mook. I find that to be unfair, but Chargers, you're still only a Trainee, ok?
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 5:44 pm

I know I've quit but I just took a look at this thread and I find it funny how conflict can start so quickly. Though this time, the conflict makes sense. Like Chao said, Chargers, being a mod for what, three or four days, is already making the calls for the staff, ''Omg ''We''(Yep, he used we already) know what to tell the users and what not.''

He acts like he's in control already, thats why some things that go on here crack me up. The way that people act, its hard to believe some of you who are teenagers really act like this, two words ''Grow up'' or ''Show respect'' Your choice, but pick one.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 5:52 pm

This is probably the first time I've agreed with Chao! =D

I vote you restrict trainees to a smaller amount of power so nothing gets to their heads everytime they get in a 5 foot radius of their computer, being that the admins don't do a good job picking.
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 5:55 pm

Another thing I wanted to say, if Mook gifted the job to Chargers than why didn't you guys gift my job to Goob, RR or Dirk?

I specifically said that I wanted my job to go to one of the three people from the staff wipe out.
Back to top Go down
Argie
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
Argie

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 6:01 pm

They favor horrible over good.
Back to top Go down
Iced8383
Exemplar
Exemplar
Iced8383

Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 10:24 pm

Ketchup Wasabi wrote:

Not quite so...being a mod on a few forums myself. I came in immediately and banned the next user that posted on it and my popularity didn't drop at all.
Back to top Go down
Flubby
Adept
Adept
Flubby

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 2nd 2009, 11:20 pm

In my opinion banning and infracting is a different criteria. When I was a mod here I didn't ban or infract ANYONE, I warned a few people but nothing seemed so severe as to ban or infract. Some mods go crazy, as a random example(Its the latest one I've seen, sorry to pick on you Chargers) '' Go ahead ban me if you want.'' He said ban me if you want, I guess you wanted to ban him but you had no reimer reason to ban him, the better thing to do would've been to let him off just so no more conflict would've been started. He was bringing up points anway, if no one brought up mistakes, than we wouldn't be improving, I'm not saying its horrible if you make a mistake, but its best to fix it.

EDIT: Yay, another thing to say and repeat over and over again until the staff decides not to be ignorant and look! We all know you can lock threads Chargers, you don't need to inform us that ''When you guys decide, I'll lock this thread'' I know its exciting becoming a mod, but it almost seems like those eight words are stuck in my head, yet so pointless, almost spam, but then again not really.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:07 am

Flubby wrote:
In my opinion banning and infracting is a different criteria. When I was a mod here I didn't ban or infract ANYONE, I warned a few people but nothing seemed so severe as to ban or infract. Some mods go crazy, as a random example(Its the latest one I've seen, sorry to pick on you Chargers) '' Go ahead ban me if you want.'' He said ban me if you want, I guess you wanted to ban him but you had no reimer reason to ban him, the better thing to do would've been to let him off just so no more conflict would've been started. He was bringing up points anway, if no one brought up mistakes, than we wouldn't be improving, I'm not saying its horrible if you make a mistake, but its best to fix it.

EDIT: Yay, another thing to say and repeat over and over again until the staff decides not to be ignorant and look! We all know you can lock threads Chargers, you don't need to inform us that ''When you guys decide, I'll lock this thread'' I know its exciting becoming a mod, but it almost seems like those eight words are stuck in my head, yet so pointless, almost spam, but then again not really.

Look guys, I am doing my job. I warn people a lot and they don't seem to listen. I infracted That Guy because he was flaming and spamming. I warned him but he didn't stop. I then noticed he was really sad about it so I took one away. That was a GIFT. I am doing the right thing here. It is a lot of pressure being a trainee because I am not a full time moderator. I can get kicked off because I am TRAINING to become a full moderator. I am trying my best to help this forum. I don't want people saying I suck at modding because I am doing my best. BTW, Flubby, I asked the staff if I could, they said yes. That's why I did.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:12 am

Flubby wrote:

Flubby, your last few posts have been taking the words right out of my mouth.

As much as I want to be a moderator again I think it's unfair to gift others your mod position. It's especially unfair since Mook and Chargers know each other in real life.

Chargers, I really think you are acting way too superior. You really have A LOT to learn. When someone says "Ban me if you want," you don't ban them. That's just against the rules unless they actually request to be banned. And all these quotes with you using "We" and "Us," It's just not something a Trainee Moderator is supposed to do. I know from experience. When I was a Trainee Mod I was so careful about what I did. I didn't treat myself like the rest of the staff. If I ever wanted to post a stickied thread I would ask first in the staff forum. And I would never use words like "We" I would say "The Staff." Because that is just more polite to do because you are not a full moderator. You really need to improve on these small problems.

I thought you would have been a good choice for a moderator but ever since you were chosen I've been really disappointed. I really hope you learn to stop acting so superior and turn yourself around.
Back to top Go down
Techno
Super-Human
Super-Human
Techno

Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:14 am

I totally Agree Goob and Flubby.

That's so true, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chargers
Vanguard
Vanguard

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:16 am

Goobenheimer wrote:
Flubby wrote:

As much as I want to be a moderator again I think it's unfair to gift others your mod position. It's especially unfair since Mook and Chargers know each other in real life.

Chargers, I really think you are acting way too superior. You really have A LOT to learn. When someone says "Ban me if you want," you don't ban them. That's just against the rules unless they actually request to be banned. And all these quotes with you using "We" and "Us," It's just not something a Trainee Moderator is supposed to do. I know from experience. When I was a Trainee Mod I was so careful about what I did. I didn't treat myself like the rest of the staff. If I ever wanted to post a stickied thread I would ask first in the staff forum. And I would never use words like "We" I would say "The Staff." Because that is just more polite to do because you are not a full moderator. You really need to improve on these small problems.

I thought you would have been a good choice for a moderator but ever since you were chosen I've been really disappointed. I really hope you learn to stop acting so superior and turn yourself around.

I asked in the staff forum if I should infract/ban certain people, they said yes. If he requests to be banned, I will unban him. I did what THE STAFF said. That wasn't my decision. I did what they said. I am doing the best I can. I never expected to be a moderator here, it was a shocker to me. It's not like I don't know how to mod.
Back to top Go down
Goobenheimer
Goobenheimer

Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:22 am

Chargers wrote:
Goobenheimer wrote:
Flubby wrote:

I asked in the staff forum if I should infract/ban certain people, they said yes. If he requests to be banned, I will unban him. I did what THE STAFF said. That wasn't my decision. I did what they said. I am doing the best I can. I never expected to be a moderator here, it was a shocker to me. It's not like I don't know how to mod.
Ok, you shouldn't have even asked but I'm shocked the staff said to ban him. And you might be doing the best you can to find spam and bad users on the forum but you are not doing the best you can about how to treat other users. You are acting way too superior. And I never said that you did expect to be a moderator and I never said you didn't know how to mod. Just please take my advice.

I hope you are not taking this personally. I am trying to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Snowball423
Vanguard
Vanguard
Snowball423

Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 12:27 am

Guys, back off. About a month before Mook quit, before we even knew he was going to, the staff put Chargers in a mod poll, and he and RR came out top. Also, it wasn't Mook who nominated him for the mod poll, so he would have been a mod whether or not Mook quit. If you guys don't believe me, I'll take a screenie of the poll from the SF. Jazz just said "Mook gave him his position" as a sign of respect towards Mook.

New mods make mistakes. Just give him some time. We're unbanning Kaka, and about him posting to make the topic opener request a lock, I'll talk to him about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two New Mods!   Two New Mods! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two New Mods!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next