Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rename Status or make options for it...

Go down 
+11
Dan
Talan
iCool
xPYRAMiD™
Tricky
Kool Kat
Creeper
Rudolph
LetitRockpenguin
RTL
Ghost
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Rename Status or make options for it... Empty
PostSubject: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:36 pm

Status was really meant for "Are you near your computer?" and stuff like that but really people just use it as a thing to type in saying "Your Weird" or something like that. I was thinking you should rename it to something like "Tell Us Something" or you can make options for it such as: Eating Food, Away, Busy, Online, and Don't Wanna be talked to right now. So you can do that or rename it, I think I would do the bar thing so that we can still have "Status" and just add "Tell Us Something" so users can just right something they need to tell us like: Cookies are Good!

CPP staff, as you read this think about it and thanks
:shy:
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:37 pm

We can always make it say like I am currently....
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:38 pm

RTL wrote:
We can always make it say like I am currently....

Yeah, that's another Option, I was just giving out any random name that would work.

But do you think we should do this?
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:41 pm

Yeah, it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:42 pm

Thanks. I really recommend that if you keep the status thing, that you do the bar thing that I demonstrated up there...I thought that would be cool to do because you do those on Instant Messaging systems.
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:43 pm

I don't understand what you mean with the bar thing.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:44 pm

RTL wrote:
I don't understand what you mean with the bar thing.

Sort of like how you guys did the Membership thing in the profile. Where you click it and it comes down into 2 different options "Yes, I am a member" or "No, I am Not a Member."
Back to top Go down
RTL
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:46 pm

Oh but what would we put for that?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:48 pm

RTL wrote:

Eating Food, Away, Busy, Online, and Don't Wanna be talked to right now.

Those are all the options you could have. Others should be able to view that after the person posts too.
Back to top Go down
LetitRockpenguin
Sidekick
Sidekick
LetitRockpenguin

Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:58 pm

What is this thread about?

P.S Tell me so i have a clue.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 6:59 pm

LetItRockpenguin wrote:
What is this thread about?

P.S Tell me so i have a clue.

Maybe if you read my top post you would know :roll:
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 7:41 pm

Just keep it. :roll: It's not that serious.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:10 pm

I agree. I may have a status one day that is not on that list too.

It is a good idea too but I think it is better to keep it the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:22 pm

Some users actually want to know if others want to be talked to so when we view the profile we can see if the user wants to be talked to or is busy or away.

The other thing is for where you just write whatever, whenever, forever. Like what were doing with the status right now. It's not that hard to make a couple of edits and your done.
Back to top Go down
LetitRockpenguin
Sidekick
Sidekick
LetitRockpenguin

Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:22 pm

What is This Thread bout your status again?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:24 pm

LetItRockpenguin wrote:
What is This Thread bout your status again?

I don't wanna explain it in another post, read the very top post and you'll know ;)

I think we should do this seriously, it makes it easier for users.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:34 pm

Sling wrote:
Some users actually want to know if others want to be talked to so when we view the profile we can see if the user wants to be talked to or is busy or away.

The other thing is for where you just write whatever, whenever, forever. Like what were doing with the status right now. It's not that hard to make a couple of edits and your done.
Okay thats good.

Maybe the second could be like a profile signature meaning you could have something similar to your posting signature but in your profile. That would be cool.

And for the list thing, there would need to be some more things like quit, new, back, and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:39 pm

Brian wrote:
Sling wrote:

Okay thats good.

Maybe the second could be like a profile signature meaning you could have something similar to your posting signature but in your profile. That would be cool.

And for the list thing, there would need to be some more things like quit, new, back, and stuff like that.

Like on the side part like the status?

Yes, you guys can discuss what you think you need in the staff forum if you guys do this. Maybe you can keep the status on the side still too, just because then when users are looking at another one they can see if they're "Away" or "Back" or "Online" or whatever they have on there.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:52 pm

Well it will not be in the side.
This will be displayed in your profile for when people view it.

So you are saying status should stay the way it is instead of having a list?
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 7th 2009, 8:55 pm

Brian wrote:
Well it will not be in the side.
This will be displayed in your profile for when people view it.

So you are saying status should stay the way it is instead of having a list?

No that's not what I'm saying, I saying it should stay in the sidebar where we can see other users post counts and stuff when they post but it should still be a list. So that when the users that want to PM them about something and see a post of theirs it'll say if they're "busy" or something like that.

What you mean by display it in their profile is when you click on the user and it goes to the profile it'll show it?

P.S. It would also be great if you could put the peoples random talk in the side part in a post so we can see what they're random chat says without going in the profile :shy:
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 3:46 am

Its a forum........ xD So like, we know when someone is online and someone is offline how it is. And if they don't wanna be talked to then thats their fault. They should of logged off.
I think having the "status" is fine how it is... but thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 1:21 pm

It's what the status was for in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 6:01 pm

No one is gonna want to keep changing that. It's a forum. No one really cares. :P I agree with Kool Kat.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 6:13 pm

I think a lot of people would change it. But it's up to the Admins.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 10:16 pm

Sling wrote:
RTL wrote:

Eating Food, Away, Busy, Online, and Don't Wanna be talked to right now.

Those are all the options you could have. Others should be able to view that after the person posts too.
There are many more options than just that. You could go on for days with options. It is completely better to have it as is. Users can post any status of themselves in there that they want.

Sling wrote:
It's what the status was for in the first place.
I disagree. Status is how you are doing at the moment. It could be anything, that is why you should be able to put anything. Doesn't look like your's is "Eating Food" or etc.

Sling wrote:
I think a lot of people would change it. But it's up to the Admins.
I think a lot of people change them now.

I believe it is fine as is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rename Status or make options for it...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next