Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rename Status or make options for it...

Go down 
+11
Dan
Talan
iCool
xPYRAMiD™
Tricky
Kool Kat
Creeper
Rudolph
LetitRockpenguin
RTL
Ghost
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

Registration date : 2008-01-26

Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 8th 2009, 11:32 pm

Tricky14 wrote:
Sling wrote:
RTL wrote:
Oh but what would we put for that?

Eating Food, Away, Busy, Online, and Don't Wanna be talked to right now.

Those are all the options you could have. Others should be able to view that after the person posts too.
There are many more options than just that. You could go on for days with options. It is completely better to have it as is. Users can post any status of themselves in there that they want.

Sling wrote:
It's what the status was for in the first place.
I disagree. Status is how you are doing at the moment. It could be anything, that is why you should be able to put anything. Doesn't look like your's is "Eating Food" or etc.

Sling wrote:
I think a lot of people would change it. But it's up to the Admins.
I think a lot of people change them now.

I believe it is fine as is.

You don't see your status saying a message that you wrote on IMing, it's if you're there or not. We should rename it to random talk and make the status thing a thing that tells you that. Makes it more entertaining :Joyful:
Back to top Go down
Rudolph
Super-Human
Super-Human

Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 1:30 am

Ghost wrote:
Tricky14 wrote:
Sling wrote:
RTL wrote:

Those are all the options you could have. Others should be able to view that after the person posts too.
There are many more options than just that. You could go on for days with options. It is completely better to have it as is. Users can post any status of themselves in there that they want.

Sling wrote:
I disagree. Status is how you are doing at the moment. It could be anything, that is why you should be able to put anything. Doesn't look like your's is "Eating Food" or etc.

Sling wrote:

You don't see your status saying a message that you wrote on IMing, it's if you're there or not. We should rename it to random talk and make the status thing a thing that tells you that. Makes it more entertaining :Joyful:
Either way my status on here and the status on my IM has nothing to do with anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes nonsense statuses on IM.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 2:13 am

Ghost wrote:
Tricky14 wrote:
Sling wrote:
RTL wrote:

Sling wrote:

Sling wrote:

Quote :
1 a: position or rank in relation to others b: relative rank in a hierarchy of prestige ; especially : high prestige
2: the condition of a person or thing in the eyes of the law
3: state or condition with respect to circumstances
Our status is a mix of 2-3. Status doesn't mean "if you're there or not", it means how you are doing. In games, in life, etc. Somewhat like rank, as by definition 1.

Status of (I don't know the word) internet: Online

Status of life: Great

Status of Club Penguin: Average user

Status of CPP: Mod

Just filling those out for myself. No word has to be limited to 1 definiton. :/
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 2:54 am

Tricky14 wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Tricky14 wrote:
Sling wrote:
RTL wrote:

Sling wrote:

Sling wrote:

Quote :
1 a: position or rank in relation to others b: relative rank in a hierarchy of prestige ; especially : high prestige
2: the condition of a person or thing in the eyes of the law
3: state or condition with respect to circumstances
Our status is a mix of 2-3. Status doesn't mean "if you're there or not", it means how you are doing. In games, in life, etc. Somewhat like rank, as by definition 1.

Status of (I don't know the word) internet: Online

Status of life: Great

Status of Club Penguin: Average user

Status of CPP: Mod

Just filling those out for myself. No word has to be limited to 1 definiton. :/

Thank-You! Someone that is understanding it all. I think it's a very smart idea, and just like how you showed it!
Back to top Go down
xPYRAMiD™
Citizen
Citizen
xPYRAMiD™

Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 1:45 pm

Just putting "Status" there can be a bit confusing, like Tricky explained, "Status" can mean anything from your state of mind, whether you're offline or online, etc..

Still, the list thing could get a bit limiting. I think RTL's suggestion in the first page is pretty reasonable, "I'm currently...." sounds a whole lot more understandable in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
iCool
Exemplar
Exemplar
iCool

Registration date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 2:19 pm

Kool Kat wrote:
Its a forum........ xD So like, we know when someone is online and someone is offline how it is. And if they don't wanna be talked to then thats their fault. They should of logged off.
I think having the "status" is fine how it is... but thats just me.

i agree
Back to top Go down
Talan
Sidekick
Sidekick
Talan

Registration date : 2009-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 3:20 pm

RTL wrote:
We can always make it say like I am currently....

Isn't that on another forum? Miniclip club penguin or something? I'm sure I've saw that somewhere while looking for forums.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 3:23 pm

I like that idea rtl ;)
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 6:17 pm

xPYRAMiD™ wrote:
Just putting "Status" there can be a bit confusing, like Tricky explained, "Status" can mean anything from your state of mind, whether you're offline or online, etc..

Still, the list thing could get a bit limiting. I think RTL's suggestion in the first page is pretty reasonable, "I'm currently...." sounds a whole lot more understandable in my opinion.
You're right it does sound better. Then we can have a lot of the thing tricky had too :D
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 6:59 pm

I disagree with this, why? Because who updates their status anyway? I think ive typed in mine.... once. Thats it. I think its a waste of time to update something users probably dont really use.
-Dan
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 7:00 pm

Dan™ wrote:
I disagree with this, why? Because who updates their status anyway? I think ive typed in mine.... once. Thats it. I think its a waste of time to update something users probably dont really use.
-Dan

Then there would be no point in having it. If you think this, then it should be deleted ;)
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 7:08 pm

Lots of people update it.
Back to top Go down
Sjb
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Sjb

Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 7:10 pm

Brian wrote:
Exactly,
I just Update mine!
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 8:25 pm

Brian wrote:

Well than, excuse me. I stand corrected.
-Dan
Back to top Go down
Kool Kat
Vanguard
Vanguard
Kool Kat

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 14th 2009, 9:51 pm

Talan wrote:
RTL wrote:
We can always make it say like I am currently....

Isn't that on another forum? Miniclip club penguin or something? I'm sure I've saw that somewhere while looking for forums.

yeah its off MCCP. :P
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2009, 12:51 am

Let's switch it to: I'm Currently: and then also: What's on your mind. Those are the best.
Back to top Go down
AlterBlade
Hero of Time
Hero of Time
AlterBlade

Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2009, 1:05 am

I don't see what's the big deal. All you gotta do is fill in what you're doing. That's all I really think is important for that. I don't see anyone abusing it or misusing it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2009, 1:11 am

It's just a good idea. Maybe, (if Forumotion let's you, I DOUBT IT) when you get on it automatically says for your status "online!" and when you're off, it automatically says "Offline!" Then you can also switch it from those to "I'm Busy" or something. But as I said, I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Tricky
Vanguard
Vanguard
Tricky

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2009, 1:30 am

Ghost wrote:
It's just a good idea. Maybe, (if Forumotion let's you, I DOUBT IT) when you get on it automatically says for your status "online!" and when you're off, it automatically says "Offline!" Then you can also switch it from those to "I'm Busy" or something. But as I said, I doubt it.
We already have that. If I'm online right now, then you will see an online button below. :/

I think it is fine as is and I think you misunderstood my last post. I mean, status means a lot of things and sticks good as is. If you feel strongly about showing if your online or whatever, change it. :line:
Back to top Go down
BabyCP
Hero of Time
Hero of Time

Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 15th 2009, 1:17 pm

I think we should keep how it is now. I doubt people pay attention to it
anyways. In my opinion, you have a good point, but it won't make a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptyJuly 19th 2009, 3:07 pm

How about we just rename it.
Back to top Go down
Triton
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Triton

Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptySeptember 3rd 2009, 7:01 pm

After reading it I decided that changing it wouldn't do any harm and that most people agreed to this.

There ya go, it's now, "I am currently".
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Forum Myth
Forum Myth
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 2:12 pm

Thanks Triton, oh, and congrats with the admin.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Dan

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 EmptySeptember 5th 2009, 2:35 pm

Ok, this has been done already.
:mod:
-Dan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rename Status or make options for it...   Rename Status or make options for it... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rename Status or make options for it...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2