Club Penguin Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A staff-only reply forum

Go down 
+8
HavoKitten
iSnow
Vegas
Bronze
.H0oligan
Chub 777
Kyuu
snowmanx
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Agree
A staff-only reply forum Bar_left50%A staff-only reply forum Bar_right
 50% [ 5 ]
Disagree
A staff-only reply forum Bar_left50%A staff-only reply forum Bar_right
 50% [ 5 ]
Agree but needs some changing
A staff-only reply forum Bar_left0%A staff-only reply forum Bar_right
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

Registration date : 2008-06-03

A staff-only reply forum Empty
PostSubject: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 26th 2010, 9:29 pm

How about, we'd make this suggestion forum for staff to post their replies only? And if another user wishes to either question, disagree, or agree to the suggestions, make a new topic directed to the exact same topic?

I'm not saying this should happen, I'm just saying, why not?
Back to top Go down
Kyuu
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Kyuu

Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 26th 2010, 9:35 pm

I know a forum that does this. It usually focuses on account problems, staff feedback and suggestions.

/support.
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 26th 2010, 9:41 pm

Because usually, it's the staff who settles the problems
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 12:02 am

Well the suggestions of other people could help...
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 12:30 am

Shizzle wrote:
And if another user wishes to either question, disagree, or agree to the suggestions, make a new topic directed to the exact same topic?

There you go.
Back to top Go down
.H0oligan
Beholder
Beholder
.H0oligan

Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 1:42 am

Would spam the forum
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 2:54 am

Not exactly, because not many people are willing to give defensive opinions
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 4:05 am

Nah, I like the normal way better.
Back to top Go down
Bronze
Vanguard
Vanguard
Bronze

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 27th 2010, 7:26 am

I agree in part. It would be useful if you want a direct answer straight away, but it would decrease activity.
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Drifter
Drifter
Vegas

Registration date : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:31 am

Well it does look like it might spam it up, but an easy way to fix that is to simply put up a vote with your suggestion saying something like

Agree
Disagree

And if someone chose the last option they would then just make a new topic explaining what needs to be changed (maybe even giving an idea). And if they had a question they would do as you said and make a topic asking the question.

Although I think that if someone posts a question or an idea in response to another suggestion then the person who originally made the suggestion should be the one to respond since it was them who came up with the suggestion and knows it the best. Of course the staff should be able to respond as well but they shouldn't be allowed to close the thread in case the person who made the suggestion has something to add.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 28th 2010, 9:45 am

But can't the staff just make a thread about the topic in the staff forum?
Back to top Go down
iSnow
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Registration date : 2008-11-18

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 28th 2010, 12:36 pm

Vegas wrote:
Well it does look like it might spam it up, but an easy way to fix that is to simply put up a vote with your suggestion saying something like

Agree
Disagree

And if someone chose the last option they would then just make a new topic explaining what needs to be changed (maybe even giving an idea). And if they had a question they would do as you said and make a topic asking the question.

Although I think that if someone posts a question or an idea in response to another suggestion then the person who originally made the suggestion should be the one to respond since it was them who came up with the suggestion and knows it the best. Of course the staff should be able to respond as well but they shouldn't be allowed to close the thread in case the person who made the suggestion has something to add.

Poll made. ;)
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
HavoKitten

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 28th 2010, 12:57 pm

.H0oligan wrote:
Would spam the forum

That's what I was thinking. I don't think we need two of the same topics. People get infrations for that.
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 29th 2010, 7:06 am

I'd choose poll the most, and usually most of the users say "Agreed, it would [lame lame lame lame topic here that's somehow discussed]"
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 29th 2010, 7:26 am

Well the users would need to give ther reasons why they picked that.
Back to top Go down
Vegas
Drifter
Drifter
Vegas

Registration date : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 29th 2010, 10:32 am

Actually, looking at this idea again, it seems to over complicate things, with no major positive outcome.

I mean would this new system really change things? Other than the voting thing which would allow staff to easily see how much support an idea is getting (which people can do anyways), what would this really do?

It would mean that less people would respond to a single topic but that there would be more topics (because of the people with ideas of how to change the suggestion and people with questions).
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 30th 2010, 3:35 am

...but more topics spam the forum. Quality, not quantity.
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 30th 2010, 6:02 am

Yes but what if quality is the main idea of the topic?
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 30th 2010, 6:24 am

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Mixi.
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mixi.

Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJune 30th 2010, 6:33 am

People will give defensive opinions, like you are in this current thread. I think if the staff just give a one-topic report where all the opinions can be posted, it will keep the space clear & therefore, would not require the constant removal of threads.
Back to top Go down
Digit
The Other Guy
The Other Guy
Digit

Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJuly 1st 2010, 11:20 am

I personally think this is a great idea because it helps the mods and admins get better to know eachother.
Back to top Go down
HavoKitten
Hero for Hire
Hero for Hire
HavoKitten

Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJuly 1st 2010, 11:49 am

Yeah, but they have the staff forum, too. I bet the address a ton of problems over there. Probably alot more then we do.
Back to top Go down
snowmanx
Super-Human
Super-Human
snowmanx

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 8:09 am

but some problems here need to be resolved too.
Back to top Go down
Chub 777
The Epic Guy
Chub 777

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 8:21 am

Julie. wrote:
Yeah, but they have the staff forum, too. I bet the address a ton of problems over there. Probably alot more then we do.

My point.
Back to top Go down
Creeper
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum EmptyJuly 2nd 2010, 11:14 am

I agree with this idea. Most topics made in here are not meant for members to post in but they post anyway. We could keep this forum as a user support and a Sub Forum as staff support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A staff-only reply forum   A staff-only reply forum Empty

Back to top Go down

A staff-only reply forum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next